Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #46
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30_kid89 View Post
change your "Ignition input capture" Under tach input/ignition options
sonofabitch falling edge is correct

Thanks

...first start video coming friday afternoon?
hopefully
Old 09-28-2010, 02:50 PM   #47
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
sonofabitch falling edge is correct

Thanks

...first start video coming friday afternoon?
hopefully
Heh. NP. Just trying to help people out and breathe some damn life into the section.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #48
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

ill have this section alive soon
Old 10-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #49
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quick video of what happened yesterday afternoon.

The car idled fine while it was cold, but when it got up to temp I needed to press the gas to keep it running. My O2 sensor wasn't reading so I may have wired it incorrectly. I'll look into that next weekend.

Also is anyone running an ICV? Right now I just have it set to PWM Warmup, but I need to change it to one of the ICV options and configure it. Just not sure what values to put for the stepper motor.

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 10-02-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:20 PM   #50
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Quick video of what happened yesterday afternoon.

The car idled fine while it was cold, but when it got up to temp I needed to press the gas to keep it running. My O2 sensor wasn't reading so I may have wired it incorrectly. I'll look into that next weekend.

Also is anyone running an ICV? Right now I just have it set to PWM Warmup, but I need to change it to one of the ICV options and configure it. Just not sure what values to put for the stepper motor.

NICE!! You've got the car running so that's one major step completed.

As for the idle i'd run pwm warmup until you fully understand the workings of the closed-loop idle control. Only closed loop and pwm warmup work with the stock icv.

the wb02 is only one wire + grnd, hook it up to know what's going on!!

the next update better has more vids of sildewayzz action
Old 10-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #51
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

NICE!

Stepper motor? Are you using the factory ICV and a GG board to control it? If so, you don't use the stepper stuff.

I use the factory ICV and GG board, and use closed loop mode on it. Its a bit of a chore to get it working right, but I've found some tricks.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #52
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
the wb02 is only one wire + grnd, hook it up to know what's going on!!

Yeah, I had spliced the wires into the stock harness, but I might have gotten the two wires backwards. I was thinking of maybe using the DB15 connector and running them straight into the box rather than going thru the harness. I also thought that I had an AEM wb02 because I hadn't looked at the box in a year..but I have an autometer sport comp. In the afr calibration there's only one option that says Autometer 0v=afr10 4v=afr16. It's either that or I pick the linear option and put in the specs that are on the data sheet for the gauge.

Quote:
As for the idle i'd run pwm warmup until you fully understand the workings of the closed-loop idle control. Only closed loop and pwm warmup work with the stock icv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
NICE!

Stepper motor? Are you using the factory ICV and a GG board to control it? If so, you don't use the stepper stuff.

I use the factory ICV and GG board, and use closed loop mode on it. Its a bit of a chore to get it working right, but I've found some tricks.
I'm using the stock ICV and the DIYPNP board has a built in IAC circuit. I said stepper motor because I figured that a 3 wire connector would be for a stepper unit, but I guess our ICVs are a 3 wire PWM solenoid.

Quote:
You got any vidz of your car doing teh sidewayzz boost dorifto? I need some instructional videos
Old 10-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #53
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

If you want, I can give you my tune so you can look at how I have the idle settings. Let me know.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #54
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

So I finally got around to fixing the wiring or my O2 sensor. I just decided to use the spare DB15 connector and wire the O2 directly to the MS rather than going through the harness. To my relief it appears that the afr gauge in Tunerstudio is reading the same as the actual wideband gauge.

I'm still having that issue where the car seems to idle ok when it's cold, but once it warms up it wants to die. It seems like it's not getting enough air, because it's running rich and dieing. I need to take a closer look at the idle settings.

Another weird thing happened, since the afr gauge seemed to be reading ok, even though the car wouldn't idle properly, I decided to see if the car would actually drive properly. It seemed to drive ok. Then keeping a close eye on the afr gauge I tried to climb into boost a little bit, as soon as the car got into boost it shut off. The car just completely turned off, I don't have overboost protection enabled yet so i know that's not the cause, and I definitely wasn't near the revlimiter. Has anyone heard of that happening before?

Anyways, when I get some time I'll play around with it a bit more. I still need to buy a license for Tunerstudio so I can take full advantage of it.

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 10-16-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:28 PM   #55
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

So I went out today to start the car because it had been sitting for a couple weeks. I played with the pwm settings and was able to get the car to idle when warm without me pressing the gas. I also decreased the req_fuel and scaled the VE table to get more resolution to make it easier to hit the afr targets.

I took the car for a quick spin to get a log of that problem I'm having when the car gets into boost. The problem is I'm getting a sync loss, and the sync loss reason says 2 which corresponds to missing tooth at wrong time. I'll post the log later, but it's happening all the time around 2800-3000 rpm. I currently have no noise filtering enabled though. I guess I could try turning that on and see if it solves the problem.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:32 PM   #56
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

enable noise filtering asap
Old 10-31-2010, 05:05 PM   #57
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
enable noise filtering asap
Just tried turning on noise filtering, still had the problem and at the same rpm.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:12 PM   #58
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Heres a log file showing the problem I'm having.

I have the tooth angle set at 88 degrees because that's what the DIYPNP site had, but I've seen some people with 87 degrees. What do you guys run?
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2010-10-31_16.48.51 noise filter on.zip (60.2 KB, 34 views)
Old 11-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #59
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Here's a composite log I took before I had the noise filtering on. Nothing really stood out at me in terms of noise.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=51ZZM5N3
Old 11-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #60
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

So I went out to get a sync loss log (see attached picture)
After speaking with Matt Cramer he suggested trying to increase the resistor value on the vr signal from 18k to 25k, and then if that doesn't work, to use the LM1815 circuit that's part of the V1.5 DIYPNP board (which I built the circuit but didn't wire anything up to it).

Anyways I went to change the resistor first because that was easy... I touched the jumper wire for the vr signal and it just popped out of the board! There was a botched solder So I promptly fixed it, confident that would solve my sync loss problem... no such luck, it's still acting exactly the same.

So I'm going to read up a bit more on that LM1815 circuit, since I built the circuit I minus well use it if it works well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sync loss.jpg (32.0 KB, 142 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: