Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Exclamation RCMP Arrest, lay criminal charges against man with website critical of Calgary police

Quote:
RCMP have laid multiple libel and defamation charges against a Calgary man who's running a website slamming police.

The statements involved accusations of perjury, corruption and destruction of evidence against two Calgary officers.

RCMP have determined the allegations are false and were made to injure the reputation of the officers.

The RCMP has further alleged the website and interference by the accused interfered with an ongoing homicide investigation.

In addition to the website, the individual is alleged to have represented himself as a paralegal to innocent family members of the victims of homicide crimes which the Calgary police were investigating, with the intent of "investigating" and suing the CPS.

John KELLY, 53, is charged with several counts of publishing defamatory libel and obstructing a peace officer.

KELLY has been released on $1000 bail with strict conditions on computer use. He's expected back in court October 7th.

The website is operated from a USA based internet provider and steps are underway to have it closed.

Video:

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ub=CalgaryHome
hmm i didn't know slander and or defamation were 'criminal' offences that one can be arrested for!? but as the G20 should've clearly tought anyone - you can be arrested for anything/nothing.

Closing statement on his website:
Quote:
"The information contained on this site is accurate and the information placed on this site has been taken from official documents, videotapes, police files, minutes of meetings, auditors reports, financial statements, Annual reports, press files, media files, correspondences and much more.
I welcome Chief Hanson and any of the individuals named on this site to refute what is being posted. In fact I will go so far as to challenge them directly to refute and or deny what is being posted on this site, and to provide any evidence to the contrary.
Any questions please contact johnkelly475@yahoo.ca "

http://www.rottenapples.info/

So Here's a OTTAWA STORY

Quote:
Cop guilty in nine of 11 Police Services Act charges
By KENNETH JACKSON, Ottawa Sun

Last Updated: September 8, 2010 8:59pm

Lawyers argued Wednesday over what the punishment should be for a cop found guilty of nine of 11 internal charges for mishandling an informant to the point he put the source’s life at risk.

But they aren’t telling the Sun, or the public for that matter, what they submitted.

The entire case against Const. William Barlow has been held behind closed doors
— other than the opening submissions — since April 29, 2009.

Barlow was found guilty in June of four counts of neglect of duty, two counts breach of confidence, two insubordination offences and discreditable conduct regarding his dealings with the informant between Oct. 11, 2006, and Sept. 24, 2007.

This is the first time the Police Services Act convictions are being made public.

The trial has been closed to the public for fear it might identify the informant.

The Sun requested what both sides suggested as punishment but were told that information is private.

In a public summary, obtained by the Sun, adjudicator Robert Fitches attempts to explain his conclusion for each charge.

Barlow was told twice by superiors to cut off all contact with the informant who he was becoming too close with. In the end, Fitches found Barlow’s actions put the informant in “significant jeopardy.”

On one occasion, Barlow allowed the informant to sit in the front seat of a police cruiser in open view of the in-car computer that has access to private police data bases. He also showed the informant pictures of people “varying from investigative reasons to entertainment value.”

He gave information on one person that owed the informant money, which potentially allowed the informant to track that person down.

There were many times when he met with the informant, sometimes off duty, but didn’t keep notes on when or where they met. He also met with the informant alone breaking police policy.

“The cumulative effect of Constable Barlow’s behaviour is that there is a great potential that the reputation of the Ottawa Police Service would suffer significant discredit, if the details of these matters were to become known,” said Fitches.

Fitches found Barlow guilty of giving the informant a heads up on a police tactical raid so he could watch it unfold. He called back later to see how it went.

Officers testified Barlow put them in danger by telling the informant of the raid and had they known they would have aborted.

full article
http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa...-15287786.html
oh and G20 lawsuit seeks $115-million in damages

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 09-20-2010 at 03:53 PM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:20 PM   #2
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

ridiculous
Old 09-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #3
davericher20
black and blue

proposterous

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:54 PM   #4
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

despicable
Old 09-22-2010, 02:50 AM   #5
omid
Chillingz

i find this too be quite shallow and pedantic
Old 09-22-2010, 02:03 PM   #6
davericher20
black and blue

Ludacris

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:36 PM   #7
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omid View Post
i find this too be quite shallow and pedantic
Yes Yes....Shallow and pedantic

BTW...have you heared the word???

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"

Last edited by magnus; 09-22-2010 at 02:40 PM.
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:58 AM   #8
gervs
2nd Gear Member

What word, bird?
gervs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #9
magnus
6th Gear Member

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: