Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-24-2010, 01:18 PM   #16
oldskool3
4th Gear Member

Haiti's was a 7.0 so I would have been jumping out the window. Although our structures are apparently built to withstand earthquakes and there's probably not.
oldskool3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:46 PM   #17
Philboski
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
I believe the Richter scale is logarithmic, and increasing the number by one (5 to 6) doubles its strength, so a 7 would have been catastrophic. Like, death and stuff. And broken things.
From Wikipedia (so take it with a grain of salt) : The Richter magnitude scale, also known as the local magnitude (ML) scale, assigns a single number to quantify the amount of seismic energy released by an earthquake. It is a base-10 logarithmic scale obtained by calculating the logarithm of the combined horizontal amplitude (shaking amplitude) of the largest displacement from zero on a particular type of seismometer (Wood–Anderson torsion). So, for example, an earthquake that measures 5.0 on the Richter scale has a shaking amplitude 10 times larger than one that measures 4.0.

A seven on the Richter Scale = us being f%^$ed.

Is it sad that I was kind of hoping the parking garage would collapse yesterday so I could get a new car?
Philboski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:53 PM   #18
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

10 times, hole ee shit!
Old 06-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #19
bmwconnect
BMW Tuner

I watched our house walls deflect by about 6 inches it seemed, but amazingly there is only a few small cracks in the drywall. Also about fifteen seconds before we felt it, the dog started barking for no reason, witch I think is purity cool.
bmwconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:51 PM   #20
gervs
2nd Gear Member

I was at the lights of Greber and Maloney. Thought it was the paving machine they have going there at first. Then it felt like 10 guys ran up on me and were trying to flip my car rocking it side to side, but there was no one in the rear view, second thought was WTF, there is someone in my trunk!
I finally looked around then saw the SUV beside me rocking out like it was on hydrolics and then street sings and lights posts swaying pretty hard.
A little old lady on the other side of me rolled down her window and asked me if I felt that, lol.

I heard it's because Quebec was trying to seperate for St-Jean!!! lol
gervs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:41 PM   #21
carjoe
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philboski View Post

Is it sad that I was kind of hoping the parking garage would collapse yesterday so I could get a new car?
Nope. I secretly hope someone smacks the side of my car so I can get parts of it repainted...totalled would just be a kickass excuse to buy the 03 M sport at Luxury auto...

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

carjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #22
540iM
2nd Gear Member

I was in the air coming back from vacation. Needless to say that I didn't feel a thing but the captian warned that we may be in the air more than expected as I was somewhere over Quebec near by. I wish I was on the ground...
540iM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:45 PM   #23
bmwconnect
BMW Tuner

this one is my fav http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKKAEkybanQ
bmwconnect is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: