Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-05-2010, 07:14 PM   #31
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Well it's been a long 7 days and 2 evenings.... call it 8 days if you'd like, but it's done (with the exception of the bleed screw that needs to be fixed still). Since there's almost no breaks I only drove it up the road about 1km and back, at full low, with out adjusting anything. Needless to say the ride is really firm lol, not surprising since I put race springs in it . Full low is too low for me because of both safety and practicality... I don't want my car to be rubbing off on everything. I'm going to be raising it up an inch or so and starting with the shocks at full soft and going from there.

Without further delay... pictures

Note that the springs also need to settle too, but that will only account for a few mm because of how stiff they are

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Cheers
Old 05-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #32
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Nice! Reminds me of when i was dumped with my 4lug GC setup...You must have good neighbors, mine called the city on me when I had my car parked on my lawn for a week!!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #33
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30_kid89 View Post
You must have good neighbors, mine called the city on me when I had my car parked on my lawn for a week!!
That's our only neighbor for half a km lol, and yeah they are nice.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #34
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30_kid89 View Post
Nice! Reminds me of when i was dumped with my 4lug GC setup...You must have good neighbors, mine called the city on me when I had my car parked on my lawn for a week!!
What did the city do? I know here.. it's your lawn.. do w/e you want to do to it lol.

Btw.. looks sharp!
HavocSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:57 PM   #35
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Looks a lot better now nice and lowered. Where is your iS lip? Looks like a hefty kink in the left rear quarter?

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #36
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
Looks a lot better now nice and lowered. Where is your iS lip? Looks like a hefty kink in the left rear quarter?
iS lip got torn off in the mentioned off road excursion, I might still have it somewhere and could reattach with some stip steel and self tapping screws . And yes there are two hefty kinks, only really noticeable when the light is hitting the car right, also a result of my off-roading as well as the previously mentioned kink in the rear valance. But in retrospect the damage could have been a lot worse i.e. totaled car, so I was lucky.

I raised the ride an inch on all 4 corners tonight and put the rears fully soft (the fronts were already fully soft) the ride is good, not as harsh as I thought it would be. Just need to bleed the brakes now and I should be good to go (I bought a larger bleed screw and drilled out the old one and taped the new one)
Old 05-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #37
dmytro
2nd Gear Member

Future of shock absorbers that generate electricity from road bumps.... cool

Should have put a pair of those instead.

dmytro is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: