Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-31-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
kikac 525
1st Gear Newbie

E34 insurance

Hy guys!

I woud like to know how much you pay insurance for your bimmer!I'm new here in Canada and I'm looking to buy some E34!I have G2 driving licence,26 years old,no driving exsperience here.Thanks.
kikac 525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

Insurance varies so much from person to person. You can compare the same car, same details for the driver but have a different postal code and it can change the price by hundreds of dollars.

PM me and I'd be happy to run a quote for you.

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:45 AM   #3
JINT
5th Gear Member

1990' 535i, i live in North York, pricey area, 90$ per month with A-Z license.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #4
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

G2 = high premium. No experience = high premium.
25 and over rates should drop based on clean record.
My 1998 civic was costing me more than my 2000 M5, If you sacrifice and pay the high premium for the first year and keep you record clean you rates will start dropping, try and get your ” G” ASAP. My e34 cost me $260 p/m when I turned 25 it dropped to about $170p/m

Hope this helps GL.
parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #5
DYMO
JDM soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
1990' 535i, i live in North York, pricey area, 90$ per month with A-Z license.
$90 is expensive? i would KILL to have $90 insurance.
im at $500 a month

then again, im 22 with a few tickets and registered downtown....
DYMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
cornflakecwl
1st Gear Newbie

I am 35, my 95 525i costs me $165/month no tickets in last 3 years, living downtown T.O.
cornflakecwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #7
zubbie
Happy Happy Joy Joy

poor bastards.

I'm 49, insure 4 cars and 3 drivers including my E34 for @ $190 / month. Obviously not in TO.

89 535iA ; 93 M5
zubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:42 AM   #8
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubbie View Post
poor bastards.

I'm 49, insure 4 cars and 3 drivers including my E34 for @ $190 / month. Obviously not in TO.
You forgot to tell us that when you want to drive to the grocery store, you have to spend $45 in gas each way.

I already checked. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Lawren...activity&hl=en
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:56 AM   #9
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentlindbe View Post
Insurance also varies according to driving record and credit score.
One part of the September 2010 Auto insurance reform legislation was banning the use of credit scores in determinine rates for auto insurance. However, it is still utilized in home insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentlindbe View Post
Iíve combined my home and car insurance to get a good multi policy discount. Highly recommended to save anywhere between 10-15% on each.
^^ good advice. Some companies will also waive the 3% financing fee for the monthly payment plan if you have the house/condo/tenants insurance combined with the cars. So you stand to save 18% with some companies.

If anyone would like, my office has just re-done our webpage and there is an online quote tool. You don't have to put in any personal information, nobody will hassle you with a follow up call or email, unless you specifically request it. After entering some basic information you are shown the 3 or 4 most competative auto insurance rates we can offer.

www.brokerforce.ca or direct to the online quoting: Instant Online Quote

Please let me know by PM if you have any issues, we think we got all the bugs out, but we can only test it so much.

thanks,
Jonathan

1998 328ic - Sold
Old 11-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #10
JINT
5th Gear Member

f@ck this mandatory insurance sh!t, it's a big scam, money down the toilet, they don't cover sh!t anyways when they give you a good rate. With a good rate it's like 5G's deductible, so if anything the first 5 grand is coming out of your pocket. Would be less traffic on the streets too if there was no mandatory insurance, people who can't drive would have their final accident and use subway till they scoop up money for another car, than maybe they'd start being more careful. Only thing is....even the good drivers gotta watch out for the bad ones.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:52 PM   #11
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

insurance myths

Quote:
f@ck this mandatory insurance sh!t, it's a big scam, money down the toilet, they don't cover sh!t anyways when they give you a good rate. With a good rate it's like 5G's deductible, so if anything the first 5 grand is coming out of your pocket. Would be less traffic on the streets too if there was no mandatory insurance, people who can't drive would have their final accident and use subway till they scoop up money for another car, than maybe they'd start being more careful. Only thing is....even the good drivers gotta watch out for the bad ones.
There is enough mis-information out there regarding auto insurance.

Your comments are based on anger, which I completely understand; it's not like I enjoy paying the $8000/yr I spend on the various insurances I have, but there isn't any truth to "they dont' cover sh!t". Insurance in Ontario is a bad business to be in if you are the one paying the claims cheques. Last year in ontario for every $1 paid in premium, $1.06 was spent paying claims. Insurance companies don't make their money by selling insurance, they make it on re-investing your premium dollars.

I take the phone calls. I hear about all the claims that aren't paid. You may have a bad experience with a direct writer like TD, Belair, RBC etc... but that is what you get when you deal with a company who's customer support staff are on the same payrole as the claims adjusters. It's a conflict of interest. Expecting anything different is a bit ignorant.
The claims in my office that get denied incorrectly, we jump all over and fix. The claims that do get denied are ALWAYS because somebody didn't disclose the truth on their application. If that's the case, we can't help you.

Your proposed 'no insurance' system works up until your car is damaged by someone else, through no fault of your own. What happens if you can't afford to just buy a new one? How many people here have bought a brand new car, cash, no leins? What would happen to the limping auto industry if you have to have the cash upfront to buy a new car?

For the record; deductibles have almost nothing to do with getting a good rates.

The difference between a $1000 deductible and a $5000 deductible is NOT worth it. The deductible only affects the price of the coverage it pertains to.

My car for example:

'98 328i vert, Annual premium is $1586. Of that, collision coverage @ $1000 ded is $140, comprehensive coverage @ $1000 ded is $100.

If I increase my deductible up to 2000 I'd get maybe 12% off the premium. so for collision I'd save $17, on comp I'd save less, maybe 6% so $6. i'd pocket $21 a year and have to pay 1000 more compared to my 1000 deductibles.

If you go to $5000 deductible, the saving is maybe 15-17% Just not worth the pennies you save.

For the most part, I recommend deductibles of $1000 on collision, $500 on comp.

Also, red cars are not more expensive to insure.

1998 328ic - Sold
Old 11-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #12
JINT
5th Gear Member

Let people take care of themselves, you are too worried about others. When one needs money, one finds money.
oh and there is no mandatory insurance in alot of countries in Europe, and the automakers are just fine. The ones who make good cars will always be fine. Obviously nothing will help GM. If thats what you're referring to. The economy will adjust itself. No doubt there are pros and cons to each system.
p.s. those low rates are usually one way for those with a bad record. So if i hit a pole on the highway at 100km/h that insurance won't cover a god damn thing.

Last edited by JINT; 11-24-2010 at 04:56 PM.
JINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:08 AM   #13
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

Quote:
So if i hit a pole on the highway at 100km/h that insurance won't cover a god damn thing.
Your policy may not cover the damage to your car, but a "one way" policy would still cover your rehab, a portion of your lost wages, and the damage to the pole

Them poles is expensive!

1998 328ic - Sold
Old 11-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #14
JINT
5th Gear Member

hahha, i bet they are, anything the govt' owns is expensive.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:27 PM   #15
E34TDS
1st Gear Newbie

$75/month. Slightly more for an imported car with my insurance. $300 comp, no collision. $1 mil liab.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: