Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
Bimmer p.i.
2nd Gear Member

local Audio install?

I already have an after-market CD player in my E36 but just picked up another one (with USB connection) in the States and wonder if you guys can recommend someone local to install it for me - qualifications are simple - cheap and good!

I had used Joe's in the past, but that was a lifetime ago - and don't know if they're still any good. So - who is affordable and reliable?

Future Shop will do it for about $70 but the seem to take FOREVER!

opinions?
silver 2006 Dodge Charger SXT - performance chip, blue filter Cold Air Intake, 18" chrome 10-spoke rims, custom graphics, leather, custom vinyl interior dress-up, chrome trim package, chrome grill, custom "Punisher" hood badge
Bimmer p.i. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
carjoe
6th Gear Member

DIY. Less than an hour and that's worst case. My old car had the harness cut off, took me an hour to swap the deck the first time.

If the harness is intact, you just need to pair up the wires, plug er in and go!

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

carjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:27 PM   #3
Bimmer p.i.
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I thought of that - but I want it done right the first time. wiring/electrical isnt my thing.
silver 2006 Dodge Charger SXT - performance chip, blue filter Cold Air Intake, 18" chrome 10-spoke rims, custom graphics, leather, custom vinyl interior dress-up, chrome trim package, chrome grill, custom "Punisher" hood badge
Old 11-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
carjoe
6th Gear Member

Here: http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/tech.../E36-Radio.htm
Start at step 7 and you probably wont' need any harnesses.
Unless you're colour blind, this is as easy as washing your car,

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

carjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #5
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Come over to my place, I'll install it for you. I just put a complete system in my E30. I've also been wiring my fathers RAM 1500 for 10" pioneer champ series subs and jackhammer amp. It's really not complicated. Once you do it once, it's always the same thing over and over again.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:33 PM   #6
Bimmer p.i.
2nd Gear Member

If you're serious PM me your number and we'll set it up - I would like to have it done by tomorrow or Tuesday if possible (will pay, of course)
Old 11-28-2010, 08:25 PM   #7
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

PM sent. I'm wondering if you have the harness, if you do this can be a 10 minute install, if not, it'll be the same but you might have to pick up another harness to fit the E36 if it has one. My E30 didn't have a harness so I just re-wired the complete car. (That also includes a toggle wire from the ignition and constant power from the battery).

EDIT : I have electrical tape but I don't have wire cutters. If you have some bring some, or bring any tools you need. (Like a soldering gun with proper conductive wire if you want to go that route for the best sound). I don't have those tools since I recently moved here from T.O.

Last edited by HavocSteve; 11-28-2010 at 08:31 PM.
HavocSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:17 AM   #8
MaxBell
Clint Eastwood

Steve, I have wire cutter/stripper and soldering equipment if you need anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411 View Post
just letting this furom [*forum] know
MaxBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #9
Bimmer p.i.
2nd Gear Member

Thank you VERY much for your kind offer - I was certainly going to take you up, but while I was getting the new headlights installed at Autovation yesterday, they have arranged to 'hook me up' for today - those guys are really looking out fo me :-)

I have decided tho that I will enjoy the car for the winter, then sell it in Spring to upgrade to a 5 or 7 series - so I just may come back to you yet, if that's ok?
Old 11-30-2010, 06:06 PM   #10
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

It's fine man. Glad to see a shop offering some help. I actually encountered my own problems last night anyways (look at the E30 forum page). Your more then welcome to come in the spring, just let me know how much for the car I'm looking for another since last nights issue.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: