Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-18-2010, 12:02 PM   #31
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Of course!
Old 08-18-2010, 12:07 PM   #32
canuckder
4th Gear Member

yea i think they do a few things, like demolition of buildings to.

But i think they focus on mold removal, I think it starts at 17 an hour, than after 200 and so hours you get 2 dollars, than i think another 400 hours you get another raise, and every year you get a dollar raise. he was actually just sent to yellow knife for 3 weeks, said he made a ton of money.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #33
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckder View Post
yea i think they do a few things, like demolition of buildings to.

But i think they focus on mold removal, I think it starts at 17 an hour, than after 200 and so hours you get 2 dollars, than i think another 400 hours you get another raise, and every year you get a dollar raise. he was actually just sent to yellow knife for 3 weeks, said he made a ton of money.
I'm awesome at demolition ahaha! Pretty good at building as well since me and my father have built 2 kitchens, a billion decks, bathrooms ect. Although I've never had courses, I've just learned off him and my grandfather. I'm not worried so much about pay, as I would just like to work period, so 14$/hr is even nice right now lol. That job would be so much fun! If your friend would be willing to give me a shot, I would be beyond grateful
Old 08-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #34
gervs
2nd Gear Member

Is the AutoX this weekend?
gervs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:04 AM   #35
everlast

Next weekend.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:22 PM   #36
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

50 laurier ph0 sh0.

I kid I kid.
thats for ballers.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:50 PM   #37
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Anyone ever heard about the "Combined Insurance" company in Ottawa? I applied thinking it was like broker insurance or something along those lines but it turn's out to be life insurance which reminds me of the "Primarica" pyramid scheme which is so stupid. Just wondering what your thoughts are.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:25 PM   #38
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Alright, Saturday is the big move. Be seeing you guys shortly! Also got myself hooked up with a grocery store for now from a high school buddy I used to hang out with lol. Oh well it's only temp till April for the Military See you at the Friday M&M meet.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #39
gervs
2nd Gear Member

You joining the CF? Which unit?
gervs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:49 AM   #40
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gervs View Post
You joining the CF? Which unit?
Applied for Marine Electrician, LCIS Tech (Land Communication and Information Systems), and Combat Engineer. I was originally going for Artillery Soldier, Infantry and Combat Engineer. But after reviewing my career choices and what was available because of budget, I choose different and more technical jobs. I didn't know you have to be debt free in order to serve, so moving to Ottawa was/is my chance to get some employment and pay off my owees. Once that is done, the Sgt can sign off my paperwork and I'll be assigned a start date for BMQ. If all goes to plan, I will be able to retire at the age of 48.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:51 AM   #41
everlast

You have to be debt free to serve in the military? What about a mortgage? I guess that helps rule out people with commitments and a life, helping the ones that serve leave everything else behind.

*shakes head*
Old 09-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #42
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
You have to be debt free to serve in the military? What about a mortgage? I guess that helps rule out people with commitments and a life, helping the ones that serve leave everything else behind.

*shakes head*
Nah it's not that kind of debt. I lost my job over a year ago with a CC to pay down and also Roger phone bills. So creditors and crap. As long as your making payments, they don't really care if you have some debt (car loan, house, phone bills), just as long as it doesn't go to the creditors. It interferes with training and such if you need to appear in court because you haven't paid a bill. Unfortunately for me, I was YDFC and made mistakes, which hinders my application to go forward, or I would already be serving our great country. Oh well, I always learn the hard way

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: