Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
90E30i
3rd Gear Member

Give me a price

Hi fellas.

I'm considering selling my E34 but I'm not sure about how much to ask for it. Although I have spent a lot of money on the car, I know I might have to settle for less then what I have into it.
I have owned the car for about a year and absolutely love it and the only reason I'm selling it is to start a new project, something I have been thinking of for a LONG time.

Here are a few details on the car.

1995 525i
5 speed
Sliver on black leather ( used to be dove )
380K on the odometer

Parts I have replaced since I got the car.

All brakes
E-brake shoes
Catalatic converter
O2 sensor.
Lower control arms
M5 thrust arm bushings
Rear pitman arms
Wheel bearings
3 door lock actuators
2 window regulators
All mouldings

Parts that have been upgraded or swapped.

Steering box has been swapped for a rack and pinion
Ground control kit with shortned front strut housing and front and rear camber adjustment.
Dove interior has been swapped for for M5 black, minus front seats.
Custom made front strut bar
Smoked Hellas with 4300K HIDs
Smoked tails and corners
Refinished fogs with new lenses with 8000K HIDs
Shadowlined
Rolled fenders

Parts that are gonna be replaced or are in the process of being replaced.

Rebuilt M52 with S52 cams waiting to go in, as soon as I get some free time.
New clutch
Short throw shifter
New windshield
Front lip

Parts that are included with the car.

A set of 3 piece staggered RH wheels, rare and gorgeous. 18x9 front with 245/40/18 and 18x10.5 rear with 265/35/18. Tires and wheels were put on brand new and have about 5k on them. Toyo Proxy TR1s.

A set of 17x8 forged M system wheels with 235/45/17 Yokohamas. Tires have about 80% thread and come with H&R 15mm spacers and bolts

A set of 15 inch snow tires on steelies. Tires have one season on them. Hub caps are included.

Stock suspension. Front and rear.

The car is in mint condition with no rust. It feels and drives like new and I really hate to be getting rid of it but I have been planning to build a Datsun Z for a while and I have a chance to get one. I'm hoping to get around $9000 for it but I'm willing to negotiate. I'm not gonna sell parts off the car. Everything goes, so please don't bother asking.
90E30i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

If this was your for sale thread, I wouldn't post in it, but since you are asking...
9K may seem reasonable for all the work/parts that have gone in, but you can pick up a e34 M5 in pretty decent condition for nearly that much, and only a few K more if you wanted a low miler M5 to boot.

I've not seen a non M e34 sell for anything more than 5-6K IN YEARS. Look at gamites e34 for example, and that is a nice car. If I was in the market for a really nice e34 (like yours sounds) I would probably br looking to spend around 4-5500.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:09 AM   #3
90E30i
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
If this was your for sale thread, I wouldn't post in it, but since you are asking...
9K may seem reasonable for all the work/parts that have gone in, but you can pick up a e34 M5 in pretty decent condition for nearly that much, and only a few K more if you wanted a low miler M5 to boot.

I've not seen a non M e34 sell for anything more than 5-6K IN YEARS. Look at gamites e34 for example, and that is a nice car. If I was in the market for a really nice e34 (like yours sounds) I would probably br looking to spend around 4-5500.
Yeah, that is what I seem to be hearing. I know the M5 and 540 prices aren't in my favour.

I think if I can get 5 for the car minus the wheels, I'd be happy with that.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Market for our cars is a tough one. Some people luck out and find the right person, others sit on their cars for months before they have to settle for a lowball offer.
I lucked out with my e34 M5, sold it for 8500$cnd with just under 400Kms on it, but I had receipts outta my ass and the wheels on it were sexual.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #5
Gamite

had my E34 listed for $6500, with no bites. It sucks, i know, realistically you're looking at around $5000.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:52 PM   #6
JINT
5th Gear Member

Thats a rare car to begin with a 95' 525i in 5spd. Plus you got it to be low which is VERY hard to do on an e34, plus all the parts, i would agree with you that considering all, 9 sounds right, but not many enthusiasts out there. Sucks that our cars can't hold the high value that they're actually worth. Unless.......all of the e34 owners just bring up that price )))))
Old 10-06-2010, 11:31 PM   #7
JINT
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite View Post
had my E34 listed for $6500, with no bites. It sucks, i know, realistically you're looking at around $5000.
is yours the burgundy red one? if so, looks amazing !!! but impossible to sell in automatic
Old 10-07-2010, 07:59 AM   #8
90E30i
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite View Post
$5000 is about what I spent on the wheels and suspension. I guess I'm gonna be holding on to it for now.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:45 AM   #9
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali

Send a message via MSN to ACS_DAN
Might net you a little bit more money to part out most of the after market stuff and sell the car in stock condition. Which should be worth in the higher price range of the 525i's because it's in great shape.

95 530i|Modifications - Work.
ACS_DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #10
90E30i
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACS_DAN View Post
Might net you a little bit more money to part out most of the after market stuff and sell the car in stock condition. Which should be worth in the higher price range of the 525i's because it's in great shape.
I don't like to do that because it took not only money but also a lot of time to bring the car to the condition it's in now. Although I built the car to my taste, I'm sure there're others who think it looks nice so I'd rather wait and find the right buyer then to part is out. But I know what you mean, sometimes you can get more money parting the car then selling it as a whole.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #11
BigD
the misanthropist

I used to have a silver 535 and the way your car looked with the mpars was what i wanted to do with it. Other than the painted skirts and widegrill, it was there. So I definitely agree that you did it right.

But I know you've tried selling other car(s) that you put a lot of work into, so I'm sure you know that you never see more that a small fraction of that investment in return... So unless you're prepared to accept that with this car, you should keep it.

Last edited by BigD; 10-07-2010 at 10:54 AM.
BigD is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: