Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #31
sirex
King Sirex

we wont need plates in a few years from now, we will all have RFIDs in our rectums..

Oh wait, we will still need to have plates because its the only way they can make more money off of us.

Im confused as to how they can confiscate your property and keep it even after you pay the fine. I bet the copper that took it has it up in his/her room.

****ing police have way to much ****ing power these days.. Is it any wonder why crime rates have gone down, but police deaths/injuries have gone up??? pretty hilarious.

Last edited by sirex; 01-12-2011 at 06:41 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #32
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Im confused as to how they can confiscate your property and keep it even after you pay the fine. I bet the copper that took it has it up in his/her room.
Well I'll tell you this much, because I pursued this with both cops (yes I had tw taken by different cops).

They both said to me that since it was used in a "crime" (I'm guessing he really meant "illegal activity") it is now considered evidence. One cop even gave me an analogy:

"If we bust a dope dealer, and confiscate his drugs. Even in he wins in court, he doesn't get the drugs back"

Old 01-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #33
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz330ci View Post
I would install it on the spot so I would never walk home.
Funny guy you are. If the cop wants he will make you walk regardless if you have the plate or not.

Never say never.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #34
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
Well I'll tell you this much, because I pursued this with both cops (yes I had tw taken by different cops).

They both said to me that since it was used in a "crime" (I'm guessing he really meant "illegal activity") it is now considered evidence. One cop even gave me an analogy:

"If we bust a dope dealer, and confiscate his drugs. Even in he wins in court, he doesn't get the drugs back"

Yea but drugs are illegal. Is possession of euro plates illegal? I don't think so. That's like saying he can take your shift knob cause you used it in your "crime" of speeding.

I would have consulted a lawyer and gone after those fu<.k.ers.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - gone
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #35
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Flyview View Post
Yea but drugs are illegal. Is possession of euro plates illegal? I don't think so. That's like saying he can take your shift knob cause you used it in your "crime" of speeding.
Really?

It IS illegal to have it on your car in such a way that it can be confusing to your required Ontario plate. Just like it is illegal to not have a front plate on at all (or put a europlate in it's place).

Quote:
I would have consulted a lawyer and gone after those fu<.k.ers.
For what, waste time and more money on the broken system? I'll loose more then I have to gain.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #36
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:

by that logic then he should confiscate your car because if you didn't have the car you couldn't commit the crime of using an illegal plate
Old 01-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #37
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
by that logic then he should confiscate your car because if you didn't have the car you couldn't commit the crime of using an illegal plate
I guess that is true... what can I say... I went to court for one of the instances, lost, asked the Prosecutor, cop, everyone on how to get my plate back. They all said I can't. That said, I'd love to see someone argue with a cop on the side of the road if he has the power or not to take it. You as a civilian will loose every time, only to take your disagreement to court to loose again.

Who else to ask to get a real legal decision on that, I have no idea. But I'm not going to waste anymore time then I have on it. At one point it's just not worth it.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #38
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
I have seen when a cop pulls over 3 series bimmer, but ignores a flashy 200K car just infront of it. Since than, I could not care less...... Typical Toronto scumbag shithole hahaha.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:12 PM   #39
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
I guess that is true... what can I say... I went to court for one of the instances, lost, asked the Prosecutor, cop, everyone on how to get my plate back. They all said I can't. That said, I'd love to see someone argue with a cop on the side of the road if he has the power or not to take it. You as a civilian will loose every time, only to take your disagreement to court to loose again.

Who else to ask to get a real legal decision on that, I have no idea. But I'm not going to waste anymore time then I have on it. At one point it's just not worth it.
I agree with you and I know youre right. Its the bullshit system we live in, where egotistical and machismo policing takes place on a daily basis. cops for the most part are just over powered pricks that dont have to answer to anyone for what they do.

our justice system is a joke. Its really quite interesting how we got to this point in time where the citizens that pay for all of this shit, and pay for judges and police to keep the peace, the very ones that are trampling all over us.

it almost pays to be a police officer, you can DO WHATEVER you want.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: