Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-06-2010, 09:50 PM   #1
gsbadbmr
4th Gear Member

E34 Battery...Which One To Buy?

Today my OEM battery purchased last year from the $tealership decided to kick the bucket...i'm still not sure why. I tried charging it but it won't hold a charge...it's kaput

My question is...which battery does everyone here use in their E34's. Mine is a 1994 530i...the battery is under the passenger side rear seat. I will return my OEM battery at the dealership this week since it's still under warranty and hope to get a replacement one for free, but i want to buy a battery first thing in the morning while i wait for BMW to get my new one. I called Canadian Tire and they don't have a battery for my car.
gsbadbmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali

Send a message via MSN to ACS_DAN
A bit off topic but have you checked your alternator? Those stock BMW battery's are pretty potent.

95 530i|Modifications - Work.
ACS_DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
gsbadbmr
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACS_DAN View Post
A bit off topic but have you checked your alternator? Those stock BMW battery's are pretty potent.
Hi. No, i haven't checked the alternator yet. My battery kicked the bucket just today. I will have my alternator checked tomorrow I used to have an Interstate battery in my e30 for almost 9 years without ever having a problem...i think i will go with an Interstate battery again if i can find one locally.
gsbadbmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:47 PM   #4
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

I was going to say Interstate. Make sure you specifically ask for the vent kit or else you might not get one when they order it.
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #5
zubbie
Happy Happy Joy Joy

Despite what Canadian Tire says they do have a battery that will fit. When they will ask you what car it is for tell them a 97 540. Get the group 49 motomaster eliminator @ $117. With a little fiddleing it will fit in the oem spot. Technically your battery is a group 93 but they are the same specs, just slightly different sizes.

Don't tell them you are putting it in an E34 or the warranty will be void. Gotta love Crappy Tire!

I made my own vent kit out of Home Depot hoses and 'T's

89 535iA ; 93 M5
zubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #6
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubbie View Post
Despite what Canadian Tire says they do have a battery that will fit. When they will ask you what car it is for tell them a 97 540. Get the group 49 motomaster eliminator @ $117. With a little fiddleing it will fit in the oem spot. Technically your battery is a group 93 but they are the same specs, just slightly different sizes.

Don't tell them you are putting it in an E34 or the warranty will be void. Gotta love Crappy Tire!

I made my own vent kit out of Home Depot hoses and 'T's
He probably doesn't need that info now since his battery problem was over a month back.

Last edited by MarkD; 08-13-2010 at 02:31 PM.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: