Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Ontario
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
Nash335
1st Gear Newbie

Tinted Windows Inquiry

Hey,

Curious to see if anyones knows a great place / price to get my 2010 335i coupe tinted. (location GTA) preference around sauga, brampton, toronto

Any recommendations on what percentage i should get, i dont want it to be too dark, maybe a combo light on the door windows and dark on the back and rear.

what do you think?
Nash335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:34 PM   #2
e30drifter
SLYDWAYZ

I got mine done at AUTOLINKS. Scarborough area, Birchmount & Eglinton. Good price, good service and it only took about an hour. End result, AUTOLINKS did a great job without any bubbles. As far as % goes... the darker your interior, the darker the tint will look. I have black interior with 20% all around. It's kinda dark depending on the angle you look at it. From the outside if you look in from the same height as you would be sitting in another car, so you can see in through one side window and out the other, then you can see the outline of the person sitting inside and maybe there face. Any other angle and the windows are black as the car. I think 5% is too dark and 35% not dark enough. But it all depends on the look your after.

I've been slacking on getting some pics up. Maybe this weekend.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JUpYp5eqTbk-(GO NUTS FOR DONUTS)
"if you think education is difficult, you should try being stupid"
e30drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
Nash335
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30drifter View Post
I got mine done at AUTOLINKS. Scarborough area, Birchmount & Eglinton. Good price, good service and it only took about an hour. End result, AUTOLINKS did a great job without any bubbles. As far as % goes... the darker your interior, the darker the tint will look. I have black interior with 20% all around. It's kinda dark depending on the angle you look at it. From the outside if you look in from the same height as you would be sitting in another car, so you can see in through one side window and out the other, then you can see the outline of the person sitting inside and maybe there face. Any other angle and the windows are black as the car. I think 5% is too dark and 35% not dark enough. But it all depends on the look your after.

I've been slacking on getting some pics up. Maybe this weekend.
my car is black on black _ i would prefer it to be light enough as not to get harrassed too much by the 5.0...havent tinted before so im not sure. i want it to look dark but not so dark that you can see inside if you really look...
Old 04-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #4
e30drifter
SLYDWAYZ

I was worried about getting it to dark as well. I think the 35% is not dark enough for my liking, but might be dark enough for you. You should probably consider either the 20% or 35%, or a combination of the two. 35% for the front windows, and 20% for the rest. Your back will be not as dark with the 35% up front, but will be dark. And the 35% up front won't be to dark. That's probably a happy medium between the kinda dark 20% all around with black interior, and the not so dark 35%

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JUpYp5eqTbk-(GO NUTS FOR DONUTS)
"if you think education is difficult, you should try being stupid"
e30drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:14 PM   #5
overlordjd
2nd Gear Member

you best bet to not be hassled is to go 35% on the rear and 20% on the front. If you are not used to driving a car with tinted windows, it is going to take some getting used to looking out the rear at night. With your black interior it will look dark.
overlordjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:18 PM   #6
Nash335
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlordjd View Post
you best bet to not be hassled is to go 35% on the rear and 20% on the front. If you are not used to driving a car with tinted windows, it is going to take some getting used to looking out the rear at night. With your black interior it will look dark.
ah true, maybe ill test drive a few tinted cars at night to make my decision, i dont want to rush into something im not gonna be happy with. thanks
Old 04-26-2010, 11:39 PM   #7
overlordjd
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash335 View Post
ah true, maybe ill test drive a few tinted cars at night to make my decision, i dont want to rush into something im not gonna be happy with. thanks
sorry. I meant 20% rear and 35% front.
overlordjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:34 AM   #8
nachos23
SweetXi

Send a message via MSN to nachos23
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlordjd View Post
sorry. I meant 20% rear and 35% front.
good catch~!!! Cause I was going to mention the lower the %, the darker it is. The % indicates the amount of light that will pass through.....
AA race FMIC and Diverter/Blow-off
H&R Coilovers
aFe CAI
& a few other goodies

nachos23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: