Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-05-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
RingBredE46
1st Gear Newbie

Guys i need your help buying a BMW

Hello everyone, as you can see im new here and looking for my first ever BMW. My budget is about $12,000 and im looking for a 01-02 330Ci or 330i. Now i went to look at a 01 330i sport package at a small Woodbridge dealership. The car has 140k and looks mint inside out, EXCEPT the front end looks like it was repainted, however they have the carproof which shows a clean title. The asking price is $10,700. They are willing to let the car go out the door for $11,800 e-tested and certified with a 2 year powertrain warranty that covers claims up to $1,000. I wasnt able to drive it because it as indoors but i fired it up and there seems to be some ticking coming from the motor. The car revs up nicely and sounds good when revving. When just sitting there running however it ticks a bit more than another 330i that was parked beside it. The dealer swears the car was never in any accidents and has offered me to take it to a BMW dealer before i purchase it and if they find anything wrong he would fix it before selling to me.

What do you guys make of this? I mean he is offering a 2 year powertrain warranty and is confident of me taking it to a BMW dealership. Maybe some of these motors tick more than others? I dont know squat about these cars. Any help would be appreciated greatly!

Oh and i should add the shifter feels weird, its very loose and when in neutral its all the way to the right, meaning it has play when you move it to the left but its right up against the right side wall, so there is no play to the right.

Last edited by RingBredE46; 04-05-2010 at 08:19 PM.
RingBredE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #2
uzi577
RUNING BOOST

First the warranty they offer is useless. the only things they are covering is engine and the trany. If you ask anybody most engines especially 3L will run for a very long time. The staff you should be worried about is the of the components, trust me there are a lots of them. My suggestion will be cover you basics , carfax, check with MTO. service history, previous owners. The test drive and inspection is a MUST.Clicking noises could be a injectors. Good luck.
If you still want more info. Check out LEMON-AID it's book, great read, You also can run the thought by e46fanatics
One more please be more specific about your question. Very generic question often are ignored due to complexity of the answer.
Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. Good luck with a buy.
If you have any question do hesitate to ask.
Good luck.
uzi577 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: