I’m not too happy about it, but up for sale is my 1985 BMW 325e.
I’m moving to Montreal and I’ve decided to go car free. I have nowhere to park this, and I’d constantly be worried that something would happen to it on the street, so I figure it’s best to leave it in the hands of someone who might be able to take care of it.
Ideally, this car is an absolutely perfect turbo project for someone… everything is basically ready to go. Stand alone engine management, and a rebuilt engine with some perks.
Here are the bullets:
Rebuilt about 3 years ago, this is an ETA bottom end with 325i head for the higher rev range. It basically drives the way a normal 325i would at this point. It runs on a Megasquirt 2 engine management system. The rebuild included new rod bolts, new bearings, all the seals were done, new timing belt, water pump, pistons and rings. The crankshaft was replaced with a forged 524TD one, so it can take a lot of grunt. The coolant channels are welded to take extra pressure. Wideband O2 sensor installed for further tuning needs.
Mileage: 282,000km on the chassis, about 10,000km on the engine.
- The transmission shifts smoothly and makes no funny noises, new shifter bushings last year
- Stage 3+ clutch
- 3.73 LSD, in good shape, doesn’t make any noise.
- Eibach pro kit springs, healthy shocks (mostly)
- 16” Koenig Remembers with Goodyear Eagles, good for another few seasons
- Rust Free! Really! Two years ago, this car underwent massive body restoration. All the bad spots were cut out, and fresh metal put in its place (no bondo). After the body was smoothed out, it got a full new paint job, including all the tricky spots and the entire engine bay. The guys working on the paint really went above and beyond what they would typically do, and the result was a fantastic paint job you really need to see in person to appreciate. Absolute minimum amounts of orange peel for very clear reflections, and the colour under the right light looks deeper than the ocean.
- Full plastic bumper conversion on the 1985 body. Reiger Infinity rep lip on the front, zender replica sideskirts, and Mtech II rep rear valence.
- Painted Mauritius Blue, and seldom driven over the last two years since painted… so very few rock chips.
- Original Blue cloth sport interior, in very good condition.
- No tears or stains in any seats, driver seat is still very intact with very little wear from entry/exit
- M-tech II steering wheel
- ZHP shift knob
- Alpine stereo system
- 2.25” from top to bottom, with a Magnaflow muffler and Magnaflow high flow cats.
- The best part… emissions exempt! This is an ’85.
- Needs new front shock and a new tie rod.
- Slow drain on battery from fuse 21. There is a killswitch installed on the battery to prevent it from dying.
Like I said, this car is really an ideal turbo project. All you need to do is bolt on the turbo and tune it, everything else is in and ready to go. The engine is really overbuilt, and with the forged crank it can take all kinds of pressure.
The car also comes with a few goodies… HP laptop with Megatune installed for connecting to the MS, custom fit car cover, a few spare parts if you want them, maintenance manual, etc.
If you’re interested, PM me or call 905 251 3993. Leave a message if I don’t answer, I get bad reception at home. I don’t have that much time on my hands, so please only serious inquiries.
Asking $7,500. I absolutely have to get rid of this car as soon as possible!!
I’m moving and I don’t have time to waste… come look at the car and we’ll work something out. I am a very motivated seller, I just need it off my hands and into those of someone who can really use it to it’s full potential!