Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-24-2010, 04:55 PM   #16
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

Well In Ukraine its all or nothing. You have connection you can make Big bucks. Or you get avarage 200-300$ a month.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #17
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

bump. people should watch all of this

United We Fall part 11 of 12

part1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH4k_...eature=related

Support the film makers by owning it on DVD http://www.pressfortruth.ca/dvd_dtls....

A film by Bryan Law and Dan Dicks "United We Fall" is a documentary about the North American Union that is being developed right now between Canada, the United States, and Mexico. For years this topic has been debated in the news and in political circles as being a possible future for North America. In recent years, the mood has shifted and a rift is developing between those who want a Deeply Integrated North American Community, and those who wish to retain their national sovereignty. This film takes a look at both sides by interviewing both insiders and activists who have been at the heart of this heated debate. The film also looks to the broader agenda of building a world government and its implications. Featured Interviews: Robert Pastor (Council on Foreign Relations), Allan Gotlieb (Trilateral Commission, Bilderberg) Herbert Grubel (Creator of the "Amero") Luke Rudkowski (We Are Change) Dan Dicks (Press For Truth) Vijay Sarma (Political Activist, Independent Journalist) Dr. Andrew Moulden (Canadian Action Party) Richard Syrett (Talk Radio Host)
Old 10-26-2010, 10:35 PM   #18
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isdan View Post
What is keeping you here?
its hard to just up and leave a place youve been most of your life.
i have deep roots to the area.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:31 AM   #19
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 3.2TL View Post
You are KIDDING right? I am a 15 year veteran of that god forsaken place. I would NEVER go back to Montreal. Ontario may have it's issues, but Montreal is worse. Rude people, shit streets, a government that can't get over internal fighting about separation, even after so many years.

We left in '90 - I was the HAPPIEST of my whole family. The day the peppers renamed my main street from St. Johns to St. Jean I wanted outta there.

No thank you...
As much as I would like to agree, the comments about the separation are overblown. There is always the "old fox" Usa to clean up the mess in their backyard. They don't like fireworks in their playground, they love it far away.

My 0.02c
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #20
sirex
King Sirex

let it burn.

make as much money as possible and **** everyone else.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:05 AM   #21
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post

Granted, I don't see Ontario, or even Montreal drastically improving over the next decade either. but, at least when 500,000 people left Montreal in 1970s the housing and infrastructure was already there, whereas Toronto got the shaft. That's really the main reason things are the way they are.

IMHO Toronto needs a huge amount of cash to get to that point in terms of infrastructure development where they should be now. Considering how long they have been living off their present infrastructure, I don't think they have a chance. Just look how broke they are. They got no cash to work on that bridge on the QEW around Jamestown that fell apart in the summer. That is a good indication on the cash flow. lol

I predict a crazy mess in here from ten years from now. They wanna bring whole South-east Asia in this overstreched city, but don't wanna build? Come on! Just look at some cities that were ruled under the "Iron curtain", like Budapest, Bucharest... They got metro/trams developments going.

As AMG said; if you have some time from working 24/7 to take a look... lol

Last edited by lvan; 10-29-2010 at 03:38 AM.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:24 AM   #22
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

What a tool!
Old 10-29-2010, 10:11 AM   #23
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post

IMHO Toronto needs a huge amount of cash to get to that point in terms of infrastructure development where they should be now. Considering how long they have been living off their present infrastructure, I don't think they have a chance. Just look how broke they are. They got no cash to work on that bridge on the QEW around Jamestown that fell apart in the summer. That is a good indication on the cash flow. lol

I predict a crazy mess in here from ten years from now. They wanna bring whole South-east Asia in this overstreched city, but don't wanna build? Come on! Just look at some cities that were ruled under the "Iron curtain", like Budapest, Bucharest... They got metro/trams developments going.

As AMG said; if you have some time from working 24/7 to take a look... lol
The main reason is because these countries joined the European Union and got an influx of cash flow. Even Ukraine, who are not part of the EU are planning on building a new subway line. I am not sure how far they are now but last time I checked they started construction.

Don't think the traffic situation in Montreal is perfect either though, Ivan. Read up on the Turcot interchange, and the state of roads here. Montreal didn't have a history of flowers and teddy bears. I was talking to a coworker at my company. 20 years ago, when America and rest of Canada was bathing in the tech boom, Montreal's government contracts dried up and unemployment was sky high. Right now however, according to some people, things have turned around 180 degrees and this city was practically unaffected by the recession.

The laws are much more geared towards consumer protection here. For example,

Law 60 was passed last year where a cell phone provider is not allowed to charge you more than $50 or 10% of your contract to cancel it. (Whichever is lesser). This is great news to me because I know I can cancel my phone contract I just got 4 months ago and be laughing whereas everywhere else in Canada I would be robbed for all I am worth. I guess this is why "the man" aka the rich elite bash Quebec to no end.

Also the landlord here cannot evict you from your apartment for any reason. My parents friend bought a 3 unit duplex and said they regret it because the laws are stacked against them. I was also talking to another guy who was planning on doing it and he told me the same thing, the landlord has to do everything through the rental board, and if the person skips rent 4 times, the landlord STILL cant kick them out, they must appeal to the rental board, rental board takes up to 6 months to get shit in check and if they want to they can just take their sweet ass time and give you a date to appear, which will probably be another 6 month in the future.

There's way more to this, but the bottom line is, after moving here I have more money in my pocket after all is said and done, and after receiving the same salary as in Toronto. In the end, that's what is important to me..

If you have any more questions about Montreal feel free to ask away..

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform

Last edited by BMW_7; 10-29-2010 at 10:13 AM.
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:26 PM   #24
sirex
King Sirex

who the hell voted for this clown face?? all these stupid Yuppies that live in Toronto I bet. ****

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: