Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
e90-328i
1st Gear Newbie

328i bmw performance exhaust?

hey all, i have a 2011 328i coming in and i want to improve the sound a little. i test drove a benz c300 and that sounded so nice when you hit the throddle, it made me almost buy it. nice growl out of the back end, but only when you hit it, not always when you are driving.
My question is is the bmw performance exhaust have a v8 type growl to it like the merc, or is more of a civic sound. im looking for more of the rumble sound, not the tin sound. hope some who have the bmw performance exhaust can let me know
thanks in advance.
e90-328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #2
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

youtube...

lots more vids on youtube. spend a couple hours on it. ...granted the videos dont give you the full depth of the bass a system can provide...but the clips are decent enough to compare.

quite a few aftermarket set ups to choose from too.
no it wont void your warranty.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
MarkD
Banned

If any exhaust sounded like the ones in those two videos, I'd not be in any rush to buy them.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #4
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
If any exhaust sounded like the ones in those two videos, I'd not be in any rush to buy them.
+1, they sound like shitty pickup trucks.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #5
BimmerDriver
Estoril Blau Member

Send a message via MSN to BimmerDriver
I think to get a V8ish sound you need those oval-shaped tips, or you can just go for the M3, that has a real V8

Jokes apart, I know what you mean, I once drove a CLK base model that sounded like a V8 even though it had a V6 under the hood. I think it'd be harder to get that note from a bimmer. It might be because straight sixes sound different than V6s. I might be talking non sense here but for what I've noticed bimmers always have a sportier sound (higher pitch) and Mercs have sort of a muscle sound to it.

Last edited by BimmerDriver; 12-15-2010 at 03:46 PM.
BimmerDriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

better

Old 12-15-2010, 09:51 PM   #7
MarkD
Banned

^^ that one sounds like crap also. I can't imagine actually paying to make my car sound like that.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:29 PM   #8
e90-328i
1st Gear Newbie

the youtube vids are hard to judge, especially with built in mics that digital cameras have. its going to be over a grand for the exhaust plus install. dont want to delete any parts in the system, the bmw system does claim +5hp and +3ft lbs with no change in fuel mileage. most systems you lose 5 hp. the 5hp up or down nobody would notice on a car this size. the same mileage though is a plus. i guess i will maybe have to wait for a meet to see if anybody has one that i can hear live.
anybody heard one "live"?
e90-328i is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: