Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Photography
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #31
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
Kinda ignorant statement Terry. You ran both Cayuga and Shannonville, and it's no different; same piece of pavement like any other track. Pretty much all the same risk involved at those 150+ speeds. Trust me, the adrenaline alone will keep you driving in the right direction when you get onto Mosport
Not ignorant at all. The blind corners + elevation followed by concrete walls is what scares me....not really a problem at Cayuga or Shannonville

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #32
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
Not ignorant at all. The blind corners + elevation followed by concrete walls is what scares me....not really a problem at Cayuga or Shannonville
Terry

you got a wicked ride thats more then capable to handle Mosports GP Track

When we were at Cayuga you came over and said"wicked driving out there" after following me around the track...all that was done to the E36 was a Mark D chip and springs, not to mention, my shit Sunny tires with 400 tread wear, and you saw what I learned at one track school with Trillium, That lapping day was my second time ever on a track.

What I am saying is, next spring invest in yourself and do the advanced driving school with Trillium on the GP track. You will be brought up to speed and learn the track at a safe controlled pace, and end up a better driver overall.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #33
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Terry

you got a wicked ride thats more then capable to handle Mosports GP Track

When we were at Cayuga you came over and said"wicked driving out there" after following me around the track...all that was done to the E36 was a Mark D chip and springs, not to mention, my shit Sunny tires with 400 tread wear, and you saw what I learned at one track school with Trillium, That lapping day was my second time ever on a track.

What I am saying is, next spring invest in yourself and do the advanced driving school with Trillium on the GP track. You will be brought up to speed and learn the track at a safe controlled pace, and end up a better driver overall.
Seems that I may have been misunderstood. I am not in ANY way bashing Mostport, merely stating that I am petrified of smashing my car ass first into a wall. A large investment to go to waste.

Can my car handle it? Probably. I am not able to handle it as I am a wuss. I don't consider myself an experienced track driver, and from what I've read and seen the multiple times I've been at Mosport to watch, it is too much for me to handle.

I hope to get a 1500 beater that I could just have fun with on the track without caring one day... I will deifinitely do Mosport then. No doubt.

I do want to do some driving schools in the near future, but usually they just don't work out with my schedule.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Toys
Old 11-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #34
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
Yet you'll do 160+km down city streets during the midnight cruise???

****that shit! At least on a track you're only jeopardizing yourself and your passenger if you have one, on the street it's anybody.

Not to mention both accidents were driver error, and a big brain fart. If you're concerned about your ride, you drive accordingly, if you're looking to set new lap records you run the risk. On another note, you ran your car at cayuga, yet that track can be MORE dangerous than Mosport.

So?
Btw, the streets were empty at 1:30am, so don't give me this hokey pokey of endangering lives. You weren't a speed/law abiding citizen either..no one is.

I see that you are incapable of having a CIVILIZED conversation without resorting to some sort of bashing.

Why do you have your panties in a bunch over that fact that I am not ready for the risks of running Mosport?
You confuse me.

Toys

Last edited by bmwm5lover; 11-08-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #35
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
Quote:
So?
Btw, the streets were empty at 1:30am, so don't give me this hokey pokey of endangering lives. You weren't a speed/law abiding citizen either..no one is.

I see that you are incapable of having a CIVILIZED conversation without resorting to some sort of bashing.

Why do you have your panties in a bunch over that fact that I am not ready for the risks of running Mosport?
You confuse me.
I can totally understand you're not "ready". I was the same way actually. I still went to Cayuga and the other small tracks all the time thinking they were safer.

Now that I've been to Mosport a lot, I realize it's honestly just as safe/dangerous as any other track. It all comes down to how hard you're pushing. No matter what track, it'll bite you.

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #36
drivetolive
3rd Gear Member

You guys are kidding if you think Mosport is 'just as safe' as Cayuga lol. Now, I haven't been to Mosport, but from seeing the videos, bmwm5lover is spot on when he mentions there are way more walls to hit. Not to mention, the speeds carried throughout the corners (as John mentioned) are much more higher than Cayuga. Cayuga also has a ton of run off space, with only one turn where you could lose it and hit the wall. Don't get me wrong, Mosport seems like a wicked track and I will run it one day, but to say it is 'just as safe' as Cayuga is ludacris.

Cayuga, you lose control and you hit the grass (yes there is a possibilty of rolling over, but the elevations and speeds at Mosport make that possibility much higher). At Mosport, you lose control you are literally saying good bye to your car.

I do plan on doing the Trillium school next year (hopefully).
Old 11-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #37
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
I hope to get a 1500 beater that I could just have fun with on the track without caring one day... I will deifinitely do Mosport then. No doubt.
Haha, dude, 1500 bucks won't get you a car that will get you through tech for any driving school.... just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivetolive View Post
Cayuga, you lose control and you hit the grass (yes there is a possibilty of rolling over, but the elevations and speeds at Mosport make that possibility much higher). At Mosport, you lose control you are literally saying good bye to your car.
I can't remember the last time I saw a car roll at Mosport... Usually it involves a tire wall to help roll over since the grass is fairly smooth there. Cayuga looks bumpy as hell, same with Shannonville. Heck, there was even a car that rolled at Shannonville last week without hitting anything!

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Last edited by craz azn; 11-08-2010 at 06:14 PM.
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #38
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
For a newbie, this is a recipe for disaster.
Hence the reason it was an invite only track day with participants who the private track renter felt safe inviting (Probably because he knew them and felt confident they had common sense).

That said I will echo the fear of Mosport and I also want to point out that the reason I felt confident enough to participate in the track day at Cayuga was because it was a much simpler track with no elevation changes. Yes it does have one wall in the last turn, but I was not driving full tilt on that corner because of it.

I will definitely be participating in a school next year. (If my schedule permits, and my wife allows me ).

I, like many others can't dedicate as much time to my hobby like you and other do, which is why I respect you for it.

I do however find it sometimes dis-respectful that some comments of your peers (Richie, sometimes you, etc) or others that make what I feel are condescending comments even though they aren't directed to me, but towards ppl who they think haven't attended a track day or think they lack the skills to do so.

I can say that I have participated in an almost full autox season (I think i missed one or two because of work) and 2 track days before Richie, You and others were involved in the bmw scene (Trillum/Max).

I definitely don't have as much experience as I would like. But just as a future supporter of the BMW CCA trillium school, I think i speak for everyone those condensing questions were directed towards when I say that if you or others supporting trillium continue this, I may just join another school's track day.

Even if you don't think you or anyone close to you are being condescending, I am being honest and telling you this is the way I felt.

I hope to conquer Mosport GP next year.

Last edited by T.Dot_E30; 11-08-2010 at 06:48 PM.
T.Dot_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #39
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

WOW Trevor, did we catch you at a bad time of the month here? You were pretty rude towards Richie in the other thread and now this? What really is going on here? Trying to stir shit to have more fun in the forums or just bad month for you?

I personally have nothing against you, and such. My comments were never meant to sound condenscending ever! That's a fact. If they came off that way I am Sorry.

I do have a problem with people making unfounded claims because of things they heard from someone else or what not. If someone has never driven Mosport at speed how can they make a comment like it's not safe? Or, that one track is safer than another. That's like saying the hwy 403 is safer than the hwy 404. It's comments like that that get me irritated.

For the record, I've been in the BMW scene for a lot longer than you think, and the track scene since before you were able to drive. (yes I'm that old) Just because I haven't been active in the forums, does not mean I've not been around. Ask anyone whose been going to the track since the mid '90's I've had a prescence there. I did take a hiatus from being super involved from '03 to '08 as I had twin daughters, and my schedule did not allow for as much track time so I mostly attended private lapping days or schools. As my kids got older and didn't need as much time, I came back in full force early '09. I've owned BMW's since 2001 and have owned 4 to date, with more in the future no doubt.

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:57 PM   #40
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
LOL John are you serious? Trevor didn't say anything I saw that was rude... If anything Richie needs to dial it back a bit. The know-it-all attitude isn't doing him any favours lately.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #41
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Rudy, get serious, just saying stfu, is rude enough for me! Whether you're intending it as a friendly rivalry or not, that is just plaing rude.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #42
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
Is it just me or has max been 100% maxDrama for the past few days

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #43
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Not to mention, I don't always agree with Richie either, but he IS entitled to his opinion, as everyone else is entitled to their opinion, others in the thread are being just as opinionated and you are not harassing them about it?

Old 11-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #44
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
Is it just me or has max been 100% maxDrama for the past few days
+ 1, I agree, wish it would stop, 'cause someone may end up getting butt hurt over this. No homo.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:26 PM   #45
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Glad my honest feedback was taken with such criticism. You obviously are either ignorant or do not comprehend the English language very well.

Makes me feel much better about spending $400+ with you guys knowing what him and you really think.

My STFU comment to richie was voicing my frustration that he either isn't reading everything i wrote or choose to continue only part of the argument. I can't help him comprehend better than I already tried. I even offered to explain it in person because i know im right and he just isn't reading everything or is not understanding me. The internet does this to people, it also makes ppl believe someone is being 'rude' and true then fine i am guilty of being rude to Richie I will apologize in person. But i will also clearly state that he is either ignorant or literate, unless he has valid arguments.

Are you both high-school drop outs or something? (I'm being serious, because you read/type like some).

Last edited by T.Dot_E30; 11-08-2010 at 08:28 PM.
T.Dot_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: