Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Classics
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
DUBL02
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BURLINGTON, ONTARIO
Posts: 40
'76 2002 in Acton

Hi guys, i'm back with another possibility. Seller says it won concours at Mosport in 2002, says the body is still good etc. It's a five speed, rebuilt motor,new exhaust, re-upholstered interior. What do you think?
Martin.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ201573881

Last edited by DUBL02; 05-26-2010 at 07:58 PM.
DUBL02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
73 Tii
DSC off
 
73 Tii's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 288
Don't know the car personally, but I can tell you that he tried to sell it all last year as well. You should try to drive the price down if it's a good candidate
__________________
Kris

70 2002 M2 2.5L
01 Dinan E46 M3
73 Tii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:06 PM   #3
damameke
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73 Tii View Post
Don't know the car personally, but I can tell you that he tried to sell it all last year as well. You should try to drive the price down if it's a good candidate
Without checking out the car.. was the asking price too high? was that why it didnt sell last year?

What would be a fair price?
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:19 PM   #4
73 Tii
DSC off
 
73 Tii's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
Without checking out the car.. was the asking price too high? was that why it didnt sell last year?

What would be a fair price?
Depends on what "decent shape" means in the ad. Hard to say without giving it a good look. But since it was offered last year for $5K with no takers I would guess it's worth less. If there are no big issues maybe $4K, but it needs to be thoroughly checked out.
__________________
Kris

70 2002 M2 2.5L
01 Dinan E46 M3
73 Tii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:39 AM   #5
Smitty
4th Gear Member
 
Smitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 627
I believe that car was for sale last year at $6k. "Decent shape" damns the car with faint praise. Still, definitely worth seeing.
__________________
Some old BMWs
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
roaster
ill Finger
 
roaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 219
I don't know the person who is selling the car however its a good buy for the $5000.00 the car seems clean and sold from the pics anyway specially if it has a rebuilt motor,
the upper trim looks good. wheels are decent, the dive board bumpers got to go.
if you think about you go buy a rat for couple of grand and you got to spend thousands on it to make it look as good as this one. Trust me I know.LOL
I think you should go see the car in person and maybee make him a offer.
It looks to be in better shapes than most cars you see out there.
roaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:26 PM   #7
DUBL02
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BURLINGTON, ONTARIO
Posts: 40
I will try and see it this weekend. He also has a bunch of spares too, including a motor. Let me know if you guys need any parts.
DUBL02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #8
DUBL02
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BURLINGTON, ONTARIO
Posts: 40
I looked at the car today and was quite impressed. The paint was good, doors line up good etc. There is a small section at the top of the drivers door where there is some paint bubbles (and probably some bondo). New front and rear windows and seals. The engine looks good with no leaks. Pedal box has been replaced. There is some rust on the front panel but doesn't look too bad from what i could see (there is a spoiler covering it). The frame rail under the drivers seat has been pushed up enough to cause a visible hump inside the car, the owner said it was due to jacking the car up. Everything works, blower motor replaced, heater core rebuilt etc. He is keen to sell so i guess my question is, what is involved in repairing the frame rail and cost? Sorry, didn't get any pics.
DUBL02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:05 AM   #9
73 Tii
DSC off
 
73 Tii's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBL02 View Post
I looked at the car today and was quite impressed. The paint was good, doors line up good etc. There is a small section at the top of the drivers door where there is some paint bubbles (and probably some bondo). New front and rear windows and seals. The engine looks good with no leaks. Pedal box has been replaced. There is some rust on the front panel but doesn't look too bad from what i could see (there is a spoiler covering it). The frame rail under the drivers seat has been pushed up enough to cause a visible hump inside the car, the owner said it was due to jacking the car up. Everything works, blower motor replaced, heater core rebuilt etc. He is keen to sell so i guess my question is, what is involved in repairing the frame rail and cost? Sorry, didn't get any pics.
I know someone who just went through frame rail replacement. Message me.
__________________
Kris

70 2002 M2 2.5L
01 Dinan E46 M3
73 Tii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #10
Smitty
4th Gear Member
 
Smitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 627
Down to $4k now:

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ214622831
__________________
Some old BMWs
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #11
1BADBMR
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,625
This guy who selling the car is my co-worker. He's been trying to sell it for a while now.
He barely drives the thing. Saw it in person, in good shape for such a old car.
2002's will always turn heads
__________________
_____________________________________________
98 M3 Sedan
06 Yamaha R6 (SOLD)
04 Honda Civic (Beater)
93 318i (SOLD)
1BADBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:44 AM   #12
Smitty
4th Gear Member
 
Smitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 627
He needs to street park it at Ossington and Dundas with a for sale sign in the window. Seriously.
__________________
Some old BMWs
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #13
DUBL02
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BURLINGTON, ONTARIO
Posts: 40
It's one of the few cars i've looked at that actually looks better in the flesh than in the pics. The frame rail was the deciding factor for me. I was bummed because i really liked it.
DUBL02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #14
damameke
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBL02 View Post
It's one of the few cars i've looked at that actually looks better in the flesh than in the pics. The frame rail was the deciding factor for me. I was bummed because i really liked it.
Did you ever find out the cost to get the frame rail repaired?: and offer him minus the repair cost since you really like it...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:46 PM   #15
damameke
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
Do you know what was his original asking price?
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014