Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-14-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
Megageek
1st Gear Newbie

2007 335 i

Hey guys,

I've scoured the internet (Canadian pages) and come up with some unsettling answers to my proceeding question, however I would like to ask the owners of these vehicles first hand.

I'm currently looking at purchasing a 2007 335i coupe. The vehicle came off lease in June of this year and has relatively low kms.

So I guess my question is, how has your experience been with the car?

Any reliability issues? How were service visits?

The car facts show up as routine maintenance. I've called BMW Toronto to confirm. A couple of days were lost to changing winter tires and back. Also a check engine light issue that seemingly turned out to be nothing. Brake light replacement. No HPFP replacement, which is a little concerning as I do not want to deal with this problem down the line when the vehicle is off warranty.

Basically the vehicles warranty is up in February of next year, so I will have only 6 months of coverage.

Is there anyone out there that wants to talk me out of this, or maybe talk me right into it? I test drove the car today and it really is beautiful.

Thanks for your time guys.

Last edited by Megageek; 07-14-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Megageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:15 PM   #2
Megageek
1st Gear Newbie

Really? No one?

Ive been reading forum posts all day and night and it seems as though the 07 335i is quite problematic. I know the internet only reflects the percentage of people who have had problems with their car. The vast majority of happy consumers arnt going to hit up maxbimmer.com and praise their car, but there has to be a couple guys on here who are willing to give some honest info?

Come on boys, were talking $40000 here. Its this or a loaded 2010 GTI.......
Megageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:36 AM   #3
sexxxybimmer
3rd Gear Member

i have one but i cant give u any info since i have it for only 2weeks.i like it i got it from BMW autohaus.
sexxxybimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:14 AM   #4
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member

I work for BMW London, I've got a pair of gorgeous 2007 335i Coupes on my lot, both Certified Series so there's 3 more years of warranty left! Certified Series is definitely a BIG plus, I've bought a pair of used 3s myself (330Ci and M3) and both have been Certified Series. Let me know if you want more info on them.
mstearnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:00 AM   #5
carjoe
6th Gear Member

I'm not sure if this applies to that year but my co-worker got rid of his because of excessive oil consumption. Something in the order of 1 liter every 2000km's. BMW took apart the top end, claimed to have fixed it but didn't. After that BMW washed their hands of it and so did he. It was his 4th new 3 series in a row....

Stay away from the white 335i sedan. I can't remember what dealer it's at but it's in the GTA and has been since last summer.

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

carjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
bmnorm
4th Gear Member

I purchased an 07 335i in dec.

I would recommend getting a certified series bmw. I have warranty till 2012.

When I bought this car I test drove it hwy and city and it drove great.

The day I go pick up the car, I get a call telling me the car is not ready.
The turbos had to be replaced. I was so pissed.
However they provided me with a rental.

I pick up the car and 3 days later during the x-mas holiday the car goes into limp mode. turbos where not working. I took it in and they had to fix some hose that fed the turbos???

1 month later my spark plug light came on. they had to replace that.
a few days after that I noticed the car had the hiccups. The car was not idling properly. They did a diagnostics and couldn't find anything wrong with the car. they told me to use shell v power fuel. I tried that for 3 weeks and the problem didn't go away. I went back a few times and they couldn't figure out the problem. Finally about 2 months of this back and fourth. The car was showing signs of hpfp failure, the car was having long crank issues. I took the car to another dealership, and they replaced my hpfp.

I was so angry with bmw for the first 5 months of owning this car. I'm glad I have the warranty. Sometimes you get a lemon.
But with the warranty they will fix this problems and you will be on your way.

I don't want to discourage you from buying this car. I think I just got a really bad car from the factory. But when you are paying 40k for a car,
you don't want to turn around and sell it. you will take a 5k hit on it. (taxes)
So in my experience warranty is very important.

I am now in the process of modding the car, hopefully with new turbos, spark plugs and a new HPFP I won't have any major issues.

Last edited by bmnorm; 07-16-2010 at 11:41 AM.
bmnorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #7
bmw335i
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to bmw335i
335i

Still looking? I am currently leasing mine.. still got about 8 months on it.. it's got 68K .. pm me if you got questions... dont' want to waste time if u already purchased one..

I am thinking of purchasing a C63 or Carrera S .. bored of this 335i already.. it's a good car and I've managed to get BMW to give me a 10 years warranty on the HPFP since it was problematic for 2007 335i cars.
bmw335i is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: