Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-31-2010, 07:50 PM   #16
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

typically they sell for less (because of warranty concerns as you mentioned) but also buyers know the car was b ought for considerably less than a similar Canadian car cost.(in most cases)
Old 08-09-2010, 06:25 PM   #17
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir View Post
typically they sell for less (because of warranty concerns as you mentioned) but also buyers know the car was b ought for considerably less than a similar canadian car cost.(in most cases)
^ +1
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #18
Blocked_Out
Banned

The reason why a US car imported to Canada will have lower resale value the a local car is because its harder to trace back the history of it. I mean you can still run carfax or whatever but it wont tell you much (just number of owners and accidents). Also there are usually NO service records that could be passed on to the new owner(if the car was purchased at US auction).

All in all I bet 99% of people here in Canada would rather buy a local car then a US car(I know I would), unless they import it them self , then its a totally different story.
Blocked_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:31 PM   #19
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3s2k View Post
.. I've found an amazing deal on a Ferrari F355 that I would really like to jump on so both of my cars are for sale.
Is there such thing as 'a deal' on any Ferrari ?
I mean they are an ongoing money pit, maintenance wise, no ?
Especially older ones...

PS: Post some pics of it when you get it..

GL on the sale.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:08 PM   #20
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked_Out View Post
The reason why a US car imported to Canada will have lower resale value the a local car is because its harder to trace back the history of it. I mean you can still run carfax or whatever but it wont tell you much (just number of owners and accidents). Also there are usually NO service records that could be passed on to the new owner(if the car was purchased at US auction).

All in all I bet 99% of people here in Canada would rather buy a local car then a US car(I know I would), unless they import it them self , then its a totally different story.
Agree somewhat with the service history etc etc but the real reason is pricing.. as most know US pricing is cheaper, so when one sells a car and price it with the US value in mind. it will sell .. but all priced their car with a local car pricing,,and you know which car a buyer will buy.. isnt it?
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #21
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
Is there such thing as 'a deal' on any Ferrari ?
I mean they are an ongoing money pit, maintenance wise, no ?
Especially older ones...

PS: Post some pics of it when you get it..

GL on the sale.
From what I've heard online and a family friend, it's a matter of staying ahead of preventative maintenance. Costs for work can be absurdly high, even for the cheaper models but that's part of the game.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:25 AM   #22
M3s2k
1st Gear Newbie

bump... Price drop $32,900
M3s2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #23
NataliE46
1st Gear Newbie

Beautiful color combination!

Not sure why everyone's getting their panties in a bunch over the fact that it's a US-spec M3. Same thing through and through. My Z3 M Coupe was US-spec and absolutely nothing different (or wrong) with it. Cluster was in miles, big deal, I bet the E46's programming allows you to see it in km's.

I thought people were concerned with whether or not the car was an accident-rebuild, but any CarFax will show you that straight away.

People shouldn't shy away from US imported cars

Good luck in your sale!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #24
tominizer
6th Gear Member

If you're concerned about US spec'ed cars, then don't buy it. If not, then bid accordingly. There's tons of info available online on US pricing on these cars. But the above posters are correct. You can get US spec cars WAAAY cheaper then here in Canada, even after you pay all the crap to get it on the road here. Do your homework. And pay to have the car thoroughly checked out at your cost if you have any concerns. This is all old news.
tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: