Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-27-2010, 03:48 AM   #1
Megageek
1st Gear Newbie

metallic noise

Has anyone experienced this before? When I switch gears from 1st to 2nd, for the time I take my foot off the gas and engage the clutch, I hear to strange metallic noise coming from what sounds like the right side of the car. It sounds like something is loose. I have a service appointment tomorrow for a burnt out headlight, so I plan on bringing it up. Also I hear the noise when Im in neutral and a hit the gas. After I squeeze the gas and the rpms go back down I can hear it.

I have a 2007 335i, standard.

Also, on average how long does the mirror tilting when you put it in reverse last? both my mirrors stopped doing this days after buying the car. I hope its still covered under the remaining balance of the warranty.
Megageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megageek View Post
Has anyone experienced this before? When I switch gears from 1st to 2nd, for the time I take my foot off the gas and engage the clutch, I hear to strange metallic noise coming from what sounds like the right side of the car. It sounds like something is loose. I have a service appointment tomorrow for a burnt out headlight, so I plan on bringing it up. Also I hear the noise when Im in neutral and a hit the gas. After I squeeze the gas and the rpms go back down I can hear it.

I have a 2007 335i, standard.

Also, on average how long does the mirror tilting when you put it in reverse last? both my mirrors stopped doing this days after buying the car. I hope its still covered under the remaining balance of the warranty.
sounds like something cold be loose but its hard to say without hearing it first hand. is the sound persistent and increase with the revs or only there for a short time when you engage the clutch and and rev in neutral?

as for the tilting mirror thing. my car is an '01 and the mirrors still tilt.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
Megageek
1st Gear Newbie

FYI incase your interested. Its the turbo. Great.
I heard they have addressed the turbo valve issue by designing a new one that is far more reliable. Can anyone who has had a replacement turbo installed recently confirm this? Its all under warranty, but that expires February of next year. I would hate to have to foot this bill by myself if the same POS turbo blows in the next 6 months.
Megageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:30 PM   #4
Bimmermann
1st Gear Newbie

Front or rear of car? Front = most likely turbos. Rear = most likely the gate in the exhaust.
Bimmermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #5
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

FYI: In my E34, you can turn the mirror tilting function on/off depending on the position of the selector for the mirror adjustment (driver's side it tilts, pass it doesn't or vice-versa, can't remember).

edit: you probably already know this since I just realized you made the thread in July. Sorry...
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: