Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Ontario
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
MrMeatLoaf
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 9
Shop in Markham

Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked a billion times, but I need to find a shop in the Markham area asap.

I need to have a pre-purchase inspection done.

I live 4hrs from Toronto but I just happen to be in the city fri and sat and I won't have a lot time for the inspection.

I found Sam's Garage which is about 5min from the car, but they don't specialize in bimmers.

Europa Motors is about 12min away, but from the quick research I did on them, they seem to be hit or miss.

AutoTrend seems to be pretty good, but they're 30min away.

I'd love to go to RPM Motors, but they're 45min away... that's just too far.

Is there any other shop that you can recommend in the Markham area I may have missed? I may just end up going to Europa if I can organize a good time since they specialize in bimmers.

Last edited by MrMeatLoaf; 07-20-2010 at 02:08 PM.
MrMeatLoaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
exbmwtech
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North of T.O.
Posts: 58
Try Philip at Almost racing 2 min away from Sams he used to work for BMW.... 905-294-9055
exbmwtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #3
MarkD
Banned
 
MarkD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In Your DME!
Posts: 2,414
There is also Bavarian Motors on Woodbine Ave, just north of John St. (near the Mandarin Restaurant)
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
MrMeatLoaf
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
There is also Bavarian Motors on Woodbine Ave, just north of John St. (near the Mandarin Restaurant)
I just called them. The guy I talked to was borderline rude. It was like he was upset he had to answer the phone. He said it shouldn't be a problem to bring it in, but he wouldn't make an appointment and couldn't guarantee they could look at the car. The whole experience was very off putting.

Sorry for calling and being a potential customer Bavarian Motors.

Last edited by MrMeatLoaf; 07-20-2010 at 04:53 PM.
MrMeatLoaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:57 PM   #5
MrMeatLoaf
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by exbmwtech View Post
Try Philip at Almost racing 2 min away from Sams he used to work for BMW.... 905-294-9055
Just called him and made an appointment. He was quick and to the point, but friendly. Thanks Philip!
MrMeatLoaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
MarkD
Banned
 
MarkD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In Your DME!
Posts: 2,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeatLoaf View Post
I just called them. The guy I talked to was borderline rude. It was like he was upset he had to answer the phone. He said it shouldn't be a problem to bring it in, but he wouldn't make an appointment and couldn't guarantee they could look at the car. The whole experience was very off putting.

Sorry for calling and being a potential customer Bavarian Motors.
That's really odd. How old is this car you want checked out? I know someone else who you could contact, he is a BMW Master Tech and was the shop foreman at Open Road BMW in the past.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #7
MarkD
Banned
 
MarkD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In Your DME!
Posts: 2,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeatLoaf View Post
I just called them. The guy I talked to was borderline rude. It was like he was upset he had to answer the phone. He said it shouldn't be a problem to bring it in, but he wouldn't make an appointment and couldn't guarantee they could look at the car. The whole experience was very off putting.

Sorry for calling and being a potential customer Bavarian Motors.
Hey Meatloaf,

I just called Steve at Bavarian Motors to ask what was going on. He said you wanted an appt. for 12:00 noon on Friday, which is when his employees all have lunch. (they stop for an hour each Friday) He said that he could not guarantee he could get you in at exactly the time you want and you may have to wait a little, as all the hoists could be in use. And he also said that you made an appt. for 11:30 and he was expecting you then, so it would have been nice if you called to cancel.

He probably does not need "potential" customers like you...
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:08 PM   #8
MrMeatLoaf
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
Hey Meatloaf,

I just called Steve at Bavarian Motors to ask what was going on. He said you wanted an appt. for 12:00 noon on Friday, which is when his employees all have lunch. (they stop for an hour each Friday) He said that he could not guarantee he could get you in at exactly the time you want and you may have to wait a little, as all the hoists could be in use. And he also said that you made an appt. for 11:30 and he was expecting you then, so it would have been nice if you called to cancel.

He probably does not need "potential" customers like you...
That's not exactly how it went.

Yes, I did suggest 12, he said that's when they take lunch. That's understandable, people have to eat.

I asked when they get back from lunch, he said 1. I suggested 1-1:30, he said he couldn't guarantee the time.

That's when I explained to him my situation (see first post).

11:30 was my final suggested time, he couldn't guarantee that either. That's when I agreed I would call again friday to see if they could fit me in.

But since they could not guarantee me a time, I fail to see how I'm supposed to cancel an arrangement that doesn't exist. This whole situation goes against the very definition of appointment.

But if he's saying that I have an appointment, then there has obviously been some miscommunication. I'll call tomorrow to cancel.

Last edited by MrMeatLoaf; 07-20-2010 at 07:18 PM.
MrMeatLoaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:09 PM   #9
bimmerjoe
Yagerbombs/skanks
 
bimmerjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: markham
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeatLoaf View Post
That's not exactly how it went.

Yes, I did suggest 12, he said that's when they take lunch. That's understandable, people have to eat.

I asked when they get back from lunch, he said 1. I suggested 1-1:30, he said he couldn't guarantee the time.

That's when I explained to him my situation (see first post).

11:30 was my final suggested time, he couldn't guarantee that either. That's when I agreed I would call again friday to see if they could fit me in.

But since they could not guarantee me a time, I fail to see how I'm supposed to cancel an arrangement that doesn't exist. This whole situation goes against the very definition of appointment.

sams garage is amazing. he does all european cars. if you go to his shop you will see nothing but bimmer benz Ferrari maserati bently. very good at what they do
__________________
1999 323i-sold
2001 540i M- Sport
bimmerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #10
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member
 
E30 Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lea$ide
Posts: 2,422
Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
Call Stance Factory ask for Mike or Jay they are awesome. Shops located at 7 and McCowan (647) 889-9554.
E30 Girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:59 PM   #11
MrMeatLoaf
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjoe View Post
sams garage is amazing. he does all european cars. if you go to his shop you will see nothing but bimmer benz Ferrari maserati bently. very good at what they do
Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Girl View Post
Call Stance Factory ask for Mike or Jay they are awesome. Shops located at 7 and McCowan (647) 889-9554.
Thanks, I'll keep them in mind if my appointment at AlmostRacing falls through.
MrMeatLoaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:53 AM   #12
shugalou
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Durham
Posts: 52
Let us know how it works out for you. I'm still in the process of finding a mechanic for my car and I have been going through similar trials.

Best of luck
shugalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:44 PM   #13
S1carshow
1st Gear Newbie
 
S1carshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: t.o
Posts: 9
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeatLoaf View Post
Just called him and made an appointment. He was quick and to the point, but friendly. Thanks Philip!
great guy, very good with German machines

im going there to get my tuning done

good luck finding your mech
S1carshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:00 PM   #14
icu
3rd Gear Member
 
icu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 351
Now heres a twist , This morning I called Bavarian Mtrs and told them I had a problem with my exhaust , A very friendly lady said to come by at 1:30 . Now at the shop , I talked with Steve told him of my problem and with out any hestitation came out to my car crawled under and inspected the exhaust system which as it turned out was ok . Thumbs up for you Steve for taking the tyme from your busy shop to help.
__________________
icu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.