Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #16
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
i'm gonna do this when it gets cold. I'm kindof thinking of victoria though.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:19 PM   #17
nonlocal
Last of the Late-Brakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytro View Post
Actually it wasn't a "road trip" it was more like "screw you Toronto, it is time for me to get a life" permanent move. Kelowna BC is fantastic! best place on earth. (yeah I was heading to Calgary originally but will stick around here) People here live difference lifestyles. It has been 3 days and I might get a job here (fingers crossed)
Good on you. My enthusiasm for cars notwithstanding, this is the real reason I undertake the expense of owning a car in Toronto when I could take transit mostly anywhere I *need* to go and rent a car when I wanted to... I need to know I have the freedom to pack up and **** off for somewhere-anywhere else if it all really gets too much some day. Sounds a little extreme to some of the picket-fence and job-security set I guess but I love hearing other people's stories of doing exactly that.

Congratulations and enjoy all the best-coast has to offer... mountain roads especially!
nonlocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:19 PM   #18
Ceeker
Parts hoarding partner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytro View Post
Most of the time the temp in coolant stayed below half mark (that's if my gauge actually works) I did make stops to check oil and cool down. Besides I get tired faster ...those E30 seats are not the best I did change the timing belt and all belts, rotors and breaks (thanks to Ceeker here at max , and he gave me motivation to change the timing belt myself)

Stuck around in Calgary for 2 days was nice, but I pushed it a bit further. drove to Kelowna BC and so far I like it a LOT here.

some pics

Lake Louise in Banff National Park.

Tea House

Lake Louise top view

Lucky shot

Glacier meltdown ...fascinating (British Columbia)

E30 was there too.
it was my pleasure to help out! great that you found your new home. nice to hear you made it safely with minimal problems. at least now, I know of a place I can stay if I move out there..lol

I think I've had 14 bmw's in 4 years.
2 IX's -sold and parts
2 325i 4 dr - sold
4 318is all white - sold and parts
1 87 325is red - parts
1 89 325i vert grey - parts
1 90 325is white - keepin
1 87 325i vert -red - keepin
latest addition 1 88-325is red - parts
latest addition 1 89-325i vert - white -fixin/sold
latest addition 1 92-318i vert - blue - parts
latest addition 1 87 325is blk - parts.

latest addition as of 2013-Gold 87-325is auto! it's a keeper!
Ceeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:33 PM   #19
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

Nice Drive, I once drove from Toronto to Alaska then north to Inuvik, total 3mth road trip 12000km there and back. When I saw the pic. Camping, brought back all my memories, I am glad there are others that appreciate what this place has to offer!! Much Respect!
parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:43 PM   #20
seankim228
2nd Gear Member

I should become a farmer in BC..
seankim228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #21
lgb240
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like a great trip. My dad and I drove to Lethbridge a few years ago - I bought a '68 Datsun Roadster; we trailered it back - did the round trip in 6 days - It was a great trip, good father / son bonding (he passed away last year, so I look back with fond memories)

On a side note ... last month I did Road Atlanta (about 3000km round trip) then a week later did Vintage at the Vinyards in North Carolina (about 2500km round trip). No issues whatsoever (touch wood) just an oil change. Put's the 'T' in Touring!!

lgb240
E30 Touring

Last edited by lgb240; 06-24-2010 at 10:31 PM.
lgb240 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: