Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > Bimmersport Automotive
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-05-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
///MG
3rd Gear Member

1,000,000 thxs

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say thank you one more time for the pre-purchase inspection you guys did for me yesterday for the 2004 M3 covertible.

If I hadn't taken the car in I wouldn't have known about the VANOS problem, the failing cats and the tempered cluster.

Heads up to all maxbimmer members who may be in the market for a silver 2004 M3 with 63K on it... professional opinion from Bimmersport = don't buy it.

Again, thanks!
Mike.
2004 Mitsubishi Galant SOLD
1993 Plymouth Duster SOLD
///MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

So did they buy it instead of you? (j/k)

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MG View Post
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say thank you one more time for the pre-purchase inspection you guys did for me yesterday for the 2004 M3 covertible.

If I hadn't taken the car in I wouldn't have known about the VANOS problem, the failing cats and the tempered cluster.

Heads up to all maxbimmer members who may be in the market for a silver 2004 M3 with 63K on it... professional opinion from Bimmersport = don't buy it.

Again, thanks!
Mike.
dont tell me this is the one from georgetown kia?
zackman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #4
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmer View Post
So did they buy it instead of you? (j/k)
I actually made the deal with the sales guy in front of our customer!

I am contemplating pulling our customer's HPF kit and using on it my new E46 M3 just for the winter months though

Yes the car was from Georgetown Kia...Mike did you notice how he didn't know their own terms of sale? lol I found that really funny. "You know what, I have honestly never even read that stuff...just sign and go" ya right

Thanks for bringing it to us, it was our pleasure to help you out! Good luck on the search, also check the forum sponsor Euro Motorsport they have an E46 M3 for sale as well!

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 01-06-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #5
dgmorr
4th Gear Member

Do you guys have a standard rate for a pre-purchase inspection?
Old 01-06-2011, 01:53 PM   #6
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

The PPI rate is $82.40 + tax (does not include compression/leakdown).

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Old 01-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #7
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Dont trust georgetown kia .. most lying sacks of shit out there. especially there superstore with used cars on the corner of mountain rd and 7.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:52 AM   #8
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@Bimmersport View Post
I actually made the deal with the sales guy in front of our customer!

I am contemplating pulling our customer's HPF kit and using on it my new E46 M3 just for the winter months though

Yes the car was from Georgetown Kia...Mike did you notice how he didn't know their own terms of sale? lol I found that really funny. "You know what, I have honestly never even read that stuff...just sign and go" ya right

Thanks for bringing it to us, it was our pleasure to help you out! Good luck on the search, also check the forum sponsor Euro Motorsport they have an E46 M3 for sale as well!

wow i saw the car there when i was looking at the e90 they have they said the car was clean i asked if it was a person or commercial car they said it was 1 owner personal car they never gave me a carproof but insisted it was good the summer tires are all bald never realized this. i took thier word drove the car for ppi at rmp tires are bald they wouldn't adjust the price or replace tires to close the deal and i did a carfax after all this because i thought something was fishy and low and behold its an alberta car it has 6 records and looks like 3 owners and it was registered as a commercial vehicle..... if i would of know i wouldn't of wasted my time. your right they dont know their terms of sale they are idiots. it was a fight to get my deposit back i basically went to the main store after almost 2 weeks and told them they have 15 minutes to give me my money. they even tried to force me to sign a purchase agreement they said ok we will cross out purchase on the paper just sign it...... scumbags absolute scumbags!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:55 AM   #9
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MG View Post
Hey guys,

Again, thanks!
Mike.
let me guess rob or ken told you that they only sell the best quality cars right
Old 01-07-2011, 01:09 AM   #10
zackman17
Banned

this is the car i guess

http://www.georgetownkia.ca/used/BMW...8b6840d90b.htm
Old 01-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #11
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackman17 View Post
wow i saw the car there when i was looking at the e90 they have they said the car was clean i asked if it was a person or commercial car they said it was 1 owner personal car they never gave me a carproof but insisted it was good the summer tires are all bald never realized this. i took thier word drove the car for ppi at rmp tires are bald they wouldn't adjust the price or replace tires to close the deal and i did a carfax after all this because i thought something was fishy and low and behold its an alberta car it has 6 records and looks like 3 owners and it was registered as a commercial vehicle..... if i would of know i wouldn't of wasted my time. your right they dont know their terms of sale they are idiots. it was a fight to get my deposit back i basically went to the main store after almost 2 weeks and told them they have 15 minutes to give me my money. they even tried to force me to sign a purchase agreement they said ok we will cross out purchase on the paper just sign it...... scumbags absolute scumbags!
Reminds me of my dealings with one of those Keele st dealers when my parents were looking at an E39 M sport. What a hassle, the same day I found out the history of the "CLEAN MINT SUPER MINT" E39 and had to almost go postal on their @$$ to get it back.

Sorry to hear for your hassle, I hate buying used higher end cars for this very reason.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #12
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackman17 View Post
nice Video presentation and looks clean too.. I wondered if they checked and serviced the VANOS problem, the failing cats and the tempered cluster that OP found out from Bimmersport?
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:16 PM   #13
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
nice Video presentation and looks clean too.. I wondered if they checked and serviced the VANOS problem, the failing cats and the tempered cluster that OP found out from Bimmersport?
probably not! btw the one guy that works there is a member on maxbimmer he has an older audi i think he said its a 1990 and its listed fs on max apparently so it wont take them too long to catch onto this thread
Old 01-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #14
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@Bimmersport View Post
Reminds me of my dealings with one of those Keele st dealers when my parents were looking at an E39 M sport. What a hassle, the same day I found out the history of the "CLEAN MINT SUPER MINT" E39 and had to almost go postal on their @$$ to get it back.

Sorry to hear for your hassle, I hate buying used higher end cars for this very reason.
yeah it was pretty pathetic they took advantage of me because of my age..... telling me this is the only car for me ect. i told them price wise i could get into new jetta they were like wow thats a totally different car ken was like i just got back from vacation and i head about the car i really wanted it but i heard it was pending sale... then a few days later he gives me shit saying i held the car for you wen i told him to go and sell it dont hold it. then i said hey i did you a favor you wanted the car so badly why dont you buy it. his response that's my business.... too bad i never signed those papers because i cant file a complaint with omvic, if no purchase agreement is signed.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #15
///MG
3rd Gear Member

Everything you guys said here sounds pretty accurate. I'm not sure where you got the carfax showing the car was in AB. The carfax for this BMW was only registered in ON.

I put down $1000 deposit but they told me that they "stand behind their cars" and I can take it to my mechanic to have it checked and if for any reason it isn't good I'd get my deposit back. Spoke to the sales rep (Tom). Seems like a solid guy. He told me that they will have to issue a cheque for my deposit and that it might take a while. Called him yesterday and he said that he's already submitted the paperwork.

One thing that I did notice is that a lot of the stuff (like allignment, mechanical inspection at my shop and financing) were not written on the BOS so I made them add it (as they were the terms of the sale) and only after they wrote it down I signed the BOS.

I'm hoping that I'm not going to have any problems with getting the deposit back. I don't want to go thru omvic.

I'll keep you guys posted.
2004 Mitsubishi Galant SOLD
1993 Plymouth Duster SOLD
///MG is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: