Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Wheels&Tires
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-22-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
zend
1st Gear Newbie

Wheel and Tire fitment need help on 540i

Hey guys, I have done a search but i cant find any information on a 2001 540i non-sport.

Currently I am running non-sport stock suspension with the stock 16" rims offset is 20 for all corners.

I am buying 19" Linea Corse Lemans (BBS LM replicas) with offset 15" for the front and offset 22" for the rear. Tire size will be 245/35/19 for the front and 275/30/19 for the rear.

I will run the car on stock suspension, will the wheels fit on the stock suspension without rubbing on the shocks and without rolling the fenders.

Also i am planning on getting koni sport yellows/ with HR racing springs, next year. Will this setup cause any rubbing, will have have to make alterations to the camber or roll my fenders ?

Sorry for the wordy description, but i know very little about cars. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Zend
zend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:39 AM   #2
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

You will definitely have to roll the rear fenders with that offset and tire size. I wouldn't recommend it even with the stock suspension.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #3
zend
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks Mystikal for the advice, what would you recommend? and why is rolling the fenders a bad thing ?

Thanks for the advice.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
Dado 540
6th Gear Member

I think Mystikal is refering to the wheel/tire size with the lowered set up, not the that the rolling is a bad thing.

You should also vist the bimmerforums.com 5 Series community, as they are much larger then ours here. You will be able to see photos of guys setup and detailed descriptions of what was done.

Once you knwo what you want take the car to jay and mike of stancefactory and have it done properly.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
zend
1st Gear Newbie

Hey Dado, thanks for your help. I have posted my question at bimmerforums under the e39 section, but no one has replied or anything.

The lm replicas only come in two offsets; 15mm for the front and rear. the other setup is 15 for the front and 22 for the rear. Either way, Mystikal says that its not a recommended setup, I just want to know why and what my other options are ?

Thanks for you help btw.

Cheers

Zend

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: