Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #16
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member

Seriously all jokes aside, Macs are for wussies and PC's don't work if you dont know how to use them. Only thing Macs are good for is media. Other then that they don't even come close.
bunnykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #17
Mad Cow
2nd Gear Member

Win7 is far from bloated, I installed a copy of Home on my mom's old Celeron M laptop and it ran better than XP Home ever did. If you get the cut-down versions they're surprisingly fast, faster than the cut-down versions of Vista and XP.

And like pretty much everyone has said, ipad is nothing special whatsoever. It's practically useless and I could see their novelty wearing off in a matter of months.
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:45 PM   #18
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
He said to bloated to be useful on a portable device...

I think the ipad is silly 0 appeal to me.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:54 PM   #19
daytona
6th Gear Member

Sirex is right,sales doesnt mean the product is superior..remember the pet rock..they sold 5 million of those thing because of publicity.Its a fricking rock...ipad is nice and pretty,the apps are good,apple knows which buttons to push to make the consumer wants things not needs.You actually think apple has cutting edge technology?...they make fashionable trendy electronic items that caters to the deep pocket generation y's........
Old 06-25-2010, 01:52 AM   #20
Ihavenocar
2nd Gear Member

Microsoft over Apple !
Ihavenocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:41 AM   #21
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

It's not only sales, but in order for a product to mature it needs to capture market share.
For something like an "AppStore" to succeed it needs to have a strong user base and quality apps. And the only way developers will make quality apps is if they get paid or people will actually buy them. So without sales alot of the above isn't possible.

Which would you prefer, selling a $0.99 app to a base of who knows how many million, or a smaller community who probably won't pay for anything no matter how good it is?

Right now BB AppWorld, Android Market are no where near as profitable, nor have the amount of quality applications. (Yes the AppStore has alot of useless ones, but there is alot more innovation there as a whole).

So again, yes the toshiba device is awesome technology, but it will never 'kill' the iPad as the OP suggest. The OP never defined 'kill' but usually it would mean taking out the competitor, which i see no netbook or similar device doing anytime soon.

I don't own an iPad nor to I plan to, i'm just saying Apple has a better business strategy than any of the NetBook/eReaders/etc and they are doing a better job at pushing the industry forward.

Now with AdMob to generate ad revenue for free apps, i think developers have even more incentives.

There seems to be as many fanboi haters than there are fanbois these days.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #22
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
It's not only sales, but in order for a product to mature it needs to capture market share.
For something like an "AppStore" to succeed it needs to have a strong user base and quality apps. And the only way developers will make quality apps is if they get paid or people will actually buy them. So without sales alot of the above isn't possible.

Which would you prefer, selling a $0.99 app to a base of who knows how many million, or a smaller community who probably won't pay for anything no matter how good it is?

Right now BB AppWorld, Android Market are no where near as profitable, nor have the amount of quality applications. (Yes the AppStore has alot of useless ones, but there is alot more innovation there as a whole).

So again, yes the toshiba device is awesome technology, but it will never 'kill' the iPad as the OP suggest. The OP never defined 'kill' but usually it would mean taking out the competitor, which i see no netbook or similar device doing anytime soon.

I don't own an iPad nor to I plan to, i'm just saying Apple has a better business strategy than any of the NetBook/eReaders/etc and they are doing a better job at pushing the industry forward.

Now with AdMob to generate ad revenue for free apps, i think developers have even more incentives.

There seems to be as many fanboi haters than there are fanbois these days.
(too the bolded part)

No they dont. Acer is the world leader in notebook/netbook sales. Apple doesn't even come close to touching that market and they never will, because its the one market that they cant compete since their products are so far behind..

Apple excelts with fancy gadgets that appeal to deep pockets, like Daytona said. The technology they have is more or less bullshit, and not cutting edge. (Saddest part when they switched to intel. Way to go Apple, youre so special and ****ing unique you switched to intel. I would have given APPLE credit if they started working with texas instruments or something unique to make some processors, hell even AMD, but they are just a POS company that htinks they are all cool and shit.). The Ipphone is like the palm os tugsten t3 that came out like 10 years ago with 8 gbs of memory. the only thing was then it didn't have a phone.

The ipod, you have to change your music into apples format to use.

THE ONLY industry they are pushing forward is purchasing music, videos online through itunes. Infact I would give them alot of credit for this because Itunes is one of the only music stores that actually works to this extent.

HOWEVER, they created an artificial demand for the APP Store and ITUNES because the stupid products WONT WORK without those programs, and without the app store their products are ****ing bricks anyway because no other software in existance works with their peice of shit.

Im not saying apple is doing a bad job. They are really good at marketing their products to the stupid hipsters that are buying them who think they are special, and unique, and all full of culture and shit cuz they own an ipod, or iphone.

My argument was never to say that apple is doing a bad job at marketing. Im just saying their products are shit, and if you know what you want to buy and need shit that works, You dont buy Apple.

but if it makes you feel better, YES you are right, no product is going to kill apple.

Last edited by sirex; 06-25-2010 at 07:01 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:28 AM   #23
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member

Yea, I don't really like iTunes. I remember buying a few songs there a few years ago and when I formated I had to pay for them again. ****ing piss off that's when I found out about this place, http://mp3suite.com/ . Yes they are everything they claim to be, been using it for years and found songs there that I couldn't find on iTunes. Unlimited downloads one time fee good speeds and they have movies too. http://mp3suite.com/ all the way!!
bunnykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:20 AM   #24
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
My argument was never to say that apple is doing a bad job at marketing. Im just saying their products are shit, and if you know what you want to buy and need shit that works, You dont buy Apple.
Well all I'm staying if their products are so shit why are they selling as much as they do? Why do people line up on release day? Why do they sell out?

Yes nothing is cutting edge, but why has no one ever lined up for another phone/netbook/ereader on launch? And it can't be All marketing, ppl would have seen thru that and not keep doing it product after product.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:34 AM   #25
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
(too the bolded part) The ipod, you have to change your music into apples format to use.

HOWEVER, they created an artificial demand for the APP Store and ITUNES because the stupid products WONT WORK without those programs, and without the app store their products are ****ing bricks anyway because no other software in existance works with their peice of shit.
+1
This pretty much sums up why I hate apple, and why I want to punch people in the chest when I hear then talking about apple products and how they are the best thing since sliced bread

But kudos to apple for building a customer base that's willing to bend way over and take it hard every 4 or 5 months when a new version on their product comes out and the only change is an additional feature that should have been available from the get go 4 months earlier.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #26
daytona
6th Gear Member

"Well all I'm staying if their products are so shit why are they selling as much as they do? Why do people line up on release day? Why do they sell out?"

its called mass marketing..put up some trendy ads making people think they are "rebelling" against the establishment by buying Steve Jobs magically machine.At one time Apple was the rebel in computing now they are another huge industry that will sue anyone they think can use their items without paying fees.There was a great article about Apple and their changing environment from being a "people's company" to a cut throat mega corporation.The good example was the G4 phone and the way they had the police break into the person home at night and arrest him.Bottom line is Apple spends probably more money on ads and image than they spend on improving their software and hardware.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:05 AM   #27
canuckder
4th Gear Member

so, i was in need of a new laptop. i was considering the ipad. After using the store demo for a few minutes, it seems almost useless for me. You cant put any type of cds, im pretty sure you can only installe there apps/programs. which half of my documents are already in a microsoft word/power point etc.

I ended up buying a laptop, the same price as the ipad. i think it was the right choice. but im still very curious, do people need both? ipad cant replace a laptop, but what would be the main use for it? it doesnt appeal to me, you cant even burn a simple cd on it. i cant upload my old files to it.

I have the iphone, and its awesome. probably a break threw for phones. i just dont udnerstand what the main use for the ipad is. it seems almost useless for everyday applications. or even business applications,

and, they advertise, all the apps you could want. DO you still have to pay for them? or are they"free" with the ipad
canuckder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:31 AM   #28
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Well all I'm staying if their products are so shit why are they selling as much as they do? Why do people line up on release day? Why do they sell out?

Yes nothing is cutting edge, but why has no one ever lined up for another phone/netbook/ereader on launch? And it can't be All marketing, ppl would have seen thru that and not keep doing it product after product.
PEOPLE LINE UP TO SEE ****ING TEENAGE VAMPIRES MAKE OUT.

I mean really, come on.

Last edited by sirex; 06-27-2010 at 12:35 AM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:20 AM   #29
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
volountarily waiting for anything is ****ing retarded.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: