Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
Fel
Not Banned

For Sale: 1985 BMW 325e - Clean

I’m not too happy about it, but up for sale is my 1985 BMW 325e.

I’m moving to Montreal and I’ve decided to go car free. I have nowhere to park this, and I’d constantly be worried that something would happen to it on the street, so I figure it’s best to leave it in the hands of someone who might be able to take care of it.

Ideally, this car is an absolutely perfect turbo project for someone… everything is basically ready to go. Stand alone engine management, and a rebuilt engine with some perks.

Here are the bullets:

Engine:
Rebuilt about 3 years ago, this is an ETA bottom end with 325i head for the higher rev range. It basically drives the way a normal 325i would at this point. It runs on a Megasquirt 2 engine management system. The rebuild included new rod bolts, new bearings, all the seals were done, new timing belt, water pump, pistons and rings. The crankshaft was replaced with a forged 524TD one, so it can take a lot of grunt. The coolant channels are welded to take extra pressure. Wideband O2 sensor installed for further tuning needs.
Mileage: 282,000km on the chassis, about 10,000km on the engine.

Drivetrain/Suspension
- The transmission shifts smoothly and makes no funny noises, new shifter bushings last year
- Stage 3+ clutch
- 3.73 LSD, in good shape, doesn’t make any noise.
- Eibach pro kit springs, healthy shocks (mostly)
- 16” Koenig Remembers with Goodyear Eagles, good for another few seasons

Body
- Rust Free! Really! Two years ago, this car underwent massive body restoration. All the bad spots were cut out, and fresh metal put in its place (no bondo). After the body was smoothed out, it got a full new paint job, including all the tricky spots and the entire engine bay. The guys working on the paint really went above and beyond what they would typically do, and the result was a fantastic paint job you really need to see in person to appreciate. Absolute minimum amounts of orange peel for very clear reflections, and the colour under the right light looks deeper than the ocean.
- Full plastic bumper conversion on the 1985 body. Reiger Infinity rep lip on the front, zender replica sideskirts, and Mtech II rep rear valence.
- Painted Mauritius Blue, and seldom driven over the last two years since painted… so very few rock chips.

Interior
- Original Blue cloth sport interior, in very good condition.
- No tears or stains in any seats, driver seat is still very intact with very little wear from entry/exit
- M-tech II steering wheel
- ZHP shift knob
- Alpine stereo system

Exhaust
- 2.25” from top to bottom, with a Magnaflow muffler and Magnaflow high flow cats.
- The best part… emissions exempt! This is an ’85.

The Bad:
- Needs new front shock and a new tie rod.
- Slow drain on battery from fuse 21. There is a killswitch installed on the battery to prevent it from dying.

Like I said, this car is really an ideal turbo project. All you need to do is bolt on the turbo and tune it, everything else is in and ready to go. The engine is really overbuilt, and with the forged crank it can take all kinds of pressure.

The car also comes with a few goodies… HP laptop with Megatune installed for connecting to the MS, custom fit car cover, a few spare parts if you want them, maintenance manual, etc.

If you’re interested, PM me or call 905 251 3993. Leave a message if I don’t answer, I get bad reception at home. I don’t have that much time on my hands, so please only serious inquiries.

Asking $7,500. I absolutely have to get rid of this car as soon as possible!! I’m moving and I don’t have time to waste… come look at the car and we’ll work something out. I am a very motivated seller, I just need it off my hands and into those of someone who can really use it to it’s full potential!

Old 06-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
Aveman
2nd Gear Member

Also has a capped off turbo oil drain AN fitting waiting on the oil pan for an easy turbo install. Don't even have to pull the pan!

Good luck with the sale! A car like this doesn't come around every day so I'm sure it'll go fast.
Aveman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:51 PM   #3
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

And no driveclean testing, and high rear arches for big meaty tires after you put a turbo on it. Beautiful E30.

After spending last weekend in Montreal, I can see how car-free would be appealing.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:13 AM   #4
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Gorgeous car, GLWS!

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:58 AM   #5
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aveman View Post
Also has a capped off turbo oil drain AN fitting waiting on the oil pan for an easy turbo install. Don't even have to pull the pan!

Good luck with the sale! A car like this doesn't come around every day so I'm sure it'll go fast.
Thanks man!

Shoulda seen her tonight at the cruise! I'm quite happy with the results, and so was my passenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
And no driveclean testing, and high rear arches for big meaty tires after you put a turbo on it. Beautiful E30.

After spending last weekend in Montreal, I can see how car-free would be appealing.
Yeah, the driveclean is huge. Takes a constant nag right off your hands, never have to worry about a clean car...

And yeah, Montreal wouldn't want this car. It wouldn't hold up forever, and I'd hate to see it take any abuse there, at the hands of vandals or the roads, either or.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
Gorgeous car, GLWS!
Thanks Rudy!
Old 06-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #6
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

STORE IT **** YOU CAN KEEP IT IN MY GARAGE i won t even touch it, just for bragging rights LOOOOL
Old 06-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #7
Fel
Not Banned

Sold!

Sadly, we won't be seeing it around here much... it's on it's way to Calgary with a very happy new owner.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:41 PM   #8
defaultName
5th Gear Member

That was fast... Please tell me you got good money for it
defaultName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:29 PM   #9
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by defaultName View Post
That was fast... Please tell me you got good money for it
It was a very fair exchange.

Hopefully the new owner keeps in touch and we can see what happens to the car in the future (I hear there are swap possibilities ahead).
Old 06-26-2010, 03:24 AM   #10
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

"Clean" was an understatement!!! Good to see it found a new home so quick, goes to show nice E30's are more in demand then ever...

More people should start restoring them!!!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:41 AM   #11
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post
I hear there are swap possibilities ahead
Really, that's too bad...
That motor sounded nice and strong on the midnight cruise. Well if and when the owner swaps, tell him to ship the motor back here, I'd love to have me another 327i built for boost, already running MS
Old 06-28-2010, 04:06 AM   #12
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
"Clean" was an understatement!!! Good to see it found a new home so quick, goes to show nice E30's are more in demand then ever...

More people should start restoring them!!!
Yeah I got lucky in finding someone fast, but also it would seem someone who will take care of the car and actually continue to improve it in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Really, that's too bad...
That motor sounded nice and strong on the midnight cruise. Well if and when the owner swaps, tell him to ship the motor back here, I'd love to have me another 327i built for boost, already running MS
Haha I'll let him know... it might not be for a bit but I think it'll be one of those "go big or go home" jobs... some engine with an S in front of it. Should be interesting nonetheless.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: