Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
bucrat
1st Gear Newbie

Newbie Greeting!

Hi all,

I just want to say hello and introduce myself.

I just bought my first BMW and I take delivery on Monday.

It's an black sapphire metallic 328i xDrive with navigation, premium and sport package w/ paddle shifters.

I'm excited and nervous at the same time because this will be the first car I've ever bought as well. Is there anything I should look out for or expect when I take delivery? Any input is greatly appreciated.
bucrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
bucrat
1st Gear Newbie

Hey,

I finally took delivery of my car this evening and overall it was a good experience.

However, there are a few issues I'd like to get everyone's opinion on.

1) I was supposed to take delivery on Monday evening but it was rescheduled to today because the dealer didn't install the 3M chip guard. The dealer said they couldn't source the chip guard because their detailing shops were closed for the holidays. I totally understand this and they did give me a loaner for 2 days. But my issue is that they didn't tell me the chip guard wasn't installed until I arrived at the dealership to do the PDI. They had the entire day to inform me of this so I could make alternate arrangements and not spoil my plans for the day. Am I making an issue out of nothing?

2) When I checked the odometer, my new car already had 126km on it. The delivery agent said that it is not unusual for a new car to have this much km on is since it was a dealer trade (the car came from another dealer about 30km way). I still think it is way too much. Am I over reacting?

3) When I arrived home I noticed a small chip on the front passenger window. On my way home, I didn't hear any thing hit the window and I avoided driving around any trucks. I totally missed this in the PDI, is this something the dealer will fix this out of goodwill?

4) Is my car supposed to come with a navigation DVD disk? The navigation works but there are no disks.

I know this is a long post so thanks in advance for your input.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0782.jpg (44.8 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0783.jpg (32.3 KB, 73 views)
Old 01-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Great looking E90!

I guess i'll try and give my opinion on this.

1) I wouldn't care too much about this myself, but i do agree that they should have informed you that it's gonna take more time so you don't have to waste your time, and get all excited to pick up your car for nothing.

2)The mileage i would be a little ticked off cuz i would be expecting less than that unless they told me so in advance. 126km for a brand new car is a little high in my opinion.

3)The chip is something that would be hard to argue i think. There is no way of telling if it happened on the drive home, or if it was there prior to picking up the car. I personally would rather live with a small chip than to have the whole windshield replaced which might cause more serious issues in the future such as leaks.

4)I think that you should have a DVD in there somewhere unless they changed something that i don't know about.

Anyways, that's my .2 cents. Enjoy the car.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:44 PM   #4
damameke
6th Gear Member

Point 1, would be nice if dealer gave you a courtesy call to inform you that car would be a bit late to get it ready.. but its done.. over with,, you have the car so enjoy

Point 2: it's normal at times that car has more than a 100 km on it.. eventually it will be 100,000 km.. so dont sweat it..

Point 3: small chip.. on passener window, you can ask dealer to fix it, if its very small.. i wouldnt bother.. eventually there will be stone chips on the front bumper and windshield....

btw.. congrats.. now enjoy the car... dont let minute things spoil your fun....
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:00 AM   #5
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
1) i wouldn't sweat this, its done so what are you going to do.
2) 126 is a little bit more than usual (100km or so is normal) but its not really enough that i'd worry about it.
3) I'd call the dealer right away and ask. I wouldn't insist (since you missed it in the PDI, they dont HAVE to do anything) but they likely will do it out of goodwill like you said.

Enjoy the car!

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:05 AM   #6
davericher20
black and blue

lovin the car, congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #7
bucrat
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm just waiting to hear back from the sales manager about the chip.

Also, I noticed that i'm missing the moonroof key and wrench from the tool kit. But it sounds like this is common occurance amongst owners.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #8
bucrat
1st Gear Newbie

Just a quick update.

I just spoke to the Sales Manager this morning and he said that since the chip is very small (size of a small pin head), the filler to repair the chip might not might not inject into the hole. Instead he said to bring in the car if the chip gets any bigger and they will take care of it.

As for the missing tools, he's going to talk a look around and see what he can get to complete my set. Also, he will talk to the GM next week about any goodwill credits for the missed delivery date and 126km.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #9
damameke
6th Gear Member

Did you get a free car wash when you were there?

anyway.. glad that it worked out for you.....
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: