Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #16
bmwconnect
BMW Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer p.i. View Post
I have to say that I have been taking my new (to me) 328 to Derek at Autovation, and they've been really good to me. Very fair prices, great quality of work, get me in and out quick and have given some good advice. I am happy that someone here recommended them, because I will certainly do the same.
Derek (owner)
Mike ( head mechanic )

Both great people to deal with and they don't pull your leg or turn you upside down at the end of the job
bmwconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #17
MaxBell
Clint Eastwood

Where is there a garage with a hoist and tools that I can just work on my own stuff. My front yard is only so good for more advanced operations.
MaxBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:07 AM   #18
bmwconnect
BMW Tuner

Never heard of a place like that in Ottawa
Old 10-29-2010, 11:44 AM   #19
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxBell View Post
Where is there a garage with a hoist and tools that I can just work on my own stuff. My front yard is only so good for more advanced operations.
Most garages would never allow this since you'd be uninsured. You can't even step foot in the garage area normally. So you'd have to be really good friends with the shop owner, or find a shop with no scruples / insurance who doesn't care.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #20
Philboski
3rd Gear Member

There WAS a place like that off Hawthorne many moons ago, but I doubt it's out there now.....
Philboski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:10 PM   #21
MaxBell
Clint Eastwood

I just need to go build myself a one car garage to get myself out of the cold.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:32 PM   #22
Bimmer p.i.
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philboski View Post
There WAS a place like that off Hawthorne many moons ago, but I doubt it's out there now.....
I remember that place - when I had my Challenger I meant to go there to do some work, but never got around to it and just did it all in the garage, anyway.

Wonder if they're still around? IIRC you paid by the hour and booked a booth.
silver 2006 Dodge Charger SXT - performance chip, blue filter Cold Air Intake, 18" chrome 10-spoke rims, custom graphics, leather, custom vinyl interior dress-up, chrome trim package, chrome grill, custom "Punisher" hood badge
Bimmer p.i. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #23
Philboski
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, it was very reasonable too -- like $10/hr or soemthing like that.
Philboski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:42 AM   #24
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Stay far far away from Frisby on somerset @ preston for Alignment, If you have anything over stock for a suspension!!

went there first thing in the morning 7:30am...came back with the car after 25mins i'm like wow, but quickly realized something was wrong..

'yeah yor cars got to much camber our laser alignment system doesn't work, etc' translation: we know how to push Factory presets on a system, not actually how to align cars' Then the guy actually asked me why i had it so low! i looked off to the side and said well theres actually alot of people that have them much lower with no issues at all..

so i stopped by a little old shop that i recalled on the way to my girls , Grant street Garage, parkdale near somerset 613. 728-3729.

guy came out looked at the car said the tow looked really off & said we can align it.

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 11-04-2010 at 09:44 AM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:31 PM   #25
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

I do toe alignment with a string, google it, its easy!
Old 11-04-2010, 06:52 PM   #26
bmwconnect
BMW Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
I do toe alignment with a string, google it, its easy!
yup I also did the DIY string method and fallowed this thread... worked real nice!!
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1093484
Old 11-04-2010, 07:28 PM   #27
carjoe
6th Gear Member

There's a a place with a hoist on Blackwell. It used to be just a detailing place but they seem to have branched out. Well, I saw an ad for it...

I think it's 2595 Blackwell. Green something.

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

carjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #28
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

So, I am cursed...I'm way past probability for the bad luck i seem to have with this car..

so garage called me at 5:15.. I missed it, they close at 5:30..i'm calling by 6:00, some1 answers, i'm like great they're there a bit late, buddies like No the phone transfers to elsewhere.. ok? ? sorry to bother..but having a hardon, like a kid on christmas morning, for a drive in a straight driving car I decided to get a ride over around 7 on the chance it was parked outside (spare key)..get there & yes its outside..
straight driving car, straight driving car, straight driving car ...get past 80kph and it starts again exactly the same by 100kph my cheeks were shaking! now im not knocking that garage - i didn't talk to anyone yet - they may have not have even aligned it..

just some luck i got eh? been after the steering shake (with different rims) for a few years now, literally..and im not knocking turboready either..striker Helped - changed some front end components that were worn, before motor rebuild (but has no align equipment)...

it occured to me that maybe one of my coils is perhaps a thread lower than the other - cause camber isn't adjustable - but one wheels seems to have a little bit more camber..idK anymore at this point

K gonna go set myself on fire now & go play in traffic, thanks for reading
Old 11-04-2010, 11:10 PM   #29
bmwconnect
BMW Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post

just some luck i got eh? been after the steering shake (with different rims) for a few years now, literally..and im not knocking turboready either..striker Helped - changed some front end components that were worn, before motor rebuild (but has no align equipment)...
[/b]

Sorry dude I don't feel all that bad for you in this case...

Why they even let you drive away as a customer from that shop without doing a proper alignment after front end/suspension upgrades is complete negligence and down right dangerous on there part Not having the alignment equipment is no excuse

and this is the end result /\

Last edited by bmwconnect; 11-04-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:40 AM   #30
MaxBell
Clint Eastwood

Yes, I'd say you fall into my signature motto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411 View Post
just letting this furom [*forum] know

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: