Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-17-2010, 11:19 PM   #1
uzi577
RUNING BOOST

1250 code help asap!!

Hi guys
I was driving on the highway and when I came off on the offramp, I ended up throwing the 1250 code. Engine was running rough, and always had 1188 and 1189, but now throwing that code as well. Engine is running rich on bank 1. Running with fuel trims of -25ish stft, while bank 2 is -11ish. Any ideas? I have read through a few threads, but no one has posted up any concrete solutions. Anyone?
uzi577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
uzi577
RUNING BOOST

i need some ideas here, I am based in Acton, ON now, live in North York!!!!!!
took a part the whole intake assemble will see, what that does..........
Any body?
Old 07-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
uzi577
RUNING BOOST

Here is my story.
I was driving on the 401 east to my buddy. the car was working great blasting at reasonably high speed. I exited on the off-ramp came to the stop. The rmp started to bounce from 500 to 900. The car ran like bag of hammers. However once accelerating worked fine.

The codes where 1188 1189 1250. The short fuel trims off the charts and the long term fuels are not even registering.

Turns out coil 1 was blown, however after we cleared the codes. No codes where thrown that made the troubleshooting even harder.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
rmanaudio
3rd Gear Member

coil overheated and burnt out during high speed long run. I would replace all 6 coils and boot plugs and sparks. Also, replace intake and exhaust cam sensors if you have high clicks! New Pre-cat O2s, MAF sensor and fuel filter will make your car run like new!
rmanaudio is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: