Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-13-2010, 11:20 PM   #1
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

Parking ticket on private property

I never thought it was possible but I got a parking to ticket today for 'park vehicle on private property without consent'.

I do have the permit except it was obscured - so might as well not be there, I guess. My plates are registered with security so not sure why they didn't bother to check. I'm rather surprised that a metro cop actually got asked to write up the ticket on private property.

My questions are:

- is taking to court only way to defend?
(A bit of a time waster for $30. Just gets me worked up due to the principle of it all. I actually do have a proper permit.)
- will the court even care if i showed them the permit. the permit is just a tag that hangs off the rear view mirror. like the judge would even know if it's legit. the company provided it, not some official label like street parking.
- has anyone gone through with this silliness before?

nice way for the city to make a quick $30! I guess it's a service the Toronto parking enforcement offers to private property owners. anything to make a buck!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

unless the ticket is from Toronto, mississauga etc, do not pay it.

If its not a legit yellow ticket by the city, you do not have to pay that shit

edit: re read what you wrote. take it into court, will get thrown out most likely due to low value
Old 07-13-2010, 11:28 PM   #3
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

I thought it was some security guard ticket...then saw it is City of Toronto! Damn it! Taking the time to go to court for $30 is such a time waster. I guess that's what the city banks on is people don't bother to fight it.

Heck before even going to court do i really need to take it one of their locations to request a trial?

just a great cash grab! kudos to the city for thinking outside the box and generating revenue even on private property!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:33 AM   #4
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Sucks. They were called in by property management. You lucky they didn't tow it as parking enforcement always ask property mgmt want the vehicle removed.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:05 PM   #5
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
file a court date, you'll most likely never get it (although they are giving out more and more court dates now a days)(

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:13 PM   #6
sirex
King Sirex

If the owner calls the parking enforcement back up and tells them they ticked the wrong car, in some cases the officer can come back and erase it, or remove it from the file.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:17 PM   #7
rendered
6th Gear Member

Yeap, I have more than several of these from the previous condo i was living in with the Gf... I was even paying for a spot, had an arrangment with the owner of the spot, except the pervert property managment guy didn't like the fact my gf told him off for staring at her, he would consistantly get TO parking tkt maids to come in a write us tkts for my car..... I'd file them all for court... didn't hear a thing for 3 years... then all of a sudden Gay miller started opening more tkt courts just for back logged parking tkts, and what do you know... they resurfaced... So when I had some time to waste, I showed up for court, told them my story, and most of them were thrown out... Had a couple that weren't private property, that were reduced to $10.... so all in all... file those tkts, back up the system, and damn the man!
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:10 PM   #8
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
^^ After 3 years?? LOL so I may get some as well. It's a headache but I think you can make motions for wayyyy too long a wait time for trial, etc.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #9
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTO View Post
I do have the permit except it was obscured - so might as well not be there, I guess.
Bring it to the parking ticket office. They should toss the ticket on the spot if you sound honest enough.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:03 PM   #10
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member

It's wasn't a cop that wrote the ticket it was a parking enforcement officer.
bunnykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #11
Furious
BMW again.

if someone parked in my spot downtown, forget the ticket, i would get it towed. fight the ticket dude, should be ok
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:43 AM   #12
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
Yeap, I have more than several of these from the previous condo i was living in with the Gf... I was even paying for a spot, had an arrangment with the owner of the spot, except the pervert property managment guy didn't like the fact my gf told him off for staring at her, he would consistantly get TO parking tkt maids to come in a write us tkts for my car..... I'd file them all for court... didn't hear a thing for 3 years... then all of a sudden Gay miller started opening more tkt courts just for back logged parking tkts, and what do you know... they resurfaced... So when I had some time to waste, I showed up for court, told them my story, and most of them were thrown out... Had a couple that weren't private property, that were reduced to $10.... so all in all... file those tkts, back up the system, and damn the man!
uhhhhhhhhhh 3 years? tell them its unreasonable wait time and you werent driving the car back then

why dont you just smear shit all over his doorknob or something

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #13
3x Beemer
4th Gear Member

ha i got a ticket for parking in a mall parking lot then walking to school.. i think it was along the lines of "no activity"

needless to say i went and "had a word"with the rental cop that called it in when he saw me walk away with my schoolbag in the morning. haha guy was screaming at me threatening to arrest me, trying to scare me away. i got in his face and said do it... and asked what else are you going to do? blow your whistle at me? shine your flashlight in my face? that shut him up!
3x Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:47 PM   #14
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3x Beemer View Post
ha i got a ticket for parking in a mall parking lot then walking to school.. i think it was along the lines of "no activity"

needless to say i went and "had a word"with the rental cop that called it in when he saw me walk away with my schoolbag in the morning. haha guy was screaming at me threatening to arrest me, trying to scare me away. i got in his face and said do it... and asked what else are you going to do? blow your whistle at me? shine your flashlight in my face? that shut him up!
Those rental cops have more rights on private property then the police do.
bunnykiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: