will have one soon.
I am meeting with a bodyshop expert this week and ordering M54 and some special stuff for it!
Below is the plan:
- M54 engine, comes from the Z3 M roadster along the 5 speed gearbox and the diff with the big cooling wings.
I chose the 5 gearbox from the Z3 because of the balance of the car,
the gearbox is 20kg lighter than the 6 gearbox.
Also I would have to cut the shaft for 6 gear to fit. The Shift on it is not the shortest but very good to handle.
With a good software update for the dme this should be a reasonably fast but absolutly reliable car which is light enough to be good to handle on the track.
I will buy the complete car from Germany so as to ensure full service history and be able to check the engine on the car. Then sell the rest.
- Sachs Performance Clutch
- Bastuck Exhaust with custom stainless headers by Tauber Motorsport.
- Front strut reinforcement similar to the ones on convertibles from Wiechers.
-M3 CSL discs and porsche callipers or the 135i performance callipers depending on wheels.
- Suspension wise i am looking at KW V2 innox, which ist adjustable and you can drive daily.
- For Wheels it will defo be 17" and staggered and possibly BBS RS or BBS LeMans or the 3 piece Snitcher depending on the best price i get.
I dont want a full roll cage but maybe a roll bar.
Exterior wise the changes apart of the wheels is limited to a front and rear Evo Sport spoilers and maybe mirrors (havent decided what mirrors).
Ideally i want my car to look as close to this as possible:
Interior wise i need to redo the leather on the center console and doors but most likely will be changing seats and get rid of the rear seat.
I have my eyes on these:
I have made a strut brace for the rear at my work and will post a pic soon as i have taken one.
There are more stuff that i may do but these are the main ones.
At the moment though i need to address the rust as there is quite a bit on it
mainly in the engine bay.The worst one being under the fuse box See pic below!
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
There is also some rust under the driver seat and the battery but nothing much.
I will also most likely keep all the original parts (engine etc) and not sell them.
Hoping to start all these after Xmass as i am going on a long holiday prior to that to Brasil and simply have no time at the moment!
Once it starts rolling i will start a thread!!!!!