Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Wheels&Tires
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
georgost
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 125
2003 540i M w/ stagerred 19" ACS Type III's

Just got a new set of rims for my 2003 540i M. Authentic AC Schnitzer Type III's, stagerred 19x8 in front and 19x9.5 in the rear. Have wanted ever since I bought the car. Just had all four rims refinished to like new condition.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 002.jpg (609.4 KB, 2371 views)

Last edited by georgost; 04-18-2010 at 03:26 PM.
georgost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
MTREEDAT
2nd Gear Member
 
MTREEDAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 98
Looks great.
__________________
____________________________________________
'06 325i Monaco blue on Lemon dakota Sport + Prem (sold)
'05 Lincoln Aviator Ultimate
'03 10th Anniv SVT Cobra a.k.a "Darkhorse" 454RWHP/503RWTQ
'12 Mustang GT 11.92 @ 115.3 mph 390RWHP /375RWTQ
MTREEDAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:33 PM   #3
InspClave
Groove Machine
 
InspClave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 86
Nice wheels indeed!
InspClave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
georgost
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTREEDAT View Post
Looks great.
Hey thanks. I see from your '03 Cobra that you are also on the GTAMC. We actually met once, you were thinking of buying my 1991 black on black coupe when I had it at Nick's shop getting serviced ( a few years back).
georgost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
georgost
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by InspClave View Post
Nice wheels indeed!
Hey, did you get the M pars installed yet? Let me know how to get those caps to you (finally got the winters off today)
georgost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #6
InspClave
Groove Machine
 
InspClave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 86
I sure did and they look great!

I can pick 'em up anytime this week. I'll contact you later about it once I get my schedule sorted out.
InspClave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:17 PM   #7
///MCoupe007
1st Gear Newbie
 
///MCoupe007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgost View Post
... Just had all four rims refinished to like new condition.
Sweet kicks man - looks proper Where did you have them refinished? Also cost per corner?
__________________
///MCoupe007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:26 PM   #8
georgost
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MCoupe007 View Post
Sweet kicks man - looks proper Where did you have them refinished? Also cost per corner?
Rims were in really bad shape. When I bought them I thought that only one rims had a bend but it turned out taht every rim was bent (to some degree) and two rims had cracks. Had them all straightened and the cracks welded, and then all 4 refinished for $800. Did them at Union Rim repair on Caledonia.

If you are simply looking to refinish the rim, then I would just go to Carcones, they are teh cheapest for just refinishing and small bends ($125/rim)
georgost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:52 PM   #9
///MCoupe007
1st Gear Newbie
 
///MCoupe007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10
Id probably fall within the ladder refinishing. Contacted Carcones last season, however the ETA/turnaround was minimum 3-4 weeks....longer than id like to wait. Perhaps im being impatient and unrealistic to get them back on the car in less time. They are reputable nonetheless but equally busy i suppose....price is reasonable above all. I may give them a second go this time around. Again, well done on your setup looks proper good.....cheers
__________________
///MCoupe007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:01 PM   #10
georgost
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MCoupe007 View Post
Id probably fall within the ladder refinishing. Contacted Carcones last season, however the ETA/turnaround was minimum 3-4 weeks....longer than id like to wait. Perhaps im being impatient and unrealistic to get them back on the car in less time. They are reputable nonetheless but equally busy i suppose....price is reasonable above all. I may give them a second go this time around. Again, well done on your setup looks proper good.....cheers
Seems like rim repair is a thrivingbusiness. Must be a reflection on the condition of our roads. It took me 3 weeks to get them back.

Here are some better pictures of the car (smaller)
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/own...new-shoes.html
georgost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #11
///MCoupe007
1st Gear Newbie
 
///MCoupe007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgost View Post
Seems like rim repair is a thrivingbusiness. Must be a reflection on the condition of our roads. It took me 3 weeks to get them back.

Here are some better pictures of the car (smaller)
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/own...new-shoes.html

Ha! No doubt, between the Canadian roads and lending the car to the woman for a weekend....cough, cough....no rims are safe.
Pics on the M5 Board gauge a better perspective on the stance and overall look super clean! Ive had a hardon for concave rims for as long as i can remember. Came real close to picking up a set of old Rondell Type 21s. If i were to deviate from a dish setup, concave would be my next choice. Ive been eyeing the concave sevens (360 Forged). At a cost of approx $2K per corner, id be better off kicking myself in the nads in wet underwear than dumping the kind of $$$ into a wet dream. But theyre just so damn durty!


__________________
///MCoupe007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #12
georgost
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MCoupe007 View Post
Ha! No doubt, between the Canadian roads and lending the car to the woman for a weekend....cough, cough....no rims are safe.
Pics on the M5 Board gauge a better perspective on the stance and overall look super clean! Ive had a hardon for concave rims for as long as i can remember. Came real close to picking up a set of old Rondell Type 21s. If i were to deviate from a dish setup, concave would be my next choice. Ive been eyeing the concave sevens (360 Forged). At a cost of approx $2K per corner, id be better off kicking myself in the nads in wet underwear than dumping the kind of $$$ into a wet dream. But theyre just so damn durty!


Oh man, that was really really funny! Those concave rims are absolutely insane!. WOW! Although at $2K a piece.......yikes! Couldn't justify spending taht kind of cash unless tehy were on display in my living room!
georgost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #13
///MCoupe007
1st Gear Newbie
 
///MCoupe007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgost View Post
....Couldn't justify spending that kind of cash unless they were on display in my living room!
Never say never....live the dream brother, ha!







__________________
///MCoupe007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:18 PM   #14
georgost
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 125
Now that's the stuff! Always wanted a 12 cylinder Ferrari block for a coffee table. Wonder if teh wife would go for it?
georgost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #15
///MCoupe007
1st Gear Newbie
 
///MCoupe007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgost View Post
Now that's the stuff! Always wanted a 12 cylinder Ferrari block for a coffee table. Wonder if teh wife would go for it?
Id opt out for an F40 intercooler as a headboard...may induce bedroom debauchery

Sales pitch: shell rev like a prancing horse and youll cum like a Ferrari
__________________
///MCoupe007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.