Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Bimmercruise
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 09:00 PM   #91
Blocked_Out
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
Never said a CRX was the greatest autocross car.. is there such a thing ?
It's driver/car combo which wins.

FWIW, I dont speak out of my ass.. you know why ? Because I have owned an 89 E30 M3, with a 2.5L motor modified suspension to the tits, and have driven modded e30's 318is, 325is, as well as have driven shitty Mini Cooper S etc etc though I havent autocrossed a Mini.
I doubt may people here have owned good conditioned Crx's on this forum anyway...

I also do know what CRX's are capable of, when having slightly modified setups. Been driving them for 10 years now.
On an autocross, the CRX will win 9/10 times, just based on weight differences alone ! Heck, that's even without a B or K20 Series engine swap..

btw, ever wonder why Honda has come out with a CR-Z ?
I guess they woke up and discovered they had something very good 20+ years ago.... too bad it now ugly, and hybrid.
Enough with all the honda bull crap.

Go to a honda forum and troll over there, I doubt anyone wants to hear it on BMW board, simply stupid.
Blocked_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #92
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isStephen View Post
Me and him had a similar time this autox and he was sideways most of the time and I was trying to actually go fast
John is not that good. I had times similar to his the very first time I came out to an auto-x

All jokes aside Johns a beast. I love how he thrashes his car and then tows all the auto-x shit home in the trailer. E30 FTW

seriously though my times were close lol
Old 09-23-2010, 09:58 PM   #93
Steve30
Techno Viking

I live with a honda troll, my bro keeps talking about turbo this turbo that. He wants to run me with his GSR swapped hatchback... kid is so annoying lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked_Out View Post
Enough with all the honda bull crap.

Go to a honda forum and troll over there, I doubt anyone wants to hear it on BMW board, simply stupid.

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Steve30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:06 PM   #94
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Wow, thanks for all of the kudos guys, I appreciate it.

Robb, we're not talking about modified CRX's with k transplants and what not. A bone stock (engine wise) CRX with a 1.5 or 1.6 does not have enough power and definitely enough torque to pull it out of the tight turns to be competitive. I know they're light I've driven many (before you go and ask if I've ever driven one) I went to high school with a good friend who's rich parents bought him one brand new in '90 as a 16 b-day gift. A very good friend of mine now has a mint special edition with a zc transplant. I've driven that one too. My 325i pulls slightly from him in third gear and on. I've seen CRX's autocross as well, Twin Lakes, in Barrie had a regular there in the late '90's and he was a mid pack finisher. You can say he was a poor driver, although he wasn't, he was well seasoned, but if the car is supposed to be that good why wasn't he farther up the field? Anyways I'm not trying to get into a pissing match here, just stating a few facts.

Seriously, though why don't you come out to the autocrosses we hold. It's a hoot, and a great social event too. Who knows if you do beat the e30's you could smack talk all you want, if you don't you'll have to be ready to take the smack talk, but it should all be in good fun.

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:10 PM   #95
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve30 View Post
I live with a honda troll, my bro keeps talking about turbo this turbo that. He wants to run me with his GSR swapped hatchback... kid is so annoying lol.
That sucks, I couldn't imagine living with a bro who's a Honda lover......

Old 09-23-2010, 11:15 PM   #96
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

The fact is that an e30 325is was what, $40,000 + taxes Canadian brand new ?
A 1991 Crx Si was only $14,500 brand new..

lol
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:24 PM   #97
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
Quote:
The fact is that an e30 325is was what, $40,000 + taxes Canadian brand new ?
A 1991 Crx Si was only $14,500 brand new..

lol
The fact is an e30 is a BMW and a Civic is a Honda.

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:29 PM   #98
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

Send a message via MSN to AlpWhitE46
wow you guys should just stop , its robb... come on
AlpWhitE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:34 PM   #99
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Comparing the prices when new is a mute point. Try and buy a CRX now a days and an e30. CRX $7000 and up, unless it's a parts car, e30 $1500 and up unless it's a parts car. I bought mine for $1500. 'nuff said.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:32 AM   #100
blk3
4th Gear Member

lol just for you guys and your fighting
Attached Images
File Type: png jesushate.png (11.1 KB, 249 views)
Old 09-24-2010, 02:55 AM   #101
MarkD
Banned

plus if honda's were any good, I would have made chips for them!
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:05 AM   #102
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

I agree this honda crap needs to stop, yes max is a social site too but for the love of god, I don't think the people here would be so disrepectful to preach on JDM boards that there BMW it's tits and ass compaired to there cheap understeer queens. BMWs are the better car, and at least most of those who own them have some respect to enjoy them and not try and force rape and mislead people with constant should be ban-able nonsence chatter that there Eco box is designed by the auto gods, sorry auto budda's and must be respected and praised cause they have one.

Stop mouthing and spouting and talking out of your one inch exhaust pipe with a 5 inch fart can shit collector muffler tin can tip. No one here is buying it. Your in need of serious mental help if you think you can push your it's better cause I have one train of thought on the weak minded I'll buy it cause then all the cool kids will like me cause I have one too people.

MAKE THE MADDNESS STOP!!!!!!!!

Now let's get back to the pics and vids from bimmercruise after this public service anouncement !!!!!!!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:10 AM   #103
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

And yes it should be a suspendable or ban-able offence to distroy so many threads with Honda this and Honda that bull crap!!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:54 AM   #104
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Quote:
Never said a CRX was the greatest autocross car.. is there such a thing ?
It's driver/car combo which wins.

FWIW, I dont speak out of my ass.. you know why ? Because I have owned an 89 E30 M3, with a 2.5L motor modified suspension to the tits, and have driven modded e30's 318is, 325is, as well as have driven shitty Mini Cooper S etc etc though I havent autocrossed a Mini.
I doubt may people here have owned good conditioned Crx's on this forum anyway...

I also do know what CRX's are capable of, when having slightly modified setups. Been driving them for 10 years now.
On an autocross, the CRX will win 9/10 times, just based on weight differences alone ! Heck, that's even without a B or K20 Series engine swap..

btw, ever wonder why Honda has come out with a CR-Z ?
I guess they woke up and discovered they had something very good 20+ years ago.... too bad it now ugly, and hybrid.
So much of this hurts my head. So very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked_Out View Post
He has a rep on those too lol.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:16 AM   #105
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Every thread robb is in, either is E30 M3 evo shit, or CRX's.

CRX's are alright, and handle well, but stock for stock, a 325i would destroy it. A 318 would be more comparable.
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: