Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Photography
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-08-2010, 08:47 PM   #46
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
I do have a problem with people making unfounded claims because of things they heard from someone else or what not. If someone has never driven Mosport at speed how can they make a comment like it's not safe? Or, that one track is safer than another. That's like saying the hwy 403 is safer than the hwy 404. It's comments like that that get me irritated.
I also wanted to point out that I never said Mosport was not safe. (Again you two arguing made up shit in your head)

I said I too had a 'fear' of Mosport, not because it was anymore safe or dangerous. I believe that is a legitimate fear for anyone to have who understands the track layout and have seen what it can do.

Again condescending comments because you think no one can understand a track until they drive it or take one of your schools......sorry not your schools, BMW CCA Trillium Chapter's.

Never have I pre-judged or question your abilities, I still respect them.
But i'm pretty sure you think I am younger than I really am, know less about cars than i really do or have less education than I really do, maybe you even think i didn't buy my car or, or live with my parents or something.......

My last post on the matter, if you have anything to say speak to me in person.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #47
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
LOL John are you serious? Trevor didn't say anything I saw that was rude... If anything Richie needs to dial it back a bit. The know-it-all attitude isn't doing him any favours lately.
Ouch.

Seriously rude.

I've backed up everything I've stated on here, and honestly thought I was being quite polite in sugesting to Terry that doing a school at the GP track would make it easier to be comfortable with the track.

What's with all the "OG" people being so testy.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #48
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Trevor strait up what the hell is wrong with you? Holy shit your attacking and instigating like crazy outa no were.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:19 PM   #49
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Ouch.

Seriously rude.

I've backed up everything I've stated on here, and honestly thought I was being quite polite in sugesting to Terry that doing a school at the GP track would make it easier to be comfortable with the track.

What's with all the "OG" people being so testy.
There is nothing wrong with backing up what you are talking about. But when you don't fully know/understand the subject matter, that's a problem because you start spewing misinformation. Sometimes you just need to learn a point when to shut up and let somebody more qualified speak.

I don't even think I can remember how many times somebody has piped about something and you come and answer the question for them while it wasn't even directed at you at all. It's even happened in this thread! Just like in the AutoX thread... you talk like you've been doing it for years and you run the event. Dude, its John's event, not yours. You aren't even a Board member anymore for crying out loud. LOL like wtf man...

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #50
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Trevor strait up what the hell is wrong with you? Holy shit your attacking and instigating like crazy outa no were.
Even though I said I was done with this matter, I will respond to you once in this thread since you feel so strongly that I have wronged you in an un-justified way and I can assure you I can justify every remark I made, wheather you like it or not it is the truth.

Please write down what part of my posts you feed was 'attacking' or 'instigating' you in anyway and I will issue you a written apology an retract all my statements if I cannot back it up with my reasons for it.

I do not want you to reply to this post, instead write it down and we'll speak like mature adults in person.

I will finish by saying this isn't out of no where, I've just held my fingers (or tongue as the expression goes) for far too long. That and I am in Sweden for business and can't sleep.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:17 PM   #51
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

I think you guys should all apologize to Dave for going to PF Changs, eating a box of ex-lax and then shitting uncontrollably all over his thread. This back and forth bickering is as annoying as the drone from a fart can on a rice rocket.

PM
Email
Go out for a beer
Just take it somewhere else

Please
Old 11-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #52
davericher20
black and blue

(eating popcorn)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:59 AM   #53
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Rudy just to clarify

first, public question asked on public board, not like I'm answering someones PMs as someone else.

Second I've never said anything I haven't backed up, or said something I don't know about. Your not the end all on advise and wisdom

Third, Trillium Autocross is a club event John is in charge of, but is a club event, and is inflenced by all of us. I am really upset with you attitude as the season was ending, totally just about you, from the whole tire waking thing down to having a second person driving your car to keep the tires warm so you'd have an advantage, or your coment about top 5 at the oakville event and using a half full run sheet.

How about next year you get your ass outa bed and show up a couple hours early and stay till trailer is on the car at every event, and spend most of your time all day helping and being so busy you can't even check your tires all day.
Ya not gonna happen is it??

Fourthly. Yes I took myself out of my board position, you were the first to critize me for doing it, but you really don't get what or why. I don't wish what was going on anyone, and to bring that up on here is about as low as someone can go. B
Old 11-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #54
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Never said anywhere I was the end all, be all of wisdom on here. I could comment about a shitload more things on this forum in general, but I don't know what I would be talking about half the time and I prefer to not write 'correct me if I'm wrong' because that means you just plainly don't know. And that's just a waste of time. Acting like you know when you really don't is a close 2nd biggest fail in my books.

Upset or not about the AutoX thing, I have my own reasons for that I won't say publicly because you are just going to run with it as a childish comment.
I can let whoever drive my car, frankly I owe a lot of people. Kurt let me use his car at Cayuga, I was trying to pay him the back with the least I could do even though you know I am not comfortable with people driving my car.

Pleaseee... you checked your tires a few times don't tell me that crap. You want to talk about rushing, how about you change your tires at the event? I didn't even get a chance to check my pressure all day! I just ran with what I had, and you don't hear me complaining about it. Hell, you guys were all packed up at the end of the day and I was still working away. It's not like I have never helped out clean up either man, stop cutting me out to look like those guys that just leave right after their last run to go home to avoid helping out. I am usually there sticking around just as long as you guys.

And lastly, I don't think I have mentioned anything about the circumstances about the Board. So what's low about that? You're painting a picture for everyone to ask you what happened, you're digging your own hole buddy.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:53 AM   #55
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
I do have a problem with people making unfounded claims because of things they heard from someone else or what not. If someone has never driven Mosport at speed how can they make a comment like it's not safe? Or, that one track is safer than another. That's like saying the hwy 403 is safer than the hwy 404. It's comments like that that get me irritated.
Quote:
Not to mention, I don't always agree with Richie either, but he IS entitled to his opinion, as everyone else is entitled to their opinion, others in the thread are being just as opinionated and you are not harassing them about it?
Hahaha, do you see it? I'm not gonna tell you, I'll let you figure it out.

Unfounded claims? heard from someone??

I've been to the track, I've read about what the risks are, and CLEARLY I am not the ONLY one who FEELS the same way and has the same OPINION!!!
I am sorry that you get irritated over the fact that I don't feel I am ready to run Mosport and am not prepared to write off my car in a wall as a possible risk. LMFAO

Keep contradicting your self Jon, things are only getting more interesting.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #56
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Never said anywhere I was the end all, be all of wisdom on here. I could comment about a shitload more things on this forum in general, but I don't know what I would be talking about half the time and I prefer to not write 'correct me if I'm wrong' because that means you just plainly don't know. And that's just a waste of time. Acting like you know when you really don't is a close 2nd biggest fail in my books.

Upset or not about the AutoX thing, I have my own reasons for that I won't say publicly because you are just going to run with it as a childish comment.
I can let whoever drive my car, frankly I owe a lot of people. Kurt let me use his car at Cayuga, I was trying to pay him the back with the least I could do even though you know I am not comfortable with people driving my car.

Pleaseee... you checked your tires a few times don't tell me that crap. You want to talk about rushing, how about you change your tires at the event? I didn't even get a chance to check my pressure all day! I just ran with what I had, and you don't hear me complaining about it. Hell, you guys were all packed up at the end of the day and I was still working away. It's not like I have never helped out clean up either man, stop cutting me out to look like those guys that just leave right after their last run to go home to avoid helping out. I am usually there sticking around just as long as you guys.

And lastly, I don't think I have mentioned anything about the circumstances about the Board. So what's low about that? You're painting a picture for everyone to ask you what happened, you're digging your own hole buddy.
Then why would you say what you did? you have my email,MSN, cell, know where my house is ect. You decide to try and slander me on a public fourm and expect me to be what ever, ya what are friends for? Totally disrespectful and childish.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #57
damameke
6th Gear Member

OK.. this thread is an interesting read..

so my question is: for a novice; is there a lot of pressure from peers to run a fast lap on one of these tracks or can one just go and have fun and run his car safely?
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:23 PM   #58
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Call it what you want Richie. Just enough with the bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
OK.. this thread is an interesting read..

so my question is: for a novice; is there a lot of pressure from peers to run a fast lap on one of these tracks or can one just go and have fun and run his car safely?
Yes it is very safe, and no, there isn't any pressure because the instructor that you get for the entire event will work with you at your own pace. Timing laps, aggressive driving and/or bad attitudes aren't usually tolerated and result in people being sent home w/o refund.

I remember when I did my first school... now that I look back, I probably would have sent myself home LOL

Old 11-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #59
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Call it what you want Richie. Just enough with the bullshit.

Yes it is very safe, and no, there isn't any pressure because the instructor that you get for the entire event will work with you at your own pace. Timing laps, aggressive driving and/or bad attitudes aren't usually tolerated and result in people being sent home w/o refund.

I remember when I did my first school... now that I look back, I probably would have sent myself home LOL
it's nice to know,

reading about the 2 cars that hit the wall at turn 10 and all these bickering on which track is safe or not; plants a bad impression in my brain . for i am thinking about taking a lesson next summer...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:43 PM   #60
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

[quote=craz azn;1463573]Call it what you want Richie. Just enough with the bullshit.

I agree, just stop starting the bull

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: