Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-10-2010, 09:12 AM   #16
nachos23
SweetXi

Send a message via MSN to nachos23
its not in yet, so technically; it doesn't count Whenever you mod, it's a combination of cosmetic yet functional, purely cosmetic (carbon fibre) and/or performance oriented or purely performance.... we all have some of all those elements in our rides...... angel eyes, blackout grills, carbon fibre, etc all are purely cosmetic....

I've tried to balance perfornance and cosmetic upgrades.....
AA race FMIC and Diverter/Blow-off
H&R Coilovers
aFe CAI
& a few other goodies

nachos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:49 AM   #17
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member

hey Nacho, you definitely want to ask for a 20% tint. Radioactive man has a sedan with beige interior like yours and it looks sharp. It will look slightly lighter than mine since I have a black interior.

If you are going to run a minimum 18" wheel year round, the next time you do a brake job you can have your BMW dealer install the "BMW Performance" cross drilled rotors. They are larger and the smallest wheel that will fit over them is an 18, super sexy! I don't think there's a huge difference in the cost difference between stock and Performance rotors so if you do it when your stock's are worn out it'll be perfect.
mstearnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #18
nachos23
SweetXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstearnsy View Post
hey Nacho, you definitely want to ask for a 20% tint. Radioactive man has a sedan with beige interior like yours and it looks sharp. It will look slightly lighter than mine since I have a black interior.

If you are going to run a minimum 18" wheel year round, the next time you do a brake job you can have your BMW dealer install the "BMW Performance" cross drilled rotors. They are larger and the smallest wheel that will fit over them is an 18, super sexy! I don't think there's a huge difference in the cost difference between stock and Performance rotors so if you do it when your stock's are worn out it'll be perfect.
too bad I didn't know that 3 weeks ago.... I just replaced my front rotors, pads, sensors and front caliper rebuilds..... They fit in my assembly?
H&R Coilovers
aFe CAI
& a few other goodies

Old 04-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #19
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member

I think the rotors are interchangeable to work with factory BMW calipers. But you can't use 17s with them, have to go 18s or larger.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #20
mr.rhtuner
2nd Gear Member

if you don't mind me asking, where did you get the pedals and the carbon fiber pieces for the inside?
mr.rhtuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:57 AM   #21
nachos23
SweetXi

pedals; eBay. Carbon Fibre I do myself. Actually waiting for new shipment of carbon fibre cloth to start trimming again. Getting alot of interest. Actually sold my set to e46Fanatics member (wanted it quick!!!) and am using another custom painted set in my car now.... I painted custom metallic black and will 4 layers of clear coat looks amazing!!! Got the idea as I had bought the set to use to wrap and he had painted.... didn't care for the paint, but gave me an idea.... I used a textured black metallic paint and lots of clear coat and I think it looks awesome. Need to wrap more pieces to get a set back into my car.... If interested PM me....
H&R Coilovers
aFe CAI
& a few other goodies

Old 04-11-2010, 09:15 AM   #22
nachos23
SweetXi

bump
H&R Coilovers
aFe CAI
& a few other goodies

Old 04-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #23
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
If you are going to run a minimum 18" wheel year round, the next time you do a brake job you can have your BMW dealer install the "BMW Performance" cross drilled rotors.
No such thing for a 330ci.

The e46 m3's with competition packages did however have this option (which i'm assuming your talking about since that is what you drive). The competition package got cross drilled rotors that are 20mm bigger than the standard m3 rotors and they are also a floating rotor with an aluminum hat.

I highly doubt they are a direct replacement for all e46 m3s....because the calipers and brackets are also different, i would assume you'd need those too and not just the rotors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachos23 View Post
bump
lol, who bumps their own thread unless it's a FS thread?
Are you looking for more attn?
Old 04-12-2010, 10:50 PM   #24
nachos23
SweetXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
lol, who bumps their own thread unless it's a FS thread?
Are you looking for more attn?
was trying to get a couple of conversations going again that had died.... moved to PMs...... that's all. figured if they saw the thread we'd pick-up and it worked.....
H&R Coilovers
aFe CAI
& a few other goodies

Old 04-12-2010, 11:49 PM   #25
damameke
6th Gear Member

thats funny bumping for conversation..

nice transformation tho...did all the work?
damameke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:05 AM   #26
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
No such thing for a 330ci.

The e46 m3's with competition packages did however have this option (which i'm assuming your talking about since that is what you drive). The competition package got cross drilled rotors that are 20mm bigger than the standard m3 rotors and they are also a floating rotor with an aluminum hat.
There is such a thing because I also own a 2005 330Ci and when I did my front brakes I considered buying the BMW Performance cross drilled rotors instead of factory rotors. I decided not to strictly because I ran a 17" winter wheel setup. They are an aftermarket accessory through BMW parts depts as part of the BMW Performance tuning lineup.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:28 AM   #27
nachos23
SweetXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
thats funny bumping for conversation..

nice transformation tho...did all the work?
Thanks!!! I know it was "weird" but it worked!!

I did all the work on the car. Have a friend who runs a indy shop that I help with tough BMW related issues and in turn I get use of the shop for the bigger jobs and his expertise on the more difficult fixes such as FCAB replacement we did last Friday. Xi FCABs do not come installed in carrier and without his help I would have probably been stuck or struggling for quite a while. Still took time without presses, but we managed to replace both and they work great. When replacing the blower motor a few months ago, we wanted to find a way to avoid all the issues and pitfalls I've read about in other posts (and the time it takes them to complete fix). We found the answer! Remove the valve cover (which needed to be done anyway) and the motor was removed and new one installed in about 10 minutes....

William (my mechanic buddy) is a huge asset and definitely makes working on the car a whole lot easier.
H&R Coilovers
aFe CAI
& a few other goodies

Old 04-13-2010, 09:15 AM   #28
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
There is such a thing because I also own a 2005 330Ci and when I did my front brakes I considered buying the BMW Performance cross drilled rotors instead of factory rotors. I decided not to strictly because I ran a 17" winter wheel setup. They are an aftermarket accessory through BMW parts depts as part of the BMW Performance tuning lineup.
I did a search, the 330ci BMW Performance rotors are the same size as stock, 325x25.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #29
damameke
6th Gear Member

nachos23.. is wiliam based in brampton too?

I have an intermittent issue, maybe he can tak a look at it, nothing major.

I PM you the issue...
damameke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:07 AM   #30
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
I did a search, the 330ci BMW Performance rotors are the same size as stock, 325x25.
Where'd you find those, do you have a part #? Are they the cross drilled ones?

Tags
customize, e46, upgrade

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: