Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #16
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosty View Post
^ lol. I don't think that applies to his asking price.

My buddy bought Mustafa's e30 for just a bit more, full swap, kerscher camoras, OG mtech2. Yada yada.
So? Buddy can ask whatever he wants. For the most part, it is original, I'd pay more for that then engine swaps, wheels and whatnot. To top it off, you guys even said it yourself that the car was in questionable shape with all the, and I quote 'monkeys' working on it! Oh and for the record, it was not an OEM M tech kit. Get your facts straight.

Oh, and let the man sell his E30 without your bullshit in this thread.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #17
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

i remmeber i put my e30 up for 5000$ on trader. my email was bombarded! i had someone from the Virginia say I WANT THE CAR. GET ME A SHIPPING QUOTE.

i was like woahh..... >

im selling my car for $6000 when im ready. I will make it happen, even if that means outside canada. good luck with this very sexy car
Old 09-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #18
hosty
323i???

I don't even want to justify my Earlier response.

Come at me bro.

Glws to the OP he will need it!
hosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #19
Vrbovsky
pod stromom

Quote:

Come at me bro.

I have rebuilt a number of e30's in my time most of them were wretched when they came in... that being said a solid original example for 7-10k will cost you less then a full reconstruction.

most people arent interested in mint show cars, and just want something cool to drive. Thats the difference you're missing, there are really only two e30s anymore Mint/fully restore... and the rest for under 4k.

case in point I paid 7k on a paint job for my garage queen 89 325is.... owned since new
Vrbovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #20
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

Clean car.. reasonable price.

Btw, I can import a regular stock Left hand drive E30 from Japan in better shape, with under 100,000 kms for around $10-$12,000

PM Me for details
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:06 PM   #21
Vrbovsky
pod stromom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post

Btw, I can import a regular stock Left hand drive E30 from Japan in better shape, with under 100,000 kms for around $10-$12,000

PM Me for details
Ya whats with that anyways? I've heard its mostly due to emissions regulations that they become impossible to certify and in some cases need a new (as in NEW) engine if the owner wishes to keep it.???
Old 09-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #22
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrbovsky View Post
Ya whats with that anyways? I've heard its mostly due to emissions regulations that they become impossible to certify and in some cases need a new (as in NEW) engine if the owner wishes to keep it.???
In Canada you are allowed to import anything from overseas if it's 15 years or older, without needing any of the RIV compliancy modifications.
Also, you are allowed to import any year model from the U.S. unless it's stated on RIV.CA it is not allowed.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #23
Vrbovsky
pod stromom

Quote:
In Canada you are allowed to import anything from overseas if it's 15 years or older, without needing any of the RIV compliancy modifications.
Also, you are allowed to import any year model from the U.S. unless it's stated on RIV.CA it is not allowed.
No sorry, I meant that they are hard to certify in Japan and so they "dump" them even though they're friggin mint!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:47 PM   #24
Petinko
2nd Gear Member

Quote:

Come at me bro.

what would a guy with no car know about it?

and Vrbobky you can buy an e30 and get an s52 swap for way less then 10g's so don't bother with Japanese imports just look around a bit
Petinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:09 PM   #25
nonlocal
Last of the Late-Brakers

Quote:

PM Me for details
Man I thought all the price wrangling from people who obviously have no intention of buying (or considering) the car was out of line, but threadjacking someobody's FS thread to sell your own merchandise is ****ing low.

GLWS. Mods should clean this thread-- my own disgusted rant included.
nonlocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:01 AM   #26
canuckder
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonlocal View Post
Man I thought all the price wrangling from people who obviously have no intention of buying (or considering) the car was out of line, but threadjacking someobody's FS thread to sell your own merchandise is ****ing low.

GLWS. Mods should clean this thread-- my own disgusted rant included.
+1, even i was pulled into this. Hopfully he starts a new thread/ this one gets cleaned up soon.

Great looking car, and can very well get asking price. That white vert sold a few months ago and got a nice chunk, with a stock m20.

GLWS op, e30s are getting harder and harder to find .
Old 09-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #27
slimjim
Almost Sideways

ever thought he doesnt really want to sell it, maybewaiting on the rite person/buyer that will come along.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:03 PM   #28
BigPoppa
1st Gear Newbie

Wow, thanks guys. I really thought I was going crazy…

I check and re-checked. I even got a friend to look for me as well too. And then I realized that I wasn’t! Because I put up my car up for sale in the For Sale section of the forum and not in general discussion where the price was up for debate. If you do not agree with the price, I cannot do anything about that, or you don’t understand. I would also prefer if you have something to offer, like importing cars from Japan, then do so in your own post.

If you are serious then I am willing to talk. Other wise keep the negativity to yourself.

And to those get it, thanks.
BigPoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:41 PM   #29
vincenthclam
2nd Gear Member

I'm with you, Big Poppa

A basic tenet of economics is that the market price is determined by the price where a seller meets a buyer and they come to an agreement. The seller made a post. Those who are not buyers have no role in determining price.
vincenthclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #30
theblue
old school US member.

Send a message via AIM to theblue
meh, I'm more in favor of stopping forum members from getting ripped off than I am for helping somebody rip off forum members..

but maybe that's just me. If this sells I'm totally putting my swapped E30 up for $20k.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: