Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > BMW Club of Canada
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-31-2010, 01:44 PM   #796
talltorontoguy
Go Topless

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
The level of compition is gonna jump huge
Should be a great season then...

Join BMW Club of Canada! Click HERE

Best Engine, Bimmercruise '10 / 2nd - e30 Wild, Bimmercruise '10 / 1st - Best Cabrio, Trillium @ Tedfest '11 / 1st - e30 Wild, Bimmercruise '11 / 1st - e30 Wild, Bimmercruise '12 www.vertnation.com
talltorontoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:38 PM   #797
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Well I'm sure the people that this year are running decent times with shit all season will be upgrading to better tires and brake pad and disk quality will be up.

Add that we have such a huge venue it will attract alot of people who used to feel the sciex lot was small and shitty.

Larger courses will also level out advantage some smaller cars have too.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:19 PM   #798
MarkD
Banned

Maybe I'll come out with the 2002, I just put big brake rotors on all four corners and an LSD also.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:37 PM   #799
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

I'm running my R-comps Saturday too and expect to drift the entire course... so John, make the gates far enough apart so I can squeeze through sideways! Here's a short vid at the DDT practicing yesterday with the open-diff IS350 (thanks for filming Rudy - used my HTC Nexus One 720p 30fps)...

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:57 PM   #800
Dissembler
4th Gear Member

maybe i should consider putting the snows on lol.

Was at the DDT today, and there was very little warmth to found. After a full 30 min session, and only a half cool down lap, my star specs were barely warm to the touch. Granted, I wasn't pushing very hard, but still. I had my RA1s there and didn't bother to put them on, didn't think they'd ever warm up.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:05 PM   #801
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

It's time for me to chime in here! I've been crazy busy working, I've been missing some of this bickering you kids are having.....has made for an interesting read so far.

In regards to tire warming: it is stated in the rule book "that there is to be no tire warming what so ever." That said, the rules will NOT be changed with one/two events to go let alone mid season. Changing the rules that will give one competitor a bigger advantage over another cannot be considered. All participants are allowed to put whatever type of rubber they so choose on their car. PAX will take care of classifying etc.

I've read a couple of interesting comments in some earlier posts that are not quite correct. Firstly, R compounds ARE very sensitive to heat. So, as they warm up, they get grippier, but cold are like hockey pucks.
Secondly, All seasons are not affected by cold temps above 7 degrees celsius, but below are. However, they are NOT affected as much as R's are.
Thirdly, A comps heat up incredibly quickly, by the 3rd or 4th manoeuver, heat is already applying more grip into the rubber hence providing more grip, which is why they are the choice of autocrossers.
Fourth, I do not believe it to be a safety hazard, since like anything else, you drive to the amount of grip you have at the moment, not to the amount of grip you could have if it was warmer. Meaning, if your tires aren't working for you because of the cold, slow down.

A couple of tricks that require work on your behalf but DOES WORK surprisingly well, after your run put blankets or anything that could insulate your tires from getting cold. Not tire warmers as those are also illegal, but nothing in the rule book says anything about keeping the tires warm once they've been warmed by running!

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:25 PM   #802
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
The level of compition is gonna jump huge
Dude, enough with the fairy tail talk. You make it sound like its the world championship or something.

And yeah, I still think its a safety issue. But if John won't change it, it is what it is. I just hope the calender is changed for next year so we don't have such a late date like this. Then we won't be having this discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
Maybe I'll come out with the 2002, I just put big brake rotors on all four corners and an LSD also.
LOL!

BTW, John check your email and shoot me a reply please.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Last edited by craz azn; 10-31-2010 at 07:28 PM.
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:28 PM   #803
Dissembler
4th Gear Member

So it doesn't count as warming up if they never cold huh? Can I make timmies run after each auto-x run and it just so happens I get back in time to go out again?

jks
Old 10-31-2010, 07:58 PM   #804
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissembler View Post
So it doesn't count as warming up if they never cold huh? Can I make timmies run after each auto-x run and it just so happens I get back in time to go out again?

jks

I know you're joking, but in case someone thinks this is acceptable, it's not and is considering breaking the rules and their runs won't count = dnf.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:02 PM   #805
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
Dude, enough with the fairy tail talk. You make it sound like its the world championship or something.
No comment.

And yeah, I still think its a safety issue. But if John won't change it, it is what it is. I just hope the calender is changed for next year so we don't have such a late date like this. Then we won't be having this discussion.

It's not that I won't change the rules, it's that you CANNOT change the rules mid season to make it more advantageous for one competitor over another. Plain and simple. I'm really not sure why you're campaigning so hard for something that cannot be changed. It is NOT a safety issue. How could it be? If you have less grip you drive slower, if you have more grip you drive faster, either way you're at the limit. If you try driving just as fast with r's as you would if it was a warm hot sunny day with a warm tarmac then you have issues beyond explanation and you probably shouldn't be driving on R compounds then.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:33 PM   #806
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Autocross details for november 6th 2010

DATE, TIME AND LOCATION CHANGE

When: Saturday November 6th 2010 at 9 am
Lunch is included, basic bbq. Washrooms in the Powerade Centre are available for use.

Costs: for those participants who were at the last Autocross that was cut short the first event is n/c. The second event is $30 for members and $40 for non-members.
If you were not at the prior event but would like to participate in our double header, members are $30 for first and $20 for second event for a total of $50. For non-members $40 for first event and $30 for second for a total of $70.

Helmets are not mandatory, but recommended.

A reminder, if an accident occurs, you are not only responsible for the damages to your car, you are also responsible for the damages to the property. This is a perfomance event and although we take every precaution to ensure everyones safety, accidents can happen.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #807
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Quote:
I'm not looking for pats on the back, I would have no problem with people starting a thread about finding more autocross and track events, but to discuss them in here is not cool, not to mention it was started by someone who has made 1 event this year, and now he's talking about run multiple series?
It's totally irrelivant as to how many auto x's I attended this year. Even if I wasn't running, I still came out to take photos (Which you guys used in a news letter without my permission might I add, but I really don't care about stuff like that.) and generally help out.

I'm clearly not the only one who wants to attend more than one event per month. And the reason for that is, like what Rob said, because of the Trillium club, it got me hooked on the small amounts I've done. The Trillium club doesn't have the capacity to do multiple events, it's a shame but you guys are making it like I've commited the ultimate sin even though I'm appreciative of it and have clearly stated it, but it's apparently gone unnoticed or just been blatently ignored. I don't want to spend $300+ on a track day, no matter what the cost efficiency is of it in relation to track time. It's too far to travel, it's hard on my daily driver and not something I'm overly interested in doing once a month.

Quote:
Yes it's a public fourm and all, and people are free to do as they wish, I'm just happy that know that John has secured the poweraide center lot for all of next season, and being the only club I know of to run 8 events in southern Ontario at a prime location it will be the series to compete in....
http://www.wiredmotorsports.com/pitl/seriesinfo.html - 8 events
http://www.twinlakesmc.org/html/2010..._schedule.html - 9 events

I want to goto a parking lot, pay a small amount, compete and go home. And do it twice a month. Sorry if you got all butt hurt, but I'm not breaking up with you guys or anything.

I'm going to say it again I appreciate all that the BMW Trillium club does, which is why I come out even if I'm not driving, just to help. So thank you, you do an amazing job. Everyone has options in where they can go for auto x but we all stay here because of the people. I know thats why I do. Good?
02 325i Sedan

Last edited by SamE30e; 11-01-2010 at 12:00 PM.
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:19 PM   #808
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
Costs: for those participants who were at the last Autocross that was cut short the first event is n/c. The second event is $30 for members and $40 for non-members.
If you were not at the prior event but would like to participate in our double header, members are $30 for first and $20 for second event for a total of $50. For non-members $40 for first event and $30 for second for a total of $70.
We normally paid $15 to enter an autocross event, are the prices going up to $30 now on a permanent basis? I read the posted prices twice in case I read it wrong, but it appears like it's $30 per event.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #809
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamE30e View Post
I'm going to say it again I appreciate all that the BMW Trillium club does, which is why I come out even if I'm not driving, just to help. So thank you, you do an amazing job. Everyone has options in where they can go for auto x but we all stay here because of the people. I know thats why I do. Good?
Are you sure? Say it like you mean it LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
We normally paid $15 to enter an autocross event, are the prices going up to $30 now on a permanent basis? I read the posted prices twice in case I read it wrong, but it appears like it's $30 per event.
Yeah 15 is what it used to be way back when... 20 was so we could have lunch. Its now 30 because I believe they have to pay for the lot. In any case, there isn't any other cheaper AutoXs, I bet all the Casc Solosprint ones are more, and I know for fact the Porsche club AutoXs are 30 bucks as well.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #810
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Man you ladies take this shit way to personally.

I can't imagine how anal you would be if this was some national autox championship with a big prize. You girlies getting your panties in a bunch over what? A trillium trophy? Go buy one, it will make you feel better and be cheaper!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: