Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Bullet Ride's turbo project

So I got this car last august it a semi complete state. The car was "driveable" but it had a number of things that still needed to be sorted out. Well, I got busy fixing up my other car and just never got around to this car. I'd like to start working on it now here and there when I have the time so that I can have it ready to go for the fall.

The kit was a budget build. It has an e-bay manifold and turbo (TO4E 50 trim .63 a/r), knock off type-rs BOV, and some turbo chip (for 8psi maybe? I need to open the dme and take a look at it)

Things I need to do:
- Redo the intercooler set-up so that I can actually put the headlights back into the car
- Wire in wideband O2
- Install an oil pressure and oil temp gauge
- Clean up the engine bay (routing wires, vacuum lines, and hoses)
- Redo the brakes because they are shot
- Install the lowering springs and shocks I pulled from my other car
- Start shaking the car down looking for bugs.

At some point I'd like to go to a stand alone engine management (most likely MS) but I need to save some money for my last year of school starting this fall. So I just want to get the car into a driveable state, then next year I'll convert it to stand alone, add on some arp head studs... and up the boost

I'll update this thread as I work on the car, here are some pics of the car pretty much how I got it last year

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: