Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #31
M3speed
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
lol 'expressing mah rights' didn't you see any of the 10,000 vids? there were 'no rights' it was a police state! they were in fact doing whatever they wanted to whomever they wanted to -20,000 of em

How did 20,000 cops all hot & horny at the prospect of beating some 'hippies'
let 200+ of them rampage for over an hour?

the point is, you spam this forum with nothing but anti-police, police state, anti-government posts and yet you weren't down there protesting about any of this???

what good is it doing posting your "mumbo jumbo" on here??? Many of us don't agree with your views, plain and simple..you're not getting your message across by posting this stuff on a car forum...if you're so hardcore about these issues..do something!!! don't just sit behind a computer monitor and type blah blah blah blah all the time

let's see a video of you expressing your charter of rights and freedoms on a cop in this city..that's a video i'd love to see

posting on here is just annoying people!
M3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #32
joeyg
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc12 View Post
regarding this topic, i heard rumors that the police cars that were set on fire were un-plated... any truth to this?
That rumour is a crock of BS, same as the one that the cruisers were left as bait for the protesters to burn to justify police actions.

In this video about 42 seconds in, I see a plate on the front of the cruiser and I see a cop inside of it when it was first attacked by protesters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOjGdvju-po

The cruisers were abandoned because the police got caught by surprise and had to bail, ended up having to leave the cruisers behind because of the protesters attacking them.

The other stupid rumour was that the police let the cruisers continue to burn to again justify their agenda. The cruisers being left to burn because the area was unsafe for the fire dept. The fire dept will not go into extinguish the flames until the area is secure and it took awhile to do that.
2010 Lexus IS250 F-Sport StarFire Pearl(sold)
2008 BMW 135i Alpine White (sold)
joeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #33
joeyg
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnykiller View Post
Seriously you guys are ****ed. That screaming bitch was tottaly disturbing the peace and they had to remove her before things got out of control. ****ing ppl want to live in the best country on earth but bitch and moan when they try to keep order.
+1 on that.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #34
M3speed
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg View Post
That rumour is a crock of BS, same as the one that the cruisers were left as bait for the protesters to burn to justify police actions.

In this video about 42 seconds in, I see a plate on the front of the cruiser and I see a cop inside of it when it was first attacked by protesters.

The cruisers were abandoned because the police got caught by surprise and had to bail, ended up having to leave the cruisers behind because of the protesters attacking them.

The other stupid rumour was that the police let the cruisers continue to burn to again justify their agenda. The cruisers being left to burn because the area was unsafe for the fire dept. The fire dept will not go into extinguish the flames until the area is secure and it took awhile to do that.
+1 very true!

Dumbass protesters love to make up these ridiculous rumours so they can use them as an excuse to "fight the power" and to say "it's the police's fault, they left the cars as bait so we had to destroy them!" lol retards!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:40 PM   #35
98M3NACE
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3speed View Post
the point is, you spam this forum with nothing but anti-police, police state, anti-government posts and yet you weren't down there protesting about any of this???

what good is it doing posting your "mumbo jumbo" on here??? Many of us don't agree with your views, plain and simple..you're not getting your message across by posting this stuff on a car forum...if you're so hardcore about these issues..do something!!! don't just sit behind a computer monitor and type blah blah blah blah all the time

let's see a video of you expressing your charter of rights and freedoms on a cop in this city..that's a video i'd love to see

took the words right out of my mouth, go get a job as a lobbyist instead of watching youtube vids all day and posting them on here
Old 07-07-2010, 12:52 AM   #36
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

From what I've read, most of the "horror stories" regarding treatment while being arrested or detained are coming from journalists. These people stand to benefit from the publicity that the story gets them.

My friend is a camera man for a "Major" Canadian network (I know, it's an oxymororn) however; he went, filmed, and came home - no issues.

It also seems like, of those interviewed, nobody was doing anything wrong, just minding their own business, then got attacked by police. BS!

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:38 AM   #37
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnykiller View Post
It's inevitable for government and people in power to be corrupt, some more than others.

It's human nature.
example. Say you walk into ur office and you see ur favorate sandwich at the table but you don't know whos it is so you dont take it. Now picture walking into that office everyday of ur life with a fresh sandwich being there. Maybe for the first 100 days you don't take it but eventually you are gonna walk in and be like 'hmm im hungry and gonna eat that shit up'.
thanks for conceding at least that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98M3NACE View Post
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/G.../14485786.html

link, surprised you could not find it
'theater' its good they stopped the guy whatever he was upto, but obviously they knew before hand and had him under survailence long before.

some radio show was saying that 70 + university students were raided and arrested days before, and also raids of homes, arrests - like the guy in the above story.

Quote:

where to even start. lies. its offtopic, so be quiet. why not be an adult & not read my threads if they irratate you so much. sorry we can't all have a 'cops are infalable & awesome' uniform single attitudes or opinions.

I mean what is your opinion so far: 'all protestors are hippy scum and the cops didn't arrest any1 that didn't deserve it (100%)' ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg View Post

at 2mins of that vid they show horse shit which is what the whole thing is!
20K riot cops, pre-emptive raids & arrests, martial law.. but yeah they got taken by surprise few back i posted how it was witnessed that they left the cars there & let violent protestors run free for 1.5hrs!!
in the very video you post you see cops re-swarm around their own car.
then they back away? why didn't see anything getting thrown at them?
go watch a few vids of the greece riots if you or any of you want to see real violent protests.

---
and the cancer of tyranny is spreading?

Quote:
A man arrested at Thursday’s march against police repression around the G20 Summit has come forward to reveal that he was assaulted by undercover “agents provocateurs” when he attempted to film them.

While 1,000 Montrealers, including many parents with young children, marched to denounce the abusive police treatment of G20 protestors, Montreal police apparently attempted to introduce agent provocateurs into the march. The provocateurs were spotted trying to enter the march on Sherbrooke Street, but were forced out by attentive march organizers. Two videos of the group of provocateurs were posted on youtube on Friday:

“They were big guys, looking like thugs. In fact, they looked very much like the police provocateurs who were caught on video carrying rocks at the protest against the Security and Prosperity Partnership in Montebello, Quebec in August 2007,” stated Scott Weinstein, who decided to bicycle over to film the group when informed of their presence.

When he caught up to them, the provocateurs were walking one block east of the march, on St-Dominique, parallel to most of the children and babies who tended to be near the end of the march“The police had no business playing these games and threatening violence, especially when so many children were present,” explained Weinstein, a health care worker and photographer. “Their strategy is totally unacceptable.”

The group quickly surrounded Weinstein, grabbed him and attempted to take his camera from him. He refused to let go. They dragged Weinstein to the sidewalk and kneed him until he could no longer hold onto the camera. “I knew they wanted to erase the evidence, especially since I didn’t hide I was filming them. I made sure not to touch them, instead I tried to protect myself in a fetal position and screamed for help.”

Janet Cleveland, a psychologist, was leaving the march and returning home when she heard screams. “I saw 5 or 6 burly young guys dressed in black forming a tight circle around someone, holding his hands behind his back and pushing his face to the pavement while he screamed for help. It was scary – my first thought was that they might be skinheads beating somebody up. There was no way to tell the difference. But they told me that they were police and that I should stay away.”

Cleveland stayed to watch as Weinstein was forced into a police car and then alerted Quebec Solidaire MPP Amir Khadir, who also attended the march. Khadir intervened with the police immediately after the arrest to denounce the arbitrary, abusive and illegal character of Weinstein’s arrest.

“Quebec citizens expect the police to respect the democratic rights of people who demonstrate”, stated Khadir. “Dissent and opposition are not only permitted in this country, but must also be protected and celebrated. I am particularly proud of people like Scott who protest peacefully to denounce the abuse and violence of police repression in Toronto. It is unacceptable that Montreal police use the same tricks that led to the excesses of the security agencies in Toronto,” he stated.

Three police ethics commission reports in April 2010 found that filming the police is legal.

Weinstein was released the same evening but faces bogus charges of assault with a weapon. According to a police spokesperson, his bicycle was the weapon. However, as events revealed, Weinstein’s real “weapon” was his camera: when police returned it to him, all video and photo material had been erased.

Luckily for Weinstein, a bystander caught the incident on camera and posted it to youtube. Weinstein is trying to get in touch with this person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLFS1...layer_embedded

you can hear the guy yelling help - wow look at all those protestors in montreal whole street is cops!

Old 07-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #38
M3speed
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
where to even start. lies. its offtopic, so be quiet. why not be an adult & not read my threads if they irratate you so much. sorry we can't all have a 'cops are infalable & awesome' uniform single attitudes or opinions.

I mean what is your opinion so far: 'all protestors are hippy scum and the cops didn't arrest any1 that didn't deserve it (100%)' ??

yet again, another pointless reply

and yet again, you've avoided my questions and suggestions...you've just replied in a manner that's of benefit to you as usual... just like in other threads that i've commented on your posts

again i will ask, if you are so passionate and hardcore on these issues, why were you not down there expressing your views instead of posting them in an off topic section in a car forum???????

what good is posting on here going to do??? is it changing anything for you???

Instead of Whining about everything the Police and Government do, why not do something about it??

why not express your rights and civil liberties next time you deal with a cop in this city??? ... i haven't read any posts or seen any videos of your interaction with a cop???

your posts on a car forum are useless, get off the computer and do something about it instead of bla bla bla bla all the time...posting on here isn't changing anything!

I will read your posts and comment on them if i choose too, many times i don't bother reading them because it's always the same garbage! do you ever post anything other than the usual crap??

I have my opinion and you have yours, that's why they're called opinions, but i can tell you i speak for majority of people that are on this forum..most of them don't even bother posting because with you it's just going to be a back and forth posting war..most people on here are annoyed by all the insane spamming you do with your off topic threads!

if you're so anti-police, what's going to happen if your house gets broken into? you car stolen? you get assaulted? you get robbed?? what will you do then?? will you call the all-mighty power tripping rights violating Police??????....oh i think you will...ironic isn't it???

when they find and arrest the scumbag who robbed you, stole your car etc... then they're heroes and did an awesome job! but if they somehow violated one of his rights during the process! oh no! they are the devil! the bad guy shouldn't get arrested! he's got rights even though he stole my car! give him a chance! let him hug a tree!!

maybe because you are so anti-police you shouldn't have the right to call them if you need them? wouldn't that be something!

Last edited by M3speed; 07-07-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:48 PM   #39
aspen540
2nd Gear Member

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1629281/

Fifteen members of the RCMP Vancouver 2010 Integrated Security Unit were sent home during the Games for misconduct that included skipping out of work to catch a hockey game and breaching a confidentiality agreement by taking pictures of Team Canada jerseys.

Another officer was sent home for coming to work without bullets. The majority of the incidents, however, involved “inappropriate intoxication,” allegations of unwanted sexual advances, and altercations between police officers and staff on the cruise ship that housed members of the security unit. One officer, RCMP Staff Sergeant Suzanne Denise Marie Martel of Ottawa, was criminally charged with shoplifting at a Burnaby store.

Several of the incidents involved police officers leaving unsecured guns lying around, in places including a washroom, their bedrooms and Vancouver airport. A few other complaints involved officers using foul or disrespectful language.

One officer was accused of trespassing into a rail yard and throwing rocks at parked train cars, while another was found sleeping on the job. It was also alleged that an RCMP officer grabbed an Estonian dignitary and ripped his suit. The police also disclosed that one officer called 911 from his cruise ship accommodation while he was drunk.

One of the more bizarre allegations was that a person wearing a balaclava at a Whistler gas station refused to take it off and showed police credentials before leaving. He could not be identified and the file was closed. There were three other instances where the police officers involved in the complaints could not be identified.
aspen540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:33 PM   #40
Michel
6th Gear Member

Quote:

and yet again, you've avoided my questions and suggestions...you've just replied in a manner that's of benefit to you as usual... just like in other threads that i've commented on your posts

again i will ask, if you are so passionate and hardcore on these issues, why were you not down there expressing your views instead of posting them in an off topic section in a car forum???????

Instead of Whining about everything the Police and Government do, why not do something about it??

why not express your rights and civil liberties next time you deal with a cop in this city??? ... i haven't read any posts or seen any videos of your interaction with a cop???

your posts on a car forum are useless, get off the computer and do something about it instead of bla bla bla bla all the time...posting on here isn't changing anything!

I will read your posts and comment on them if i choose too, many times i don't bother reading them because it's always the same garbage! do you ever post anything other than the usual crap??

I have my opinion and you have yours, that's why they're called opinions, but i can tell you i speak for majority of people that are on this forum..most of them don't even bother posting because with you it's just going to be a back and forth posting war..most people on here and annoyed by all the insane spamming you do with your off topic threads!

if you're so anti-police, what's going to happen if your house gets broken into? you car stolen? you get assaulted? you get robbed?? what will you do then?? will you call the all-mighty power tripping rights violating Police??????....oh i think you will...ironic isn't it???

when they find and arrest the scumbag who robbed you, stole your car etc... then they're heroes and did an awesome job! but if they somehow violated one of his rights during the process! oh no! they are the devil! the bad guy shouldn't get arrested! he's got rights even though he stole my car! give him a chance! let him hug a tree!!

maybe because you are so anti-police you shouldn't have the right to call them if you need them? wouldn't that be something!
you're my hero. that is all.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #41
aspen540
2nd Gear Member

Quote:

I have my opinion and you have yours, that's why they're called opinions, but i can tell you i speak for majority of people that are on this forum..most of them don't even bother posting because with you it's just going to be a back and forth posting war..most people on here and annoyed by all the insane spamming you do with your off topic threads!

you talk enough bullshit yo
aspen540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #42
BigD
the misanthropist

Guys like M3speed and daytona keep this place from turning into a complete tard fest. Thanks guys.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #43
joeyg
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan27 View Post
From what I've read, most of the "horror stories" regarding treatment while being arrested or detained are coming from journalists. These people stand to benefit from the publicity that the story gets them.

My friend is a camera man for a "Major" Canadian network (I know, it's an oxymororn) however; he went, filmed, and came home - no issues.

It also seems like, of those interviewed, nobody was doing anything wrong, just minding their own business, then got attacked by police. BS!
Some legitimate protesters were complaining today in the media that the media only seemed interested in filming the mayhem rather than their cause, so the above statement is very true. Filming a boring protest just won't get good ratings, but the mayhem angle will.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #44
sirex
King Sirex

shots shots shots
Old 07-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #45
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member

**** yo couch!
bunnykiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread