Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-13-2010, 10:49 AM   #31
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
I'm 22. Currently unemployed, which is alright I guess since I cashed in large about a year ago and still have some change. I went last year for the Primerica job where you get hired under someone and then you become your own boss and hire all your friends so they can do financial advise to others ect. Made some good money off a group of 10 people. This is where I was getting some money and it was kind of door to door. Worst thing was talking to people about debt and stuff and I was in the same vote about it being shady. Like how do I make money off other people that I brought into the business? Well I stopped it because the Government raped my income tax but I still made some decent coin. I suggest that you get in contact with whatever you plan on doing in life (I myself am about to start a framing and drywall apprenticeship with a union) and get that started. Find out what you need ect. and go from there. Have faith that someone will end up giving a chance. In all my interviews I've ever done, I've always asked for the chance to prove myself, and you usually get a chance at it. Unfortunately, most people are hurting for jobs since the economy went boom. So keep your head up, keep pestering people and sending out those resumes like they are going out of style. People tend to see you when you send 5 resumes when others send 1.
You NEVER EVER send out more than 1 resume. Even if you are looking fort some entry level crap. Not only it's rude but, it's no more than soliciting and you are shooting yourself in the foot right of the bat and shut down your chance for an interview. If they are hiring for someone with your skills they DEFINITELY looked at you. The only thing you can do is wait for them to call you for an interview.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #32
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
You NEVER EVER send out more than 1 resume. Even if you are looking fort some entry level crap. Not only it's rude but, it's no more than soliciting and you are shooting yourself in the foot right of the bat and shut down your chance for an interview. If they are hiring for someone with your skills they DEFINITELY looked at you. The only thing you can do is wait for them to call you for an interview.
Hasn't been that way for me. Just my area has a lot of college kids that seem to suck the work force to almost nil. Oh well..
Old 07-13-2010, 02:10 PM   #33
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
Ya I hate Jehovah's witnesses too .. I'm not buying there bullshit .. and do they really have to do it 8-9am every saturday .. ****
Lol brampton lol
Old 07-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #34
328IScreamer
6th Gear Member

I never sed more than one resume but I make myself stand out in other ways.
I usually call and follow up on the resume and schedule an interview if they liked what they saw. Then after the interview I eaither call back again or email them and thank them for the opportunity to come in.
It's worked every single time so far. In my current position there were 72 applicants and I got the job.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:52 PM   #35
Tommy Boy
bAaAM!

U guys know what your talking about!

Thats why I ask these questions on here....

BMW Owners = Informed Citizens.........
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: