I just received my key from the US. When the remote didn't work I figured it may need to be programmed. Does any of the Indi's do it as well?
NVM - found the procedure:
Definitions: button 1 on the keys is the one closest to the metal part of
the key (this is the door open button); button 2 is the middle button (the
door close button).
1. Open the car doors using the remote function of your working key.
2. Get in and close (don't lock) all the doors.
3. Put the key in the ignition and switch momentarily to position 1 which is
the first position when you turn the key clockwise. This is the accessory
position. Don't stay in position 1 longer than 5 seconds; then turn the key
back to the off position.
4. Remove the key.
5. On the key transmitter, press and hold button 2. Press and release button
1 three times within 10 seconds while still pressing button 2.
6. release button 2.
7. The system indicates re-programming by locking and immediately unlocking
the door locks.
8. If you want to do more remotes, you must do each within 30 seconds of
step 7 for the preceding key. You just need to repeat steps 5 through 7 for
each key after the first.
You can knock off a dozen keys if you want in a few minutes.
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
Last edited by slemmer; 05-27-2010 at 10:02 PM.