Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-13-2010, 01:14 PM   #31
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M325i View Post
my friend you've got it all wrong All im looking for is MORE POWER!! I'm just building for fun i wasn't planing on buying a 325i (e36) but as soon as i drove it and herd the sound i loved it. I don't want any "bragging rights." With an 2.8L and an M50 manifold with
turbo i can take most cars on the road and thats a win for me lol And i don't really know about the VANOS system as i mentioned earlier But i would like to learn and you seem to know a lot about it. And i do agree HP gain at high RMP is sooooo useless because you cant use it. It's never there.
Vanos is a variable valve timing system, and BMWs are not a strait line car, if you want to light to light, just drop a 3.91 diff on and go nutz
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:17 PM   #32
///M325i
(OO==[lll][lll]==OO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissembler View Post
Its good for 25-30hp above 4000rpm. You will lose 10-15hp below that, or about 10hp if you have a good tune designed for that manifold.
AHHH above 4000RPM i see i see, thank you.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #33
///M325i
(OO==[lll][lll]==OO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Vanos is a variable valve timing system, and BMWs are not a strait line car, if you want to light to light, just drop a 3.91 diff on and go nutz
Soo i've herd, the good old 3.91 differentiation never fails lol So VANOS is a valve timing system hmmmm did NOT know that. But i'm pretty sure that 3.91 is a bank breaker noo??
Old 02-26-2011, 01:36 AM   #34
IgnitionDelay
1st Gear Newbie

The condition of the chassis being considered is what determines whether or not the build will be worth it. Turbo-charging a power-plant that has not been boosted from the factory (produced in large numbers) can be very expensive.
IgnitionDelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #35
///M325i
(OO==[lll][lll]==OO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnitionDelay View Post
The condition of the chassis being considered is what determines whether or not the build will be worth it. Turbo-charging a power-plant that has not been boosted from the factory (produced in large numbers) can be very expensive.
Yah so i've been told it can be expensive. And you pretty much answered my other question, the chassis has to be in good condition ehh i don't really think mine would be since i have a 94 e36 325i but you never know i haven't gotten my chassis checked ever.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: