Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #16
Adrian_Lindn
2nd Gear Member

anyone else?
Adrian_Lindn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:38 PM   #17
Bogdon
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian_Lindn View Post
Close to 300$ at Canadian Tire for rack an holder...Gotta be a better deal out there????!
So this price is $200 less than your original find of $500 and you still feel this is too expensive? You have said more than once you don't want cheap quality but it seems that you are looking for a cheap price. Cheap price and good quality do not normally fall into the same product. I can sell you a quality rope and a roll of duct tape for $25.00, it should last you the winter. Let me know.
Bogdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #18
Adrian_Lindn
2nd Gear Member

LOL! im just saying for Canadian Tire quality 300 seems steep. Rather spend that on OEM used rack(which i cant find) there for asking around if anyone has any links. If you dont have a positive input go use that mouth on your boyfriend okay.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:54 PM   #19
Bogdon
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
LOL! im just saying for Canadian Tire quality 300 seems steep. Rather spend that on OEM used rack(which i cant find) there for asking around if anyone has any links. If you dont have a positive input go use that mouth on your boyfriend okay.
Ouch....... Well my boyfriend can beat up your boyfirend.......never mind.

While I would never let Canadian tire service my car they do carry some quality products. They carry Thule racks which is a top quality company that even makes some OEM racks, I think the Smart car racks are made by Thule and so is VW's.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:31 AM   #20
l2iceman
1st Gear Newbie

I agree, Canadian Tire does carry quality products. I've been looking around for a rack as well to carry my snowboards and in terms of brand new and quality, the Canadian Tire might be the best bet. Or you can wait around for someone to be selling a used set...which is pretty rare since it's a useful accessory lol
l2iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #21
Adrian_Lindn
2nd Gear Member

So i went to Canadian Tire. No Thule racks, Just sport racks(frontier) cheap crap, dont even have BMW fitment. I still need to shop around. I hope someone notices this thread!!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 11:54 AM   #22
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

I just got a flyer from BMW yesterday, their rack system is (no clamps) is $300.

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:07 PM   #23
Adrian_Lindn
2nd Gear Member

You think 300$ is a good price for just the rack? i dont think so...Im going to check a local place around here if not...then used, but im not having any luck
Old 11-18-2010, 12:37 PM   #24
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

300 isn't horrible from a dealer. I paid that much for the racks on my Subaru, and that was just the 2 cross bars.

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #25
Adrian_Lindn
2nd Gear Member

Ya rather not from a dealer. Hopefully i find something soon.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #26
Bogdon
1st Gear Newbie

Would someone just give this guy a free OEM rack already, gold plated with a couple of mint condition used snowboards would be best. Before anyone jumps to the front of the line you might have to install it for him as well.....for free.

Last edited by Bogdon; 11-18-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #27
Adrian_Lindn
2nd Gear Member

Bogdon go suck your mother. if you have nothing to say to help then dont say anythin. Im on a forum so i can get links from ppl and ppl who actually have some respect will try to help me out. Like i said go suck your mother and father at the same time cuz it might get u some where rather than being a forum bully
Old 11-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #28
Bogdon
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Bogdon go suck your mother. if you have nothing to say to help then dont say anythin. Im on a forum so i can get links from ppl and ppl who actually have some respect will try to help me out. Like i said go suck your mother and father at the same time cuz it might get u some where rather than being a forum bully
My mother died from cancer 3 weeks ago, nice.

What have I said that makes me a bully? It just seams that you are wasting everyones time, there have been a few good suggestions. You can't expect the best and not be willing to pay for it, but you clearly do. Thinking like this calls for some gentle teasing, thought I would help out.

Steve
Old 11-18-2010, 04:02 PM   #29
Adrian_Lindn
2nd Gear Member

Dont look at the thread if its a waste of time. I dont want to do Canadian Tire so i guess i Have to buy online. I was hoping someone could notice and i could purchase used. Hoping for more suggestions with my posts. Evidently your no help to me so dont post.

Adrian
Old 11-18-2010, 08:08 PM   #30
TenzoR
1st Gear Newbie

I got the Thule 725/726 for about $150 shipped from the State through Ebay. It's the pull top which is very useful. I also got a Thule 753 as the base rack but I found that used
TenzoR is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: