Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #31
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Sounds like a beat to shit car to me. Was it a lease return?
One of the main reasons why in the future I will be leasing a car is so that I can beat on it like a ginger head. I know of a few people, the thing they do to their lease cars will blow your mind. That's why they lease tho. Care free beat the shit outta your car for 1-3 years.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. '01 Exterior Upgrades; E60 SSK
Toys'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #32
pissedcustom
1st Gear Newbie

Smile ANNOYING NOISE in BMW Finally Fixed

I had to resort to contacting the President of BMW to finally fix the annoying noise at the back of my BMW. This was after taking my car to the BMW dealership four times over a two-year period to try fix the noise - which they never did.

I am convinced that this noise in the back of car is widespread among BMW 3-series cars (E90). I have now heard it in four different 3-series BMWs and I was told by a BMW representative that they have had other people complain about the same issue. I have a formal BMW Field Report with pictures explaining what was causing this noise and how technicians should fix it.

Ever since taking possession of my 2009 328i BMW (E90) there has been an annoying intermittent clicking or ticking noise that seemed to be coming from the rear window area, near the top of the seat, or where the rear window meets the rear parcel shelf. I finally complained to the CEO of BMW in Germany, Norbert Reithofer, BMW Canada President Franz Jung, and BMW Canada Director of Aftersales, Stephan Kuester. BMW head office assigned an expert technician who identified the problem and fixed it.

It was necessary to get BMW head office involved since their dealer service was a nightmare - apparently incompetent, rude, patronizing and they didn't seem to care less about putting the time and effort into resolving the problem. Their typical M.O. was to claim they couldn't hear the noise, even though on a couple occasions I was in the car with them when they heard the noise. This seems to be the Modus Operandi at BMW when they cannot or do not want to resolve a noise - just deny hearing it. On two occasion when I went to pick up my car they said they didn't have time to have a proper look at it because they had too many cars to service and they ran out of time...even though I had scheduled a service 2 weeks in advance.

I was so furious at one point that I called the owner of the BMW dealership to discuss it with him. He sort of chuckled when I told him about the extremely poor service and rude BMW service representatives and manager. He said that noises are incredibly difficult to resolve and it was a waste of time to try more than once. He never apologized and his manager actually said that if I am not satisfied I should probably get my car serviced elsewhere. Unbelievable.

If you have the same problem please let me know.
You can download the BMW Field Report at this link: http://complaint.pro/bLaCBB
pissedcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #33
pissedcustom
1st Gear Newbie

I'm running a poll on customer service at BMW on my other thread - "Finally fixed ANNOYING NOISE in my BMW". please vote - thanks
pissedcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #34
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINO K View Post
5thseries,

once you change tires to a good summer soft compund tire the noise will go away and your car will def feel 10x better, the clicking in between gears is related to Front Engine Rear Wheel drive and that will never change..However, at the light.. put the car in 2nd and then 1st, that usually happens if you stop in the 3rd, 5th gear, so whenever you do so, just go thru the lower gears while your stopped, it will slip right into 1st, and the rpms, thats just cold start related nothin you have to worry about.

You shouldn't stop with out gearing down unless you have to. You should be down shifting / gearing down. That is the proper way to drive, even says so in the drivers hand book, and is what you have to do for the test. If you gear down properly, you should actually save fuel. You don't want to be doing huge down shifts, just nice small ones, as your RPM's come down from coasting.

I actually don't dear down into first all the time, because my first is really damn notchy, and it's really hard to find the gears. Need to do maintenance.

flickr

Last edited by craigIS; 09-16-2010 at 01:44 PM.
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: