Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #31
Dysantic
Captain Chaos
 
Dysantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,047


Quote:
Originally Posted by North View Post
I like the part of the video in which the customs officer says:

"As soon as you pulled away from my officers, when they went to grab your arm, that's assault. ...You're going to jail."

Pulling away from someone who is trying to grab you is a natural reflex, and there is no way that can be considered assault. I honestly don't think this video is fursrs.
hahahaha. I was thinking the same thing! Assault would have to include some kind of physical contact as in shoving the officer or hitting him in some way. By pulling away from his attempt to grab you your doing nothing, especially if you don't cause him some sort of bodily harm.

The guy was kinda being a jackass to the border officer, but the way the officers handled the situation was pretty stupid. My only question is what the hell this guy was using to record all this. If he had some device on him that could pick up all of this and didn't declare it when the asked him he could really get screwed over. lol
__________________
Dysantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #32
overlordjd
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 142
all you can do is shake your head at the situation. I don't think I could resist answering the way he did about what store he was going to. He could have not questioned the overpaid security guard the way he did, but that does not mean he should have gone to jail for that. Here, the d#@&k heads would just keep you there for a while and waste your time.
The fact of the matter is that the US overpaid security guards do not need any reason or justification to deny you access to the states or to pull you in for further questioning and search.
Americans are already not favorably looked upon throught the world and videos like these do not do well for their image.

I almost feel like this happened to me.

I cant believe some of you think the guy fully deserved what he got to the extent he got it and that he makes all canadians look bad. You guys must live in a box and don't get out much.

If you travel enough to the states, you would know that sometimes it is really hard not to lose your patience with the ass clowns and give a sarcastic answer. questions like how can a young guy like yourself afford a car like this?

Go anywhere in the world and conduct a poll to see who they hate more, Canadians or Americans.
And after this video they wonder why.

Last edited by overlordjd; 05-06-2010 at 09:26 AM.
overlordjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #33
-Brad-
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 8
I know i am a new member and everything but it really needs to be said.

I work for a company where we sell to law enforcement, military, etc ect. I deal with these officers on a daily basis. They are only doing their jobs. Im getting sick n tired of hearing these morons come to the border and act like " well im Canadian and i what does it matter... blah blah blah..."

It does matter. You have to understand that when you pull into that booth of theirs that you are now their bish. You got no rights and if you want to get through you answer the questions and be direct and specific.

Unless you want to get pulled over searched and have your car ripped apart. If that is what you are looking for then go right ahead and be a smart ass....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysantic View Post
hahahaha. I was thinking the same thing! Assault would have to include some kind of physical contact as in shoving the officer or hitting him in some way. By pulling away from his attempt to grab you your doing nothing, especially if you don't cause him some sort of bodily harm.
Assault could be with anything. It could be some one hitting him with a water bottle. There was no video of how he pulled his arm away but if they were going to fight that charge. They would just tac on another on for resisting arrest. Its the way the system works. We will throw as many charges as we can on some one and we know that maybe they all wont stick but there is enough there that some will.

Last edited by -Brad-; 05-06-2010 at 09:47 AM.
-Brad- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #34
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291
 
craigIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chatham
Posts: 2,044
Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Brad- View Post
I know i am a new member and everything but it really needs to be said.

I work for a company where we sell to law enforcement, military, etc ect. I deal with these officers on a daily basis. They are only doing their jobs. Im getting sick n tired of hearing these morons come to the border and act like " well im Canadian and i what does it matter... blah blah blah..."

It does matter. You have to understand that when you pull into that booth of theirs that you are now their bish. You got no rights and if you want to get through you answer the questions and be direct and specific.

Unless you want to get pulled over searched and have your car ripped apart. If that is what you are looking for then go right ahead and be a smart ass....



Assault could be with anything. It could be some one hitting him with a water bottle. There was no video of how he pulled his arm away but if they were going to fight that charge. They would just tac on another on for resisting arrest. Its the way the system works. We will throw as many charges as we can on some one and we know that maybe they all wont stick but there is enough there that some will.
I know 2 boarder officers. They abuse their authority, plain and simple, but they do try to be fair. First, you need to tell the person immediately after your pull them over for questioning, why you are questioning them, they can't just tell you to sit down. When you ask why am I here, they "have" to tell you. Second, They need a reason for questioning you. Unfortunately, they can make one up on the spot. Third, Pulling your arm away from a law enforcement officer, is resisting arrest, not assault. The officer either has to verbally tell you, your being arrested, or, simply touch you, like lightly grab your arm.

There is no video, but something tells me when the officer grabbed the guys arm, they guy had no idea that he was being arrested. He didn't want to be touched, so he pulled away. But the law is the law, and he can' do that.

I also did not hear any sort of threat to any of the officers. Why would they say something like that? There were no threats. The guy asked if they were going to shoot him.

Even at the boarder, you "STILL" have your rights. Due process my friend. What happened in the audio was not due process.

-Brad-: I know your new here, so I'll be easy on you llol. Take law before replying to threads like this.

EDIT, there was a video, everything is taped there. It's just that it probably hasn't been released to the public........for obvious reasons.
__________________


flickr

Last edited by craigIS; 05-06-2010 at 11:48 AM.
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #35
-Brad-
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigIS View Post
I know 2 boarder officers. They abuse their authority, plain and simple, but they do try to be fair. First, you need to tell the person immediately after your pull them over for questioning, why you are questioning them, they can't just tell you to sit down. When you ask why am I here, they "have" to tell you. Second, They need a reason for questioning you. Unfortunately, they can make one up on the spot. Third, Pulling your arm away from a law enforcement officer, is resisting arrest, not assault. The officer either has to verbally tell you, your being arrested, or, simply touch you, like lightly grab your arm.

There is no video, but something tells me when the officer grabbed the guys arm, they guy had no idea that he was being arrested. He didn't want to be touched, so he pulled away. But the law is the law, and he can' do that.

I also did not hear any sort of threat to any of the officers. Why would they say something like that? There were no threats. The guy asked if they were going to shoot him.

Even at the boarder, you "STILL" have your rights. Due process my friend. What happened in the audio was not due process.

-Brad-: I know your new here, so I'll be easy on you llol. Take law before replying to threads like this.

EDIT, there was a video, everything is taped there. It's just that it probably hasn't been released to the public........for obvious reasons.
LOL...

But this is what i am getting at. Sure some officers can and do abuse their powers. I can agree with this. But what i am getting at is, it's still their booth. You can say you have rights all you want but you need to know you cant win here. There is no point in fighting it. Police officers have so many one liners its not funny.

"i used as much force as necessary to control the situation?"

Well how do you deem what is necessary?

I think you know what i mean. Reasons can be made up on the spot and they can fk you're day over and you're life if they so choose to.

The thing is... if this guy wasn't a smart ass at the border there would have been no problems. Dude went through there looking to start something and they gave it to him.

Also regarding the "LAW" comment. It really doesn't matter. Sure they need to tell you this and say this or say that before they touch you or pull you over.

But tell me if this matters? I personally don't think so. What about the guy who is getting kneed in the head or tasered for that matter? Alot of cases where things go too far but nothing happens.

People are trying to fight a brotherhood and you cant win.
-Brad- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #36
jeremy
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius View Post
The guy in the car was a complete and utter douchbag. Deserved what he got. Had he just answered the questions he would have been in and out in less than 2 min. The guy conducting the interview was incredibly professional, and was a hell of a lot nicer than I would have been.

This idiot is crossing into another country, and he thinks that he's not gonna get questioned?

That tool just gives all Canadians a bad name. It's embarrassing.
x1000000000000

why the hell did he start recording going to begin with....seems like he was looking for trouble.
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #37
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In my car
Posts: 815
ya...i wonder how real this is...why would you be recording as you are going through border crossing? i can understand if he started recording after getting hassled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
x1000000000000

why the hell did he start recording going to begin with....seems like he was looking for trouble.
__________________
ChrisTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #38
lvan
6th Gear Member
 
lvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Location
Posts: 5,271
Send a message via MSN to lvan
hahahaaha

Well that's how it is when you live in the country that everyones hates. They even have to hassle their lovely Canadian people. Thank god that I do not have a American passport when I travel.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:06 PM   #39
overlordjd
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 142
The fact that he was recording prior or after the situation escalated is not the issue at hand.

This sort of thing happens to alot of people, but we do not have a discussion or opinion on it as there is no record of it pasted on the internet for public consumption.
These asses are trained to deal with people and the behavior on this tape does not indicate any level of professionalism apart from the conversation he had with the second ass clown while sitting. That conversation was somewhat civil but the guy was pushing his luck and did aid in the situation going to the extreme it did because the unprofesional ass clown went on a power trip.

This type of thing happens all the time and does not make the civilian on the receiving end less or more deserving.

The fact that the assclowns have a code of conduct to follow and despite that, they are willing to manufacture shit to ruin peoples lives make them much more worse and even more dangerouse than some smart ass cross border shopper.
overlordjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:26 PM   #40
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTO View Post
ya...i wonder how real this is...why would you be recording as you are going through border crossing? i can understand if he started recording after getting hassled.
well if thats your only reason for doubting it -then don't doubt it at all.
a cop gets behind me in traffic & my cam comes out, starts recording.

and considering it again - its unreal (or 100% normal) that guy ends up arrested, for nothing.

even worse, there was a huge Illegal immigrant protest in arizona, non citizens with 'Demands', they according to media set biz's on fire & hurled objects at police. some covert communists in the u.s gov want to give these people Ammnesty. which somehow turns into a need for every u.s citizen to carry a gps rfid locator i.d. meanwhile we get arrested for not knowing exactly what store in a mall we wanted to go to.



america - fast tracking to becoming the 4th fking Reich (and canada's no better)
__________________
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #41
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,953
Is it illegal to record them?

I'll record the next few times I cross. You guys have no idea what some of us go through, despite being polite and cooperative.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #42
Kal
maxRealtor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,756
Send a message via MSN to Kal
I can't believe some of you guys think this guy got what he deserves. Those custom guys were complete assholes and he shouldn't have had to take that shit.
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:49 PM   #43
SamE30e
6th Gear Member
 
SamE30e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Milton
Posts: 2,891
If 100 uninvited people we're coming into a party at your house and there was potential that 1 of them were going to steal something, wouldn't you expect them to answer some questions?

Now coming back if you're a Canadian citizen and being hassled by Canadian customs is kinda balls.
__________________
85 325 - 2.8 PTE6262 VEMS.
SamE30e is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:09 AM   #44
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamE30e View Post
If 100 uninvited people we're coming into a party at your house and there was potential that 1 of them were going to steal something, wouldn't you expect them to answer some questions?
kinda like a "this is my place" sort of attitude?

about 2 mins in.
__________________
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #45
SamE30e
6th Gear Member
 
SamE30e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Milton
Posts: 2,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
kinda like a "this is my place" sort of attitude?

about 2 mins in.
They didn't get arrested or detained and answered without being ignorant and probably got let go.
__________________
85 325 - 2.8 PTE6262 VEMS.
SamE30e is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015