Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-24-2010, 09:11 AM   #16
PROJECT_E36
Banned

[quote=DANIMAL;1471818]. Although I am positive that his top tier fabrication and mechanical abilities may have made him more comfortable to say yes to this challenge.

The mounts are still not fabricated, another month later. Rob decided that it was getting crazy and that it would be faster to fabricate the mounts in house. So the LS6 was for the first time placed between the E36 struts in its future home. After a standard mounting plate some cutting and welding the mounts were completed.

If this is top tier fabrication, this world is really going down the drain!

This build could have been done better by a back yard mechanic. Honestly, does anyone see the welds? The mounts have no suppoting reinforcemnts.

They will certainly break off. I hope you guys understand what you are dealing with, its 400hp not 200, and things break faster with more hp and tq.

more to come....
PROJECT_E36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:15 AM   #17
PROJECT_E36
Banned

[quote=DANIMAL;1471841]Part II

These welds are top tier?

MASSIVE HP loss headers FTW!!

One side of the motor will make 200hp, and the other 100hp.. Headers should be close to / almost the same length.

This is disgusting!
Old 12-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #18
DANIMAL
TYRE ETR

Down boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECT_E36 View Post
If this is top tier fabrication, this world is really going down the drain!

This build could have been done better by a back yard mechanic. Honestly, does anyone see the welds? The mounts have no suppoting reinforcemnts.

They will certainly break off. I hope you guys understand what you are dealing with, its 400hp not 200, and things break faster with more hp and tq.

more to come....
Vorshlag has been using similar engine mounts (with no bracing) and selling to the public for years, never one word about them breaking. This is quite common among the E36 LS swap kits. Are you suggesting Vorshlag and other shops do not know what they are doing?

Quote:

These welds are top tier?

MASSIVE HP loss headers FTW!!

One side of the motor will make 200hp, and the other 100hp.. Headers should be close to / almost the same length.

This is disgusting!
The disparity is not that much, no need to over exaggerate and sensationalize. The difference between long tube and short tends to be about 30hp to 50hp per set. so 15 to 25hp on either side. I'm not going to cry if it makes 25hp less than it could, ill put a fast intake on if it really bothers me that much. Besides full long tubes hurt low end torque, kill me for compromising.

Why did you post this? Forgive me but your intention here seems quite questionable.

All welds on the exhaust were checked with a stethoscope, and I repeat quality is top tier.

Last edited by DANIMAL; 12-24-2010 at 10:31 AM.
DANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:18 PM   #19
PROJECT_E36
Banned

Why are you making excuses for less then average welds, and shit headers.

So your way to fix scrap headers is to change a intake... and make excuses for hack work.

No where did I say the headers leaked, I just pointed out that a 8 year old school girl could weld better.. I guess she`s top tier..

Good luck with your swap, it is a nice one but could have been executed better.

wwT

Last edited by PROJECT_E36; 12-24-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #20
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Why are you making excuses for less then average welds, and shit headers.

So your way to fix scrap headers is to change a intake... and make excuses for hack work.

No where did I say the headers leaked, I just pointed out that a 8 year old school girl could weld better.. I guess she`s top tier..

Good luck with your swap, it is a nice one but could have been executed better.

wwT
You certainly act like an '8 year old school girl'. Lets see your quality craftsmanship big mouth

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:29 PM   #21
PROJECT_E36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
You certainly act like an '8 year old school girl'. Lets see your quality craftsmanship big mouth
Do you and your shop work like that also? I think not...

This is what custom headers should look like, notice the welds not grape vines..

I am just stating my opinion and facts.

I don't see a point about installing a engine, a cam to boost HP, and then lose HP through shit headers.

Also, this engine will not perform properly due to the drastic differences in the two headers.

Basically why not just get someone capable to make you proper headers..

wwT

Last edited by PROJECT_E36; 12-24-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #22
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
I just pointed out that a 8 year old school girl could weld better
Who asked you to point anything out? If you've got nothing nice to say, shut the **** up and move on.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #23
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
I don't see a point about installing a engine, a cam to boost HP, and then lose HP through shit headers.

Also, this engine will not perform properly due to the drastic differences in the two headers.
Driver side header wraps around the steering shaft, there's no other way around it because of the physical location of it. Hence, both banks will never be equal length. A V8 was never designed to be in an E36 (or BMW would have done it). There are always compromises to deal with. The shop's fabricator was gone for a few days, someone had to step in and finish it off because of holiday deadlines. In the end, after a bit of grinding, the result ends up the same. Like BigD said, if you don't have anything nice to say.... STFU and don't ruin someone's build thread because you're "project" will get smoked if you ever pull up beside Danimal (anywhere - track or street) unequal header included.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:18 PM   #24
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
What a hunk of shit!

Haha no, Congrats! Pretty much one of the only interesting things this forum has seen in a while!

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 06:36 PM   #25
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Insane job buddy! Keep up the good work. I gotta admit that i'm a "purist" at heart but I give anyone props for going ahead with something like this! Keep us posted.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:17 PM   #26
PROJECT_E36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPOWERD View Post
Driver side header wraps around the steering shaft, there's no other way around it because of the physical location of it. Hence, both banks will never be equal length. A V8 was never designed to be in an E36 (or BMW would have done it). There are always compromises to deal with. The shop's fabricator was gone for a few days, someone had to step in and finish it off because of holiday deadlines. In the end, after a bit of grinding, the result ends up the same. Like BigD said, if you don't have anything nice to say.... STFU and don't ruin someone's build thread because you're "project" will get smoked if you ever pull up beside Danimal (anywhere - track or street) unequal header included.
In never said my "project" was better or faster. I just hate seeing people say things such as "Top Tier", excellent etc. and then see pics of HP robbing, shitty welding, drastically different size headers.

You can make the same size headers by making the right side one just as long as the left one that was made longer to accomodate the steering shaft.

This board is full of people talking shit, so why can't I make a post stating facts?

wwT
Old 12-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #27
North
2nd Gear Member

Sick swap, and +1 for WOT video/audio.

And remember,

Old 12-27-2010, 10:12 PM   #28
1bmw1
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
In never said my "project" was better or faster. I just hate seeing people say things such as "Top Tier", excellent etc. and then see pics of HP robbing, shitty welding, drastically different size headers.

You can make the same size headers by making the right side one just as long as the left one that was made longer to accomodate the steering shaft.

This board is full of people talking shit, so why can't I make a post stating facts?

wwT
Looks to me like you're the only one talking shit here my friend.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:04 PM   #29
tg07lq
4th Gear Member

i like these threads. interesting to read about new stuff and how its in
p.s winx100 for not making us wait on progress...*cough*doogee*cough* hahahaha jk man.

looks like fun man. good read
Old 12-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #30
dgmorr
4th Gear Member

What are you using for engine management? Isn't a dual 2.5" into a single 3" a huge bottle neck? I am a fan of LSx swaps, can't wait for some real videos.

Last edited by dgmorr; 12-28-2010 at 03:19 PM.
dgmorr is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: