Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-25-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
msix
2nd Gear Member

Another reason to go to Mosport May 2nd

Are you thinking about checking out the Trillium Performance Driving School at Mosport next Sunday (May 2nd)? Here is another reason to go there:

The first event of the CASC Regional Auto-X series is at the Mosport DDT.

You want to see/participate in a real fast Autocross? ... try the DDT. You dont have to be Series registered and as BMW Club member you are also CASC member.
I want to see more BMW's at these events ....

85 325es
CASC-OR Regional Auto-X Series 2009 and 2010 1st place in D/Mod
Ontario Time Attack Series 2011 1st place in SGT2
msix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
twboy1999
5th Gear Member

how we sign up ? and the time?
Old 04-26-2010, 12:12 AM   #3
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Damn. I'd be interested, but it is a bit of a conflict as I will be at the big track all day

Are you not instructing during that school then?

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:45 AM   #4
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

I just spent today doing the school at the ddt, I beleive the event next Sunday is in the Mobil 1 series that your talking about.

Have yet another reason to come May 2nd..... Trillium Club is holding its first anual BMW swapmeet and Venders Market at the GP Track!!!!

Needless to say, next Sunday will be a good day to come to Mosport No matter what BMW your drive!!!!!!!!!!!!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:33 AM   #5
msix
2nd Gear Member

Here is some information from the organizer of the first event, which ic OMSC.

Quote:
Hope to have registration open at 8 and the course will have been set up already. Doing that Saturday night. I will try and get the powers that be to bless the course before 8 so what you walk will be what it is. Shotting for AT LEAST five runs, trying for six or more. But with this the first event of the year we have other things that do slow things down, like all the competitors, first time out for the timing equipment, some people are not registered and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on......................... You get the picture.
If you want to participate, you better be there ready before 8:00am, as I said, you dont need to be Sereis registered. But why not, the next two events are in Picton at the old Airport at the end of the May. These will be the longest and fastest Autocross runs you've ever made. This year you only have to participate in four events to qualify for the Championship and there is one event in Toronto and two other ones close by.

More information about CASC-OR Auto-X (Solo 2) here: http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

There is alwasy someone there to help with classifying your car, BMW Trillium runs by SCCA rules, so there is not much difference ...

PS: Rudi, I will be over at the big track Friday and Saturday, but will do the Regional on Sunday.

85 325es
Old 04-26-2010, 08:31 AM   #6
twboy1999
5th Gear Member

how much is it?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #7
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

"some of the fastest" You have to talk to John and I about our July event, think Picton but on steriods!!!!!

I was hoping to hit the Picton one myself, but end of May is bad for me this year, any chance you have access to the Picton location for the June 12/13th weekend, thats the weekend of the club camping trip, would be nice if someone could set up the strip so that members there had a little something extra to do that weekend!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #8
msix
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twboy1999 View Post
how much is it?
I think it is $45 for non-Series registered drivers.

I am not involved in any way with organising these events, I just like to see more BMW's there and thought as people will come out to Mosport anyways, they may want to check this out.

As for Picton, you would have to contact St.LAC (St. Lawrence Automobile Club http://www.stlac.ca/ ) as Picton is their Home turf and they woud know who to contact at the Airport for such thing. I dont know who is in charge for that.
The Regional events are always organised by a different Club across the Province ... well mostly within 2 hours of the GTA.

I hope YOUR Airport Auto-X does not conflict with any of my events, I sure would like to come out for that one. Any idea when/where?

85 325es
Old 04-26-2010, 11:52 AM   #9
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msix View Post
I think it is $45 for non-Series registered drivers.

I am not involved in any way with organising these events, I just like to see more BMW's there and thought as people will come out to Mosport anyways, they may want to check this out.

As for Picton, you would have to contact St.LAC (St. Lawrence Automobile Club http://www.stlac.ca/ ) as Picton is their Home turf and they woud know who to contact at the Airport for such thing. I dont know who is in charge for that.
The Regional events are always organised by a different Club across the Province ... well mostly within 2 hours of the GTA.

I hope YOUR Airport Auto-X does not conflict with any of my events, I sure would like to come out for that one. Any idea when/where?
Beleive ae are going for July 11th, we chose that weekend to work with Randy so its not the same day as Eurofest this year. Its about an hour north of London.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #10
msix
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Beleive ae are going for July 11th, we chose that weekend to work with Randy so its not the same day as Eurofest this year. Its about an hour north of London.
Two conflict for me:
July 11th is a CASC Regional event in Peterborough which I will not even be attending because I will be in NY for a SCCA Solo 2 National Tour event.

And dont forget ... the weekend after that on July 17 & 18 is the BMW CC Ottawa Driving School at Calabogie!!!

85 325es
Old 04-27-2010, 09:43 AM   #11
marks525
3rd Gear Member

Noooooo

Ah man! I'm so torn. Girlfriend wants me to get my parts out of the garage before we move. Looks like swap meet wins. Otherwise, I'd rather be at the school or autocross. Damn! I should just dump my stuff in my booth and put up a sign saying "free stuff", then go do my thing. Problem is I need my truck to get my parts there. Suburban autocross anyone?

marks525 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:47 AM   #12
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks525 View Post
Ah man! I'm so torn. Girlfriend wants me to get my parts out of the garage before we move. Looks like swap meet wins. Otherwise, I'd rather be at the school or autocross. Damn! I should just dump my stuff in my booth and put up a sign saying "free stuff", then go do my thing. Problem is I need my truck to get my parts there. Suburban autocross anyone?
She wants them outa the garage, she should come so you can have both vehicles there and you can do both things!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, if you autocross the subarban I want video!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:52 AM   #13
marks525
3rd Gear Member

LOL. I'm with you on that one. That will be a tough sell with her though. "Yes dear" goes a long way in a successful relationship.

marks525 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #14
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Lorrie would be coming to help, but she's got an out she doesn't know about, her bridal shower is same day
Old 04-27-2010, 11:47 PM   #15
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks525 View Post
LOL. I'm with you on that one. That will be a tough sell with her though. "Yes dear" goes a long way in a successful relationship.
LOL! That's wimp talk Mark! On a serious note, you should do what Rich is suggesting, bonding time with the misses, you get track time, she gets rid of your stuff, you make money, it's all good. She could bring some single friends to keep her company (for the rest of us.................hint, hint, hint.)

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: