Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #61
BigD
the misanthropist
 
BigD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: a house
Posts: 6,210


Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Like I said, part of the protest is spreading the word and educating people on their rights and the bullshit that is the g20.
How much have you done other than here? Those people went out there and got in the faces of all the cameras. Right or wrong, they got their message out. Do you think what you're doing here is accomplishing something?
__________________
BigD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #62
davericher20
black and blue
 
davericher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2 storey 3 bedroom 1 car garage
Posts: 3,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
How much have you done other than here? Those people went out there and got in the faces of all the cameras. Right or wrong, they got their message out. Do you think what you're doing here is accomplishing something?
wtf are you doing calling people out on their "accomplishments?"

Do you only listen to people who protest 24 hours a day? Anyone who shares the info but isn't actively involved is a poser?

Give it up brah.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #63
daytona
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,715
its been almost two weeks since the infamous riots of TO...the so call beginning of the police state never materialized.The cameras are coming down,the sound cannon is being stored,the so call "blue storm troopers" are going on vacation and they earned the rest.Our charter of rights is the same except for a few people who thinks getting they bags searched in a area which the police tagged as a protected zone for the G20 or those who whined about getting detained for 24 hours it back to normal.I havent heard of any stories about our state police storming houses with no warrants,I havent heard of any body being jailed carrying a bag within the last 24 hours,I havent heard of any stories about banning a religion because of a threat to our country,in fact its been a great week except the blazing heat we faced.I just paid my monthly taxes which I hate of course but my civil rights is still there.In fact I just went to my buddies BBQ on Thursday and he is a cop from 52 Division and he never beat the crap out of me for not handing him a cold brewski,but of course I wasnt holding a brick,carrying a knapsack or wearing a blackhoodie..I must be the only residence of Toronto that didnt get arrested or received a smack down.
__________________
.Never banned but came very close..three times
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #64
M3speed
6th Gear Member
 
M3speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
its been almost two weeks since the infamous riots of TO...the so call beginning of the police state never materialized.The cameras are coming down,the sound cannon is being stored,the so call "blue storm troopers" are going on vacation and they earned the rest.Our charter of rights is the same except for a few people who thinks getting they bags searched in a area which the police tagged as a protected zone for the G20 or those who whined about getting detained for 24 hours it back to normal.I havent heard of any stories about our state police storming houses with no warrants,I havent heard of any body being jailed carrying a bag within the last 24 hours,I havent heard of any stories about banning a religion because of a threat to our country,in fact its been a great week except the blazing heat we faced.I just paid my monthly taxes which I hate of course but my civil rights is still there.In fact I just went to my buddies BBQ on Thursday and he is a cop from 52 Division and he never beat the crap out of me for not handing him a cold brewski,but of course I wasnt holding a brick,carrying a knapsack or wearing a blackhoodie..I must be the only residence of Toronto that didnt get arrested or received a smack down.
M3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #65
davericher20
black and blue
 
davericher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2 storey 3 bedroom 1 car garage
Posts: 3,607
^^Damn, you're right! I can't believe it all hasn't unfolded? We were all wrong for thinking that the G20 would spark the beginning of martial law and we would have to rally and start the revolution. Wait, which articles did we post say all that? Except for the concern that they wouldn't get rid of the 5 metre ****ING FAKE law?
A little lie never hurt anyone......beg forgiveness instead of asking permission is my motto, it must be theirs too.
It's not what happens immediately after btw. Its the precedent it sets for the future.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:02 PM   #66
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3speed View Post
i do not agree with you. Its not about martial law, its about the precedent for the future. They prod and test to see just how far they can take things. Surely you see this no?
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:38 AM   #67
daytona
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,715
do me a favor and wake me up when the revolution has ended...yawn............
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #68
black bnr32
3rd Gear Member
 
black bnr32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: saskatoon
Posts: 451
bmdbley's bro got called out for NOT showing his face at G20.

I wanna here this tool address this.
black bnr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #69
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
How much have you done other than here? Those people went out there and got in the faces of all the cameras. Right or wrong, they got their message out. Do you think what you're doing here is accomplishing something?

lol, so if you didn't go protest, you have absolutely no right to criticize the actions of our government? is that what you are trying to say? Im not trying to do anything here, its a discussion board.. A waste of time. But there are people behind those aliases. And Im sure that a few people will have their opinions swayed, or at least learn something.
__________________

Last edited by sirex; 07-11-2010 at 04:59 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #70
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
its been almost two weeks since the infamous riots of TO...the so call beginning of the police state never materialized.The cameras are coming down,the sound cannon is being stored,the so call "blue storm troopers" are going on vacation and they earned the rest.Our charter of rights is the same except for a few people who thinks getting they bags searched in a area which the police tagged as a protected zone for the G20 or those who whined about getting detained for 24 hours it back to normal.I havent heard of any stories about our state police storming houses with no warrants,I havent heard of any body being jailed carrying a bag within the last 24 hours,I havent heard of any stories about banning a religion because of a threat to our country,in fact its been a great week except the blazing heat we faced.I just paid my monthly taxes which I hate of course but my civil rights is still there.In fact I just went to my buddies BBQ on Thursday and he is a cop from 52 Division and he never beat the crap out of me for not handing him a cold brewski,but of course I wasnt holding a brick,carrying a knapsack or wearing a blackhoodie..I must be the only residence of Toronto that didnt get arrested or received a smack down.


And Really BigD, these are the types of posts that you support and agree with????
__________________

Last edited by sirex; 07-11-2010 at 04:58 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:03 AM   #71
daytona
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by black bnr32 View Post
bmdbley's bro got called out for NOT showing his face at G20.

I wanna here this tool address this.
he was there holding the camera phone and sceaming "pigs must die"..."police state".....then he got hungry and went to Micky D's.....or hes with Sirex planning the take over of the world on the keyboard...myself I watched the riots from a bar in Oakville among the capitalist pigs.Sirex Im pulling your strings,I admire your stance against the government but we all know your doing nothing to change it.Discussing things on the net is the new platform of this generation but this generation never really faces the hardships of those in the 50's-60's where the true human rights activists were born,what we saw at the G20 is wannabe rioters who seen a chance to cause mayhem among the crowd of people.
__________________
.Never banned but came very close..three times

Last edited by daytona; 07-12-2010 at 10:19 AM.
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #72
BigD
the misanthropist
 
BigD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: a house
Posts: 6,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
And Really BigD, these are the types of posts that you support and agree with????
Factual and grounded in reality... hmm, yessir. When I recently went to visit a guy who's a Halton cop, he didn't seem to want to search my bags or beat me up either, just gave me a beer and showed me his new racecar.

I know that sensationalizing all this bullshit makes your sheltered and mundane life feel more exciting and purposeful but, as you may or may not one day realize, it's pretty sad.
__________________
BigD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:14 PM   #73
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,843
What does an anecdote about a cop have to do with how police officers treated protesters and non protesters?

The lies that the police chief fed the city?

Where is the sensationalism in the facts? Sure, maybe the tin foil hat theories are a bit over the edge, the "what ifs" aside though how exactly what the police did okay with you? That's what I fail to understand by your argument.

I also dont see how turning to personal attacks aids what you have to say..
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #74
davericher20
black and blue
 
davericher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2 storey 3 bedroom 1 car garage
Posts: 3,607
ya really, I also have a friend who's a cop for york region. Whoopde ****in doo.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #75
BigD
the misanthropist
 
BigD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: a house
Posts: 6,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
What does an anecdote about a cop have to do with how police officers treated protesters and non protesters?

The lies that the police chief fed the city?

Where is the sensationalism in the facts? Sure, maybe the tin foil hat theories are a bit over the edge, the "what ifs" aside though how exactly what the police did okay with you? That's what I fail to understand by your argument.

I also dont see how turning to personal attacks aids what you have to say..
The anecdotes are tongue-in-cheek real-life examples of how nothing has changed in a way that matters.

I apologize if you take offense at what I said. I actually feel you've got some good processing power up there, it would just do everyone more good if it was applied in a more constructive way (even if that is to change the city/country/world, as long as it's in a practical and gainful way). EDIT PS: so it's frustrating to see you join the tinfoil lemming herd and I probably came off as more of a douche than I meant to
__________________

Last edited by BigD; 07-12-2010 at 03:34 PM.
BigD is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015