Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-17-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Arrow 91% of Canadians Found to Be Toxic !?

Quote:

Gender-Bending Chemical Detected in 91 Percent of Canadians

The industrial chemical Bisphenol A, which has been linked to developmental and reproductive problems and mimics estrogen, is present in roughly 91 percent of the Canadian population, particularly in teens aged 12 to 19.

The urine of 91 percent of those in the study contained detectable levels of BPA, the chemical used in polycarbonate plastic and epoxy resins used in the lining of canned foods, as well as in hard plastic bottles and food containers.

BPA has found itself in the spotlight in recent years, with some states and cities banning its use in baby bottles and childrens' products. According to Statistics Canada, higher concentrations of BPA were detected in the urine of children aged 6 to 100, compared to adults aged 40 to 79. Teens aged 12 to 19 showed the highest concentration of BPA.

Mercury was detected in the blood samples of 88 percent of Canadians, present in higher concentrations in adults aged 20 to 79. The primary transfer of mercury from the environment to the human population is through the consumption of seafood.

Mercury can also cause developmental problems for fetuses and children, which has prompted governments to warn pregnant women and those whoe may become pregnant, about the consumption of fish and shellfish.

{complete article here}

http://www.greenbiz.com/news/2010/08...cent-canadians

Old 08-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
ProStreetDriver
The Real Transporter

Send a message via MSN to ProStreetDriver
i probably breathe in a lot of fumes that i shouldn't working on cars... meh.
ProStreetDriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
uzi577
RUNING BOOST

"children aged 6 to 100" what at 100, you still a child?! HA
no, very sad, lets repopulate like crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
uzi577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
sirex
King Sirex

ages 6 to 10, its clearly a typo.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:48 PM   #5
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Yeah they had a spot about this on the news a few nights ago talking about all the shit that has BPA. I was laughing most of the time because on some of the shit they were saying.

...Oh receipts that are glossy are coated in BPA, you touch the receipt then don't wash
your hands and eat and it gets into your system...... the seal on the undersides of beer bottle caps are coated with BPA...

Seriously, how many receipts do I need to lick and how many beers do I need to drink before I have a dangerous level of BPA in my system....
Old 08-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #6
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Yeah they had a spot about this on the news a few nights ago talking about all the shit that has BPA. I was laughing most of the time because on some of the shit they were saying.

...Oh receipts that are glossy are coated in BPA, you touch the receipt then don't wash
your hands and eat and it gets into your system...... the seal on the undersides of beer bottle caps are coated with BPA...

Seriously, how many receipts do I need to lick and how many beers do I need to drink before I have a dangerous level of BPA in my system....
Dont be an egg head.

First, BPA is not entirely dangerous to you, its dangerous to your -maybe- kids. It ****s up your eggs or sperm. It also plays havoc to some degree with your hormones.

Second, BPA is one of those toxic substances that yes, being in receipt paper is cause for concern because people handle it every day.

Because the full effects of BPA are not known to this day, but has been linked to several problems, its better to have less of it in our society, rather then more.

But keep laughing doctor. Clearly you know alot about this dangerous chemical that has been BANNED in baby bottles and other prodcuts.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #7
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

I agree...

I don't know what quantity of BPA is required to be in your body to be harmful...just like avoiding seafood because of mercury. eating fish is good for your diet. how much fish do you have to eat to reach harmful levels of mercury?

i'm not going to avoid eating fish because they may contain some mercury. I think the health benefits outweighs the mercury content.

better go live in middle of nowhere and farm your own food while wearing a tinfoil hat. all these chemicals are pretty much unavoidable now. and no way we could live a healthy life without importing our food now given how short our growing season is and ability to grow a diversity of food locally.

could we be doing something better? sure no doubt about it. continue to support the ban but can't live under a rock either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post

Old 08-19-2010, 12:11 AM   #8
sirex
King Sirex

First, wtf are you talking about? Who posted "tin foil hat" theories? This is fact.
Second, who told you to avoid it and to live under a rock to be safe? No one.

The only thing this article does is tell you an alarming statistic.

As for eating fish with mercury.....

First: Fish with heavy metal traces are usualy bigger fish - specifically tuna, though many fish do have significant traces of heavy metals in them.. No one said do not eat tuna, HOWEVER, there are warnings out there that specifically say do not eat tunna fish more then 2-3 times per week because it considerably increases heavy metal traces in your body faster then your body can get rid of them.

Its the same with many other fish as well, people are told to limit their consumption on a week to week basis. As in, DO NOT EAT FISH EVERY ****ing day. To get the benefits from fish, 2 times a week is all you need.

Last edited by sirex; 08-19-2010 at 12:13 AM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:49 AM   #9
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Dont be an egg head.

First, BPA is not entirely dangerous to you, its dangerous to your -maybe- kids. It ****s up your eggs or sperm. It also plays havoc to some degree with your hormones.

Second, BPA is one of those toxic substances that yes, being in receipt paper is cause for concern because people handle it every day.

Because the full effects of BPA are not known to this day, but has been linked to several problems, its better to have less of it in our society, rather then more.

But keep laughing doctor. Clearly you know alot about this dangerous chemical that has been BANNED in baby bottles and other prodcuts.

You're right, I was being a little bit narrow minded with my criticisms.
I just dislike how the media has a habit of blowing everything out of proportion (I call it flu shot syndrome). They've been studying the effects of BPA for years and still aren't entirely sure of what the effects are as you mentioned. It's good to be aware of the potential risks and areas of exposure but it's bad to do it in a way that will cause people to be unreasonable.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #10
sirex
King Sirex

BPA is one of those chemicals that we can actually do without. The only reason why the industry uses it because its a bit cheaper than the toxic free alternatives.

I think that is reason enough for a public outcry.

I dont think people are being unreasonable, nor are media outlets that takes this to the extreme. Corporations are not looking out for your health and well being. Also, why the hell are we using some plastics, and chemical compounds when we do not understand the full effects on the human body? Because a) its cheap and b) they lobby the government.

The only way we can get them to stop using these chemicals is if we take it to the next level. And the creation of these toxic compounds like BPA have more then just 1 effect. That is, while yes the compound is being used in our bottles and cans and receipt paper, what you are not told is the poison and toxic shit they have to dump into the atmosphere to make it. The problem is two fold.

So pretty soon, you wont be able to hide under that rock either. And you know, the industry has started taking heed to the citizen complaints. Many bottle and can products no longer have BPA lining, or are made using BPA. If a few people hadn't taken it to the extreme, and also used science above that, we wouldn't be where we are today and there would be no alternative bpa products.

Last edited by sirex; 08-19-2010 at 01:41 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #11
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member

Studies are fully controlled by the people taking them. Most have more than one motive.
bunnykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:51 PM   #12
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

well here's some more stuff - info

Americans "bombarded" with cancer sources
"The 40-year war on cancer has been called for what it is ... a failure,"
Jeanne Rizzo, president and chief executive of the Breast Cancer Fund,
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6450LN20100506

FDA Stuns Scientists, Declares Mercury in Fish to be Safe for Infants, Children, Expectant Mothers!
http://www.naturalnews.com/News_0006..._FDA_fish.html
-

Group finds carcinogens in kids bath products
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...aldehyde_N.htm

The Health Risks of GM Foods: Summary and Debate
http://www.seedsofdeception.com/Publ...bate/index.cfm

-
Why levels of sperm in Western men are falling at an alarming rate
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...g-1954149.html

-
U.N funded Doctors sterilise Uzbek women by stealth
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7107200.ece

-

China’s Population Control Program to Begin Sterilization, to Curb Births
Health authorities are planning to sterilize nearly 10,000 people in southern China over the next four days as part of a population control programme.
Some of the people in Puning City will be forced to have the procedure carried out against their will.
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...15613125?f=rss

-

John Holdren, Obama's Science Czar, says: Forced abortions and mass sterilization needed to save the planet
Book he authored in 1977 advocates for extreme totalitarian measures to control the population
http://zombietime.com/john_holdren/

-

spirit of Margaret Sanger (racist that started planned parent hood) lives in Obama's Science Czar -Eugenics (Watch)
LiveLeak.com - The ghoulish spirit of Margaret Sanger lives in Obama's Science Czar

Monsanto named in 50 cancer lawsuits
http://www.wvrecord.com/news/220565-...ancer-lawsuits

i took the 15mins to copy these news stories over.

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 08-20-2010 at 05:53 PM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: