Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-29-2010, 11:57 PM   #31
Boss17
6th Gear Member

It's funny, I get this comparison to M3's quite a bit. Things like "if I add a few more thousand, I can get an M3". The problem I have with this comment is that an M3 in the aforementioned price range is, 9 times out of 10,`poorly maintained, it's age shows and passed on from owner to owner with no record of maintenance.

I can honestly say that my asking price is no where near what I've put into it. I know that mods do not add value but a properly serviced, well maintained, clean vehicle will yield you more than what is being sold.

I feel sick to my stomach when I add up the money i've spent in upgrades and installation (by reputable shops). I keep all my records for all the work I do. People easily take this for granted, you'd be hard pressed to find an owner who is able to provide you with records and an overall well kept car.

E36's won't become collectors items but that's not what we're discussing here. The core of this discussion is what someone is willing to pay for a clean example of an E36. In my opinion, they're becoming quite scarce and therefore the well kept ones will never be in 5k range.

I'm the 3rd owner of my car, have babied it since I've gotten it, never winter driven, did everything that had to be done and it's current condition shows all of that. If I don't sell, then I simply keep it and continue to enjoy it for the years to come.
1990 Ford Probe Turbo- SOLD

Last edited by Boss17; 11-29-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Boss17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:09 AM   #32
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
The really special ones will be the special edition ones that came with the "trunk package"!
Whats that?

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:56 AM   #33
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
Whats that?
Parts uninstalled in the trunk that if installed would void warranty, forget the exact braces and other parts but it was a trackers special
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:04 AM   #34
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Parts uninstalled in the trunk that if installed would void warranty, forget the exact braces and other parts but it was a trackers special
I think you are referring to the LTW? Check it out on the M Registry, but it's not called a trunk package dude.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:28 AM   #35
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
I think you are referring to the LTW? Check it out on the M Registry, but it's not called a trunk package dude.
Ok they were "trunk goodies", on night shift brains foggy. Here I the write up from wicipledia (probly misspelled that. Lol)

In 1995, BMW relented and began building batches of the M3 LTW at BMW Individual. Upon completion they were sent to Prototype Technology Group (PTG) Racing in Virginia for final preparation, which included the front and rear Motorsport flag decals, and "trunk goodies." In the boot there was a different oil pan with dual pick up oil pump, longer oil dipstick tube, front strut bar, lower x brace that owners could install at the risk of voiding the standard BMW warranty. The car also came with the normal M3 low wing mounted but most dealers installed the special high wing when prepping the car for sale. An adjustable front lower lip/spoiler was installed. Each new owner was given a 1 page legal document to sign stating that any installation of trunk items voided the new car warranty. The ECU had the top speed limiter removed which resulted in a drag induced top speed. Forged 17" alloy wheels, 7" wide in the front and 8" wide in the rear, mounted with identically sized 235/40-17 tires front and rear were an additional difference from the standard 17" 7" wide cast alloy wheels mounted with 235/40-17 tires on standard M3's. A 3.23 rear differential was installed vs the normal 3.15 installed in 1995 model year M3's.[8]

Although BMW promised to build at least 85 examples, BMW never released the number of M3 LTWs built, and because of the peculiar assembly line, to this day may not be known. However, enthusiasts now believe that there exist approximately 120 models.[9]

The first two cars, which were used as press cars, are not technically M3 LTWs as they were regular production M3s that PTG made similar in appearance to the not-yet-built LTW. After press duties, those two cars were brought back into the PTG stable.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:29 AM   #36
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
yeah the ltw m3's are nice, although personally i'd try to find a ltw 325 and drop a motor, all fuh raze, no collector markup.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:58 AM   #37
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
yeah the ltw m3's are nice, although personally i'd try to find a ltw 325 and drop a motor, all fuh raze, no collector markup.
Meh, to much work, just change the cams and software :p
Old 12-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #38
hawgripper
2nd Gear Member

My wait is over!!!!

Just bought a 96 328is off kijiji with 129k on it and I am now the third owner.
Went and looked at it today and has a great service history. Was bought off lease in 2000 from the guy I am buying it from and has had a good life with very few k's
One small rust spot in the normal spot just above the rear fender other than that no dings or rust any other place.
It's in the shop now being cert. and etested...
hawgripper is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: